Bengals at Titans Divisional Post-game thoughts thread (good/bad/ugly)

We should be able to get a couple mid tier guards and center in to compete. Bengals are not paying a Trent Williams type tackle. Doubt someone of that caliber is available would come here. Guess we shall see. I also like to see full back and tight ends that can block. Build up everywhere like miners team. Tough physical but we can play anyway high octane or smash mouth. 

if you have the qb and receivers plus back rest should be easier to find. Cap wise we build around burrow chase tee. Defense secretary bates reader and Wilson. Love Hilton too. 

if I was a gm I would also get a indoor faculty for all our future playoff games to come. In my dreams. I hope I am not dreaming all this . Our issues we can all deal with keep burrow healthy clean.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Replacing 4 guys is unrealistic.

Here's the three guys I would replace.

Whatever dudes.

I agreed that replacing 5 guys is unrealistic.  (entire offensive line according to Jamie)  I'm hoping for three.  Would be incredulous if they didn't replace two. 

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Perhaps. But why they do not give a fellow with 60 career NFL starts even a glance--over an obviously inexperienced and sometimes over-matched fellow--has been curious. 

Is he "better than they already have"? I can't answer that. They have their reasons, so guess should leave it at that. 

Either XSF has a lingering injury issue or he's worse than we ever thought he was..

Seems they'd start ole Fred there before Filo..

Gotta side with Pollack and ZT on knowing what they know right now..

Its truly an amazing feat by this team 

with this oline..

On 1/23/2022 at 7:41 PM, UncleEarl said:

Ok. 7 sacks on the line.  They good.  :ninja:

Bullshit. Burrow had ample time and pocket on half of those and held the ball. If he didn't want to risk throwing it away, fine. But they were coverage sacks. And then there was the aforementioned half yard loss they called a sack. 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Bullshit. Burrow had ample time and pocket on half of those and held the ball. If he didn't want to risk throwing it away, fine. But they were coverage sacks. And then there was the aforementioned half yard loss they called a sack. 

Oh good lord...it was a half assed joke.  No matter how you slice it that line isn't anywhere near good enough.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

And then there was the aforementioned half yard loss they called a sack. 

He actually gained about 30 inches on that play, but because it was less than a full yard, it counted as no gain…and therefore a sack.  That’s stupid. 

BTW, on the previous play (or two or three plays before), I thought Higgins (?) was down at the twenty before the “fumble” that went right to Chase at the 21.

On 1/24/2022 at 9:36 PM, Cricket said:

He actually gained about 30 inches on that play, but because it was less than a full yard, it counted as no gain…and therefore a sack.  That’s stupid. 

BTW, on the previous play (or two or three plays before), I thought Higgins (?) was down at the twenty before the “fumble” that went right to Chase at the 21.

I was saying that too when it happened, but it was good that Chase recovered it. You don't want to trust any call to the refs or review.

On 1/24/2022 at 8:36 PM, Cricket said:

When Evan made that final game winning kick, I thought all male Bengal fans "gained an inch". 

25 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Just watched the inside nfl on YouTube . It’s pretty amazing the titans coach called burrow scared. He really gets crushed and the insures are really good. 
it’s under a channel called nfl fanzine 

https://youtu.be/9iKoXqNfm-g (about 3/4 the way towards the end)

Archived