Jump to content

Bengals at Titans Divisional Post-game thoughts thread (good/bad/ugly)


Recommended Posts

That was probably the worst OL performance in the history of playoff football in the NFL.

Nine sacks and countless hits, truly a putrid effort.

Our QB...75% completions for 350 @ 9.4 yrds a pop in a WIN. That's just insanity. 

I'll take our guy against absolutely anyone. I have no fear whatsoever of any team in the final 4 at this point.

Superbowl confident over here.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

That was probably the worst OL performance in the history of playoff football in the NFL.

Nine sacks and countless hits, truly a putrid effort.

Our QB...75% completions for 350 @ 9.4 yrds a pop in a WIN. That's just insanity. 

I'll take our guy against absolutely anyone. I have no fear whatsoever of any team in the final 4 at this point.

Superbowl confident over here.

 

 

 

 

Ive seen a couple qb wr duos that were locked in like Joe and JMarr...

 

It can be described in many ways.

Some kind of magic?..

 

Just a pleasurable performance to watch each game..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Agree miss Bernard. I think Evans just needs the opportunity. Guy is very smooth running and catching the ball. Wish they would give him more opportunities.

 

Just looked up Perine's contract.  Pretty easy cut if they want.  $350,000 dead cap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

 

 

Yeah I saw his feed yesterday, I hope someone gets in his ear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GOOD

Win-The Bengals win two playoff games and are in the Final Four! Awesome!!

Joseph Lee Burrow-Statistically not the greatest game but, the guy is who we've needed all these years.

Ja'Marr Chase-Overall solid game but that final catch was clutch. 5 of 6 for 109 yards. Guy is insane good.

CJ Uzomah-Some timely catches. 7 of 8 for 71 yards.

Tee Higgins-7 catches for 96 yards. We have two #1 WRs in my opinion.

Joe Mixon-Did enough in the run game and sprang a TD scamper in a crucial moment. His pass blocking was also sound.

Evan McPherson-4/4 and the game winning FG. Kid is all kinds of cool.

Logan Wilson-A legit NFL LB. Made some big tackles and of course, had the game clinching INT.

Mike Hilton-I keep saying it...one of the most unheralded free agent signings in a long time.

DJ Reader-5 solo tackles, 2 tackles for a loss and just a load in the middle. So underrated.

Jessie Bates-Set the tone with a good read and INT to start the game along with 4 solo tackles.

Lou Anarumo-Dude...we beat this poor fucker up and he's doing a stellar job. In our faces.

Zac Taylor-Hats off to you, young man. You've guided your team to the AFCC. Least penalized team in the NFL.

Eli Apple-Needs to shut up but, he's a must resign. #2 CB and a career turn around. Made the key play on defense when it mattered.

 

BAD

Samaje Perine-No effort on that catch. Below average backup RB. The Bengals should be upgrading here in the offseason.

Chidobe Awuzie-First appearance here for me but, tough outing. Hasn't happened much. He'll bounceback

 

UGLY

Offensive Line-This unit is dogshit. Most sacked QB in the regular season and 9 fucking sacks in the Divisional Playoff game. If you don't think every single starter is upgradeable, you aren't watching or your hopes outweigh common sense. Quinton Spain and Jonah Williams have taken over from Trey Hopkins playing the least stinky turd card. Woeful job. The head office should be ashamed that they let Joe Burrow play behind that garbage this season. Minimum of two upper tier linemen need to be grabbed in free agency and then hit the draft. Absolutely terrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

 

Quinton Spain did the same thing after getting beat like a drum all day. Shut the fuck up.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

UGLY

Offensive Line-This unit is dogshit. Most sacked QB in the regular season and 9 fucking sacks in the Divisional Playoff game. If you don't think every single starter is upgradeable, you aren't watching or your hopes outweigh common sense. Quinton Spain and Jonah Williams have taken over from Trey Hopkins playing the least stinky turd card. Woeful job. The head office should be ashamed that they let Joe Burrow play behind that garbage this season. Minimum of two upper tier linemen need to be grabbed in free agency and then hit the draft. Absolutely terrible.

 

 

At least this Overreaction is on Overreaction Monday.

 

I get it watching Burrow get sacked 9 times on Saturday has caused us PTSD, but this is an overreaction. 

 

I'm sorry but no, and yes I have watched every single game this year, Willams and Spain have struggled at times sure, but they both have had more good games than bad games. The issue with this line is from Center to the right. 

 

We are all on here saying that if Burrow had even an average line we'd be favorites you go get 3 new guys from Center to the Right Tackle that are as average as Williams and Spain and we are playing in the Jungle instead of Arrowhead this weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

 

At least this Overreaction is on Overreaction Monday.

 

I get it watching Burrow get sacked 9 times on Saturday has caused us PTSD, but this is an overreaction. 

 

I'm sorry but no, and yes I have watched every single game this year, Willams and Spain have struggled at times sure, but they both have had more good games than bad games. The issue with this line is from Center to the right. 

 

We are all on here saying that if Burrow had even an average line we'd be favorites you go get 3 new guys from Center to the Right Tackle that are as average as Williams and Spain and we are playing in the Jungle instead of Arrowhead this weekend.

 

Have a hard time seeing how being down on possibly the worst OL in football is an overreaction.  Yes, from center to RT are the biggest problems.  On the other hand if you have the opportunity to get a stud LT and move Williams to RT you take it.  Williams looks good compared to the C and right side, but that's faint praise.  He's average at best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

 

Have a hard time seeing how being down on possibly the worst OL in football is an overreaction.  Yes, from center to RT are the biggest problems.  On the other hand if you have the opportunity to get a stud LT and move Williams to RT you take it.  Williams looks good compared to the C and right side, but that's faint praise.  He's average at best. 

 

 

Any time you talk about replacing an entire unit from a team that is in the AFCC it's an overreaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

 

 

Any time you talk about replacing an entire unit from a team that is in the AFCC it's an overreaction.

 

Fair, because its unrealistic. 

 

Must have at least two new guys at RG and RT.  Should find a new C.  Be nice to find a good LT and move Williams to RT.  I'm good with resigning Spain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

 

Fair, because its unrealistic. 

 

Must have at least two new guys at RG and RT.  Should find a new C.  Be nice to find a good LT and move Williams to RT.  I'm good with resigning Spain.

 

 

I have some guys in mind but not ready to really do a deep dive yet since were still playing, the RT spot is going to be the toughest to replace imho just because tackles are always at a premium on both sides. I also am disappointed in Carman but am not down on him enough as I have seen enough good things to think he can be a starter, but I want someone to compete with him to force him to stay hungry and not show up to camp not in shape again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

 

I have some guys in mind but not ready to really do a deep dive yet since were still playing, the RT spot is going to be the toughest to replace imho just because tackles are always at a premium on both sides. I also am disappointed in Carman but am not down on him enough as I have seen enough good things to think he can be a starter, but I want someone to compete with him to force him to stay hungry and not show up to camp not in shape again. 

 

I'm not down on Carman enough to give up, but I sure wouldn't pencil him in as a starter.  He's going to have to earn that.  Injuries happen and that's how his next opportunity should come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

 

I'm not down on Carman enough to give up, but I sure wouldn't pencil him in as a starter.  He's going to have to earn that.  Injuries happen and that's how his next opportunity should come.

 

 

I doubt they do it since its the AFCC but as bad as Adniji was on Saturday I am not opposed to seeing Carman get the start this weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

 

I doubt they do it since its the AFCC but as bad as Adniji was on Saturday I am not opposed to seeing Carman get the start this weekend.

That's what I was thinking...can Carman really be any worse?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

 

I doubt they do it since its the AFCC but as bad as Adniji was on Saturday I am not opposed to seeing Carman get the start this weekend.

 

Or Sua-Filo?  I dunno man...but next season is what I'm talking about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

Doubt they promote a guy to starter that they just sent to the practice squad.

Perhaps. But why they do not give a fellow with 60 career NFL starts even a glance--over an obviously inexperienced and sometimes over-matched fellow--has been curious. 

 

Is he "better than they already have"? I can't answer that. They have their reasons, so guess should leave it at that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

Doubt they promote a guy to starter that they just sent to the practice squad.

I thought that was just a little maneuvering to get the newly signed D Lineman

on the playing roster.  They decided they needed another D body rather than

an O lineman and another week to knock off the rust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35. Burrow earned the team’s highest PFF grade on offense with a 73.9. Rounding out the top five were Chase (71.7), wide receiver Tee Higgins (70.6), running back Joe Mixon (67.4) and left tackle Jonah Williams (66.4).

36. The bottom five were comprised of right guard Hakeem Adeniji (33.8), running back Samaje Perine (50), center Trey Hopkins (50.1), wide receiver Tyler Boyd (53.4) and left guard Quinton Spain (58.2).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

 

 

At least this Overreaction is on Overreaction Monday.

 

I get it watching Burrow get sacked 9 times on Saturday has caused us PTSD, but this is an overreaction. 

 

I'm sorry but no, and yes I have watched every single game this year, Willams and Spain have struggled at times sure, but they both have had more good games than bad games. The issue with this line is from Center to the right. 

 

We are all on here saying that if Burrow had even an average line we'd be favorites you go get 3 new guys from Center to the Right Tackle that are as average as Williams and Spain and we are playing in the Jungle instead of Arrowhead this weekend.

 

How is saying every member of our offensive line is upgradeable an over reaction? Because you don't agree? That doesn't stop it from being true. It's not just the last game. The Bengals have allowed 103 sacks over the past two seasons. ONE HUNDRED AND THREE! Is that what you want for potentially the best QB to ever play in Cincinnati who is surrounded by offensive weapons? Stop it.

 

Jonah Williams is average at best. Quinton Spain (who is a free agent) is above average but, not great by any stretch. Trey Hopkins is below average. The RG has been occupied by wildly below average players all season and they essentially have no right tackle.

 

Is it conceivable to believe that they will switch all five players out next season? Certainly not but it doesn't mean that they aren't all easily upgraded and no option should go unconsidered. You keep saying "I hope Jackson Carman can be good". Well, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see what fills up first. I don't want them to wish and hope. The Bengals went with the "let's wish/hope this offensive line can be serviceable enough to protect our most important asset" this year. The Bengals are in the AFCC in spite of the offensive line, not because of it and we are lucky Burrow is still standing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

 

How is saying every member of our offensive line is upgradeable an over reaction? Because you don't agree? That doesn't stop it from being true. It's not just the last game. The Bengals have allowed 103 sacks over the past two seasons. ONE HUNDRED AND THREE! Is that what you want for potentially the best QB to ever play in Cincinnati who is surrounded by offensive weapons? Stop it.

 

Jonah Williams is average at best. Quinton Spain (who is a free agent) is above average but, not great by any stretch. Trey Hopkins is below average. The RG has been occupied by wildly below average players all season and they essentially have no right tackle.

 

Is it conceivable to believe that they will switch all five players out next season? Certainly not but it doesn't mean that they aren't all easily upgraded and no option should go unconsidered. You keep saying "I hope Jackson Carman can be good". Well, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see what fills up first. I don't want them to wish and hope. The Bengals went with the "let's wish/hope this offensive line can be serviceable enough to protect our most important asset" this year. The Bengals are in the AFCC in spite of the offensive line, not because of it and we are lucky Burrow is still standing.

 

 

Name me one free agent Left Tackle that will not be on his team next year or a draft pick that is better than Willams right now.

 

Ill wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...