Bengals at Chiefs (AFC Championship Week Notes/Thoughts/News Thread)

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

What is most interesting is that more and more players are stepping UP there games on this team compatred to the opposite in the past. 

Right? We used to fail in big games in all three phases. This is...different. 

I really do think a lot of credit has to go to ZT and what he has built in terms of culture etc. 

3 minutes ago, membengal said:

I really do think a lot of credit has to go to ZT and what he has built in terms of culture etc. 

I think it starts and ends with Burrow. His confidence and coolness appears more infectious than Omicron. 

23 minutes ago, membengal said:

Exactly.  What was/is running through my head is "this is the kind of game we always lost".

No more.  Breaking that curse was bigger than The Curse of Bo Jackson.

No more Andy Choketon.  No more Clueless Marv and whiz poor clock management.

No more Burfict/Pacman melt downs giving away games at the end.

A New Dey is Dawning and that's for sure.

:icon15:

45 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I think it starts and ends with Burrow. His confidence and coolness appears more infectious than Omicron. 

How can you not give Taylor and staff any credit here?

They've been one of the least penalized teams all year and they’ve executed best as a team when they absolutely had to in the crunch.
That’s all coaching, is it not? 

12 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They've been one of the least penalized teams all year and they’ve executed best as a team when they absolutely had to in the crunch.

Great points....the good results we see on the field are a direct result of coaching and that all stems from Zac Taylor.

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

Taylor deserves credit, but he is right...it starts and ends with Burrow.  Without him they are picking in the top 10 again.  Coaches can't win with crappy players, particularly a crappy QB. 

• membengal changed the title to Bengals at Chiefs (AFC Championship Week Notes/Thoughts/News Thread)
13 hours ago, spicoli said:

For some reason, a lot of people on here takes giving credit to anybody other than Burrow as a slight on Burrow. Burrow has been good in the playoffs so far, but not great. The defense has gotten us where we are. That clutch play to Chase was obviously great and I was almost certain when we got the ball, that was going to happen. But the defense got us the ball. And Mac? Wow, just wow! And where would we be without Chase?

As far as Zac, the game last night shows how genius he was in the KC win keeping Mahomes off the field. Hopefully he can do more of the same this week.

Burrow has been a big part of the success, but it has been a total team effort. Look at some of the great statistical QBs. Peyton Manning, Elway, Marino. Manning and Elway put up huge numbers for years before they finally won a Super Bowl. Their teams finally filled in the missing gaps to go all the way. And Marino never got there.

If we win a Super Bowl this year or whenever, it's going to take more than Burrow. That's just common sense.

Archived