Bengals at Chiefs (AFC Championship Week Notes/Thoughts/News Thread)

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Got it. Not too different from the Levy Rule. 

Like I said, Sam ran his end-around of this brilliantly. I will always remember--laughing--watching Norman race the offense to the line..pointing frantically and the offense getting to the ball like hair on fire. Bills were frantically sending and bringing out situational players. They would get on...and virtually immediately, a different set of Bengal players would race out and others would run off. It was like some crazy dance. Play would get off and almost always the Bills defense would be out of position due to the Bengal substitution. I recall Levy was screaming at the ref on one series because he wanted to send out second substitutions but they told him no. 

Seems like, anymore, what is called a "no-huddle" or "hurry up" offense, isn't really all that fast. A lot of check-outs in plays at the line, etc. What the Bengals ran back then, was truly fast-break.    

only thing i can think of to add is i believe once the quarterback steps into the huddle no more subs are allowed . thats why you always see them stand back while players are running in and out.  either that or if another runs out its 12 men on offense penalty>?

THE BANKS TO HOST BENGALS PEP RALLY TODAY!
http://images.e.bengals.com/EloquaImages/clients/CincinnatiBengalsInc/%7B5e412468-ac0e-450d-ae24-bbbe0ab6f2c9%7D_TigerHeadBlk.png
Bengals fans are invited to The Banks for the official Bengals Pep Rally before the Cincinnati Bengals' AFC Championship game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

WHAT: Bengals fans are invited to The Banks for the official Bengals Pep Rally before the AFC Championship game in Kansas City on Sunday. Beer and soda sales from the event will benefit Special Olympics and their Polar Plunge event, which will be held on Saturday, Jan. 29 at The Banks. 

WHO: Who Dey the mascot and members of the BenGals (5 p.m.) along with Mayor Aftab Pureval, Bengals Legends Ickey Woods and David Fulcher (6 p.m.) are scheduled to make appearances. The band, Audio Graffiti, will perform as well.

WHERE: The Banks, Freedom Way from Joe Nuxhall Way to Rosa Parks Way

WHEN: Friday, Jan. 28, 4-7 p.m.

40 minutes ago, saphead said:

I really believe Joe B is going to take the disrespect this week so personally that it will fuel a fire inside of him so hot that it will be Michael Jordan-esque.  

Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.jp

I anxiously await the narrative pivot, and the tears of the media.

Archived