Bengals at Chiefs (AFC Championship Week Notes/Thoughts/News Thread)

On 1/24/2022 at 4:41 AM, Hooky said:

For some reason, a lot of people on here takes giving credit to anybody other than Burrow as a slight on Burrow. Burrow has been good in the playoffs so far, but not great. The defense has gotten us where we are. That clutch play to Chase was obviously great and I was almost certain when we got the ball, that was going to happen. But the defense got us the ball. And Mac? Wow, just wow! And where would we be without Chase?

As far as Zac, the game last night shows how genius he was in the KC win keeping Mahomes off the field. Hopefully he can do more of the same this week.

Burrow has been a big part of the success, but it has been a total team effort. Look at some of the great statistical QBs. Peyton Manning, Elway, Marino. Manning and Elway put up huge numbers for years before they finally won a Super Bowl. Their teams finally filled in the missing gaps to go all the way. And Marino never got there.

If we win a Super Bowl this year or whenever, it's going to take more than Burrow. That's just common sense.

the cheifs won time of possession, so im not sure we kept mahomes off the field so well, and thats INCLUDING the penalties they has gifting us extra minutes.

and i dont think its that people take it as a slight on burrow, i just think the only thing you value from a QB is big plays. burrow was incredible against the titans. he was sacked 9 times, hit 15 times, completed 75% of his passes for 350 yards and even the INT was a cash money throw. which was a drop.

so im not sure what a better game would have been against that front four and what that front four allowed to drop 6-7 into coverage and still got 75% passes complete and 348 yards.

i get the 0TD 1 INT isnt sexy or fun to watch, but dude did magic with the situation he was given. IMO

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Kay Adams picked us again.

wait a minute...

Peter and Cris didnt watch the game. its the only explanation.

Peter said those were drops, is it a drop when a defender punches the ball out? both plays the defneder made a play. thats an offensive mistake? wtf is this dude talking about.

Cris, said our secondary is weak on the outside, Eli has played pretty well, and Awuzie is a top CB in the league this year. wtf....THEN... the BLITZ theyll put together will get to burrow, doesnt burrow hav the best rating as a QB against the blitz?

am i taking fucking crazy pills?

we may lose very well, we should we are a 4 seed going to a 2 seed, bad line, injured defenders, young QB young Coach, everything...  but how does anything they said make sense?

4 hours ago, OU_Stripes said:

Kay has felt the energy up close. She knows.

I want to feel Kays energy.

4 hours ago, GoBengals said:

wait a minute...

Peter said those were drops, is it a drop when a defender punches the ball out? both plays the defneder made a play. thats an offensive mistake? wtf is this dude talking about.

Cris, said our secondary is weak on the outside, Eli has played pretty well, and Awuzie is a top CB in the league this year. wtf....THEN... the BLITZ theyll put together will get to burrow, doesnt burrow hav the best rating as a QB against the blitz?

we may lose very well, we should we are a 4 seed going to a 2 seed, bad line, injured defenders, young QB young Coach, everything...  but how does anything they said make sense?

was thinking the same thing as I watched that video - no credit to our guys at all.......

We'll see tomorrow - they'll all see tomorrow

homers.........

5 hours ago, GoBengals said:

wait a minute...

Yeah both of them were just wrong.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Yeah both of them were just wrong.

Peter especially pointing out the Chiefs mistakes and “drops” is just cherry picking. Of course if a couple of plays go the other ways the outcome could have been different. A penalty isnt called on 4th down at the 1 and Bengals get no points lots of people probably call for Zac to be fired. 

Peter should rewatch and realize the Bengals had two interceptions that were dropped. If even one of those is caught, perhaps the Bengals win by 10-14 points.  

No “expert” should say one team made those kind of mistakes and lost the game. A choice to punt lost the game?  Not in that game it didn’t.  What if the Bengals went 3 and out after the punt?  

regardless, the Bengals have been given small or no chances all year. Joe takes it personally and plays better because of it. Has his whole life. 

I’m taking Bengals tomorrow, and I think it will be a 10 point win minimum. 

Archived