Bengals at Chiefs (AFC Championship Week Notes/Thoughts/News Thread)

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

the funny thing is that Cleveburg’s drought is the longest but they get “credit” for not having a team for a few years.  Hilarious 

Says they “didn’t exist 1996-98”. Actually, they ceased to exist altogether. The facsimile has a much shorter drought. 

OKA Cleveland Football Team (CFT)

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

They existed.  Only they were in Baltimore.

I remember the presser in Baltimore where the Governor held up a beer stein with “Baltimore Browns” on it. He even welcomed them as the “Baltimore Browns”. 

The only reason for the “history” retention the facsimile were given, was through litigation. 

Amish does a brilliant summary of the facsimile “history” post 1998. Hope he reposts it. 

Man, the Good Morning Football guys said we Bengals fans would probably see a lot of disrespect this week, but get this - the main Canadian sports channel (TSN) has a "MMQB" short discussion show which features good 'ol Jesse Palmer.  Anyway, the title of the clip/segment this week is "MMQB: Reflecting on one of the best weekends in NFL playoff history".  Guess how much time they spent on Bengals-Titans?  Yeah, that's right, exactly ZERO lol.  They seriously acted like there were only 3 games and "stories" to care about - Mahomes v Allen and the future of that rivalry, "what will Brady do?", and "What will Rodgers do"?

As Bengals fans though we're used to this and of course I think such things help motivate the team, so, cool!  I just can't wait until the discussion next week will be:

- "Mahomes vs Allen will be great next year, can't wait for it!  Let's go live to Mahomes in KC as he prepares for his offseason..."

- "Man those Rams sure do look great, they belong in the Super Bowl they're built for it!  I sure hope they like Dr. Dre at half time!"

- "Anything else?  No?  Alright, let's go to the PRO BOWL where Lamar Jackson is back to wow us all with some RUNS!  Man, he's the future of the NFL I tells ya..."

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I remember the presser in Baltimore where the Governor held up a beer stein with “Baltimore Browns” on it. He even welcomed them as the “Baltimore Browns”. 

The only reason for the “history” retention the facsimile were given, was through litigation. 

Amish does a brilliant summary of the facsimile “history” post 1998. Hope he reposts it. 

I hope he does as well..

16 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Man, the Good Morning Football guys said we Bengals fans would probably see a lot of disrespect this week, but get this - the main Canadian sports channel (TSN) has a "MMQB" short discussion show which features good 'ol Jesse Palmer.  Anyway, the title of the clip/segment this week is "MMQB: Reflecting on one of the best weekends in NFL playoff history".  Guess how much time they spent on Bengals-Titans?  Yeah, that's right, exactly ZERO lol.  They seriously acted like there were only 3 games and "stories" to care about - Mahomes v Allen and the future of that rivalry, "what will Brady do?", and "What will Rodgers do"?

As Bengals fans though we're used to this and of course I think such things help motivate the team, so, cool!  I just can't wait until the discussion next week will be:

- "Mahomes vs Allen will be great next year, can't wait for it!  Let's go live to Mahomes in KC as he prepares for his offseason..."

- "Man those Rams sure do look great, they belong in the Super Bowl they're built for it!  I sure hope they like Dr. Dre at half time!"

- "Anything else?  No?  Alright, let's go to the PRO BOWL where Lamar Jackson is back to wow us all with some RUNS!  Man, he's the future of the NFL I tells ya..."

Fun reading..lol

The press will drool over a player so much he feels accumulatedly smothered in it.

Im good with the Ole underdog bullshit they want to  portray..

Archived