Getting everyone on their feet...

Guest bengalrick

I'm not running from my post, or editing it.

If you don't know how the "real world" operates - in that food stamps and welfare coupons are sold for 50% of their retail value - then you are uninformed, or choosing to live in a fantasy world.

Non-welfare recievers, that have large families and legitimate need, buy the food stamps for cash on the street. Now, I can buy $300 dollars worth of groceries to feed a family of 7 for week and a half for $100-150, depending on my negotiating skills.

The seller of the stamps gets what they want (cash - more versatile, can be used for anything, including "sin" tax items, like alcohol and tabacco, and drugs). The buyer gets in on the welfare system, basically getting assistance to buy food at a discounted price.

My whole problem with the 2k cards was that it is going to be easy to turn them into cash. I'm in the financial services biz, at a retail location, downtown. I see this stuff all the time.

Many states have turned to magnetic cards to help combat the welfare fraud that I described above. It's helping, when used effectively by the POS (point of service) operators.

Now, maybe I could have saved my own commentary about the situation down there, but I still feel like most of those people still left in the city that didn't heed the warnings to leave, and now are acting like damn fools, shooting at the rescue operators, are really making for a telling picture of the state of affairs of the human condition in the lower socioeconomic areas of NOLA.

I'm waiting.

BTW - if you'd ever read my position on the drug threads in the general section, you'd know I'd never sell crack, marijuana, or anything else. Let alone condone the use of any of it. That just helps accelerate the conditions we're witnessing.

rick, once a person has gone through the course of unemployment payments (x number of weeks), they are no longer part of the unemployment statistics (someone correct me if I'm wrong). You would be amazed at the number of factory workers that have been trying to find jobs for so long they dropped off the unemployment chart years ago.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalSIS' date='Sep 9 2005, 04:59 PM']rick, once a person has gone through the course of unemployment payments (x number of weeks), they are no longer part of the unemployment statistics (someone correct me if I'm wrong).  You would be amazed at the number of factory workers that have been trying to find jobs for so long they dropped off the unemployment chart years ago.
[right][post="145195"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

yeah, stanley had a pretty good explaination of that earlier in this thread... i should have replyed ot that, but i got caught up in the other stuff...

it is still a good measure, when comparing it to previous UE numbers though imo, b/c they had the same conditions... but your right, that doesn't mean that 95.4% have jobs and only 4.9% don't...

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Ok, I don't know why I'm doing this because it pretty obivious that your a jack ass but any way..

[quote]These cards are a horrilble idea.

I'd be okay with vouchers for sundries that are appropriate for these peoples needs for survival, and relocation.

[b]But a debit card is 99% as good as cash these days, and, if you are an enterprising young man - I'll call a spade a spade here - a husltin' n**** - then you can turn your $2000 debit card into $800 to $1200 in cash. This is the same shit that plagued the welfare system for the longest time.

I'd love to own a hood liquor store near the Astrodome right now. Or, have the infrastructure to sell major crack and marijuana in Houston.

These people have been accepting and expecting handouts as a condition of their culture. This storm hasn't changed any of that.

Really, all that Katrina has done is ripped off the scab that was New Orleans and let the world see the festering, rotten, dieseased human waste that has been developing unto itself for the last 30 years.

There's a lot of excuses for a lot of people out there. Fine. But the fact is, if 1 person listened to the weatherman and and heeded the warnings, and and evacuated, then it's we can say there was ample warning. And that did happen.

Behavior speaks louder than words, and the evacuees, or refugees, or what ever you want to call the displaced former residents of NOLA are showing the world how much the appreciate the assistance everyday. Shooting at aid workers, rapes and murders in the mass shelter, and refusal of meals because they aren't "hot enough".

Ungrateful bastards. I half wish they'd been washed out to sea.[/b]
I have more to say, but at the risk of offending some, I'll stop now, while I'm ahead.

Keith[/quote]

So lets start with the first paragraph shall we...[i]I'll call a spade a spade here - a husltin' n**** - then you can turn your $2000 debit card into $800 to $1200 in cash. This is the same shit that plagued the welfare system for the longest time[/i]

The fact that you are bringing in the welfare system and comparing it to giving $2,000 to the victims of THE WORST NATURAL DIASTER IN AMERICAN HISTORY is very troubling, imo. Are you jealous that they getting what you seem to consider free money? Would you trade all of your worldly material possessions, your sanity, maybe the lives of family members for a $2,000 debit card? Are u fucking serious, then the whole hustlin' nigga pharse just took it over the top, these people are trying to recover from a tramatic experience, something that you have never experienced and you have the nerve and gaul to insult them. Were the fuck do you get off with that attitude, what you have you accomplished in your life that makes you so much better than them.

[i]I'd love to own a hood liquor store near the Astrodome right now. Or, have the infrastructure to sell major crack and marijuana in Houston.[/i]

See if this conversation was face to face, it would have been over right there. What the fuck are you talking about? So all the people who have placed in the Astrodome are drug users who are looking for a fix, how can even defend what you said. Do us all a favor and admit that you are wrong, honestly this some racist bullshit..

[i]These people have been accepting and expecting handouts as a condition of their culture. This storm hasn't changed any of that.

Really, all that Katrina has done is ripped off the scab that was New Orleans and let the world see the festering, rotten, dieseased human waste that has been developing unto itself for the last 30 years[/i]

Your on roll now Skippy, who are these people you speak of? Who are the festering, rotten, dieseased human waste you speak of? What did they do to you to make you judge them so harsely? Were did you get the 30 year time period from, your really showing everyone how smart you are Skippy.

[i]Behavior speaks louder than words, and the evacuees, or refugees, or what ever you want to call the displaced former residents of NOLA are showing the world how much the appreciate the assistance everyday. Shooting at aid workers, rapes and murders in the mass shelter, and refusal of meals because they aren't "hot enough".

Ungrateful bastards. I half wish they'd been washed out to sea[/i].

Your full of hate right here, for what reason I don't know. But your remarks make me want me want to hurt you. The American citizens who wish were washed out to sea for whatever have done nothing to you but maybe interupt your favorite TV show with their suffering, how has your pityful existance been inconveinced because of them? You are truly a piece of shit if you feel this way and the fact that you listen to hip-hop music and played basketball with some black guys don't mean that you have extremely flawed and racist points of view.

The funniest part of your post is the last part were you say something about not going on any further because you didn't want to piss anyone of. That shows that you don't have a clue.

Smoov,

I want to point out that both the liberal (BlackJesus, Homer Rice) and conservative
(oldschooler, BengalRick) were also offended by his remarks and called him out on it.
It apparently hurt his feelings, and he kinda sorta backtracked from his comments.
Anyway, wanting to hurt him will do no good. As dumb as he seems to you, theres millions more even dumber. Kill him with kindness and attempt to educate him instead.
:)

Are you fucking kidding me?? These people need help not excuses, or more bureaucracy that caused this problem in the first place.. and now this shit....

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9273033/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9273033/[/url]

[quote]FEMA to stop giving out debit cards
[b]Hurricane victims will have to apply for aid through traditional methods[/b]

Updated: 6:43 p.m. ET Sept. 9, 2005
WASHINGTON - The nation's relief agency said Friday it will discontinue its program to distribute debit cards worth up to $2,000 to hurricane victims, two days after hastily announcing the novel plan to provide quick relief.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency said it will scrap the program once officials finish distributing cards this weekend at shelters in Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, where many of the evacuees were moved. No cards will be issued to victims in other states.

Hurricane victims at other locations will have to apply for expedited aid through the agency's traditional route — filling out information on FEMA's Web site to receive direct bank deposits, FEMA spokeswoman Natalie Rule said.

"We tried it as an innovative way to get aid to evacuee populations in Texas. We decided it would be more expeditious with direct deposits," she said, citing the large staffing operation that would be required to replicate the Texas operation in other states.

FEMA's decision capped two days of confusion in which evacuees expressed frustration with the program, which was announced by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff in a conference call Wednesday with governors of states with evacuees.

Program riddled with confusion
The program was initially introduced this week at the Astrodome in Houston, but it was immediately beset with confusion and questions as to who would be eligible.

Some governors and lawmakers raised concerns about the risk of abuse by people falsely claiming to be hurt by the disaster without the full documentation.

"The question is, how do you separate the needy from those who just want a $2,000 handout," said Alaska Gov. Frank Murkowski, a Republican.

On Thursday, confusion arose at the Astrodome following reports that the first FEMA cards would be distributed that day. Red Cross cards were distributed, but those seeking the government cards were told they would have to return Friday and provide documentation such as a Social Security number and the address of the damaged property.

500 evacuees per hour receiving debit cards
On Friday, Ed Conley, a FEMA spokesman in Houston, said evacuees were receiving the cards at a rate of about 500 an hour, many of whom had filled out the proper documentation and applications through FEMA's Web site.

Applicants were being asked to provide Social Security numbers as well as the address of their damaged homes, for verification against aerial photographs of devastated areas.

A FEMA spokeswoman had said Friday there were enough cards to cover the families of the estimated 7,000 people registered at three shelters in the Astrodome complex.[/quote]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]FEMA to stop giving out debit cards
Hurricane victims will have to apply for aid through traditional methods[/quote]

[i][b]I am sure that all those Brown people with 2,000 $ (enough to buy a shotgun from WalMart and a thousand rounds) scared the hell out of the incompetent Government who deservedly should be revolted against [/b][/i]

[quote]but those seeking the government cards were told they would have to return Friday and provide documentation such as a Social Security number and the address of the damaged property.[/quote]

Where are they gonna get that proof, from their water drenched homes?

A Cat 5 hurricane hit, but Im sure my social security card and proof of idenity survived. :thumbsup:

Man people can be increadably stupid sometimes.

Coupla quick points:

1) sneaky: I'm not a liberal in the classical sense of the term, I'm actually a moderate conservative, or perhaps you might say, a [b]genuinely[/b] compassionate conservative. :D

Although, I guess you could make a case for me being "liberal" in the sense that I don't hate FDR's legacy and think that the post-WWII conservative movement is mostly an attempt to destroy the legacy created during the last period of major crises in this country.

Or, you can call me a Whig, if you are familiar with ante-bellum America. That's actually pretty close, the more I think about it.

2) Rick, let me be clear about something. I didn't call you a racist, I called Kool Keith a racist. I didn't make you join his club...apparently you have done that on your own.

You're a decent fellow, so I do hope that you haven't completely sold your soul so cheaply, for a few material crumbs and a fantasy world created by a bunch of modern day wannabe clones of Mephistopheles.

It's not too late; come over to the bright side! :D

[quote name='Kool Keith' date='Sep 8 2005, 03:59 AM']These cards are a horrilble idea. 

I'd be okay with vouchers for sundries that are appropriate for these peoples needs for survival, and relocation.

But a debit card is 99% as good as cash these days, and, if you are an enterprising young man - I'll call a spade a spade here - a husltin' n**** - then you can turn your $2000 debit card into $800 to $1200 in cash.  This is the same shit that plagued the welfare system for the longest time.

I'd love to own a hood liquor store near the Astrodome right now.  Or, have the infrastructure to sell major crack and marijuana in Houston.

These people have been accepting and expecting handouts as a condition of their culture.  This storm hasn't changed any of that.

Really, all that Katrina has done is ripped off the scab that was New Orleans and let the world see the festering, rotten, dieseased human waste that has been developing unto itself for the last 30 years.

There's a lot of excuses for a lot of people out there.  Fine.  But the fact is, if 1 person listened to the weatherman and and heeded the warnings, and and evacuated, then it's we can say there was ample warning.  And that did happen.

Behavior speaks louder than words, and the evacuees, or refugees, or what ever you want to call the displaced former residents of NOLA are showing the world how much the appreciate the assistance everyday.  Shooting at aid workers, rapes and murders in the mass shelter, and refusal of meals because they aren't "hot enough".

Ungrateful bastards.  I half wish they'd been washed out to sea.

I have more to say, but at the risk of offending some, I'll stop now, while I'm ahead.

Keith
[right][post="144246"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Go on ahead Keith, you aren't affending me. As a black person, I am actually doing something to beter myself, going to college, and that is a hell of a lot more than what some of my counterparts in NOLA are doing

I am proud to never have been on welfare in my life, and that my parents believe in hard work and pulling yourself up by the bootstraps.

You have shown the difference between black people and n*****.

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' date='Sep 9 2005, 10:33 PM']Go on ahead Keith, you aren't affending me.  As a black person, I am actually doing something to beter myself, going to college, and that is a hell of a lot more than what some of my counterparts in NOLA are doing

I am proud to never have been on welfare in my life, and that my parents believe in hard work and pulling yourself up by the bootstraps.

You have shown the difference between black people and n*****.
[right][post="145374"][/post][/right][/quote]

:angry: For a college student, you sound pretty asinine.
Please think before you post.

[quote name='sneaky' date='Sep 9 2005, 11:40 PM'] :angry:   For a college student, you sound pretty asinine.
Please think before you post.
[right][post="145379"][/post][/right][/quote]

sneaky, Usually when i read a comment like the previous ones, I jsut feel that I have to make my thoughts known. I apologize for the way it sounded, but sometimes you have to speak up. I really didn't mean for it to come out that way and the way that i read keith's post it seemed to be insulting all deeply tanned people. (I don't think in black or white, just that some are more tanned than others)

And as Keith may have accidentally left out, the people in New Orleans happen to not be a bunch of scum that just sit around and collect wlefare checks. Most of these people probably have very low-paying jobs, and still have to rely on welfare to make up the difference. And the ones that don't even attempt to find a job are looking at economics. The way the welfare system is set up, it's more economically sound for these people to let the government care for them instead of going out to secure themselves.

To really force people to accept the mindset that they have to depend upon themselves, you have to make it so that no matter how yuo slice it, going to work is better economically than going on welfare and giving up the ability to provide for yourself.

People collect welfare because it is better for them economically, not because they wanted to.
Keith, I believe that eevryone want to provide for their own, but economics does come into play.

[quote name='#22' date='Sep 10 2005, 01:57 AM']Why do we still let Kool Keith post?

I stopped reading after this....
How [b]stupid[/b] can you get?
[right][post="145450"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hmmmmm???

I dunno? Want to explain it to me? I think I've gone ahead and put my credentials on this out there already in this thread. I know more about the debit/credit card industry and use than 98% of the people on this board, if I were to hazard a guess.

But, what does that have to do with DC's being almost as good as cash? Not much, until I explained my position. It's quite easy to turn the funds on a debit card into cash, in many ways. I've already explained one.

And you did keep reading. Why shouldn't I continue to be allowed to continue posting? Because my opinions piss you off? I'll make it a point to keep off the Jesus and Dubya boards, AFTER I feel I'm done with this topic, and the thread is over. But this story is still fresh. However, my posting abilities go much farther in the Bengals Football forum, farther than some of our resident post whores that talk a lot and say very little.

Has anyone cared to note that the those $2000 cards that are still being handed out, until the supply is perished, were not FOR ALL families displaced by the hurricane, as faslely reported earlier in this thread??? I do believe that was one piece of info used to beat me over the head with....

They are ONLY availible for NO residents that are currently being housed in shelters in Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas.

That basically means the people that were able to evacuate themselves, had better be able to take themselves for the forseeable future. How's that for you?

I simply cannot understand the reason a debit card would be a good idea when most of these people no longer have bank accounts.
It just seems like you are going to have a lot of people in worse shape for these cards.

and most of those folks in the refuge shelters aren't as familiar with this system and how to use it to your advantage as you are, so it is an empty gesture

These people [b]do[/b] need help, I don't think there is any question about that, and for someone to say that the hurricane was good in that it destroyed a lot of these people is treasonous and anti-american.

[quote name='Kool Keith' date='Sep 10 2005, 03:08 AM']That basically means the people that were able to evacuate themselves, had better be able to take themselves for the forseeable future.  How's that for you?
[right][post="145464"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
The story I am getting is that most of the people who could not evacuate were not physically or financially able to do so, so this "money" could be going to the right people.

Everyone involved [i]should[/i] get money. It is the Government's job to maintain the physical and financial security of their hard-working citizens, so everyone should get money.

Unfortunately, most of the money that would normally be set aside for people who really need it is being dropped on Iraq/

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Sep 9 2005, 06:11 PM']Ok, I don't know why I'm doing this because it pretty obivious that your a jack ass but any way..
So lets start with the first paragraph shall we...[i]I'll call a spade a spade here - a husltin' n**** - then you can turn your $2000 debit card into $800 to $1200 in cash. This is the same shit that plagued the welfare system for the longest time[/i]

The fact that you are bringing in the welfare system and comparing it to giving $2,000 to the victims of THE WORST NATURAL DIASTER IN AMERICAN HISTORY is very troubling, imo.  Are you jealous that they getting what you seem to consider free money?  Would you trade all of your worldly material possessions, your sanity, maybe the lives of family members for a $2,000 debit card?  Are u fucking serious, then the whole hustlin' nigga pharse just took it over the top, these people are trying to recover from a tramatic experience, something that you have never experienced and you have the nerve and gaul to insult them.  Were the fuck do you get off with that attitude, what you have you accomplished in your life that makes you so much better than them. 
[color="red"]No, I never said that the people who were victims of the hurricane didn't deserve assistance.  I did say that DEBIT CARDS were a horrible manner in which to do it.  Goods and services, vouchers, donations, and the private sector are all wonderful alternatives to a misguided, hasty decesion for $2000 debit cards.  As for that last sentence, well...[/color]  :bowdown:
[i]I'd love to own a hood liquor store near the Astrodome right now. Or, have the infrastructure to sell major crack and marijuana in Houston.[/i]

See if this conversation was face to face, it would have been over right there.  What the fuck are you talking about?  So all the people who have placed in the Astrodome are drug users who are looking for a fix, how can even defend what you said.  Do us all a favor and admit that you are wrong, honestly this some racist bullshit..

[color="red"]Have you ever played "Leap to Conclusions"?  I never said every person in the Astrodome was a drug user.  I said that I'd like to own a liqour store, or the ability to sell drugs in that area.  I later provided a previous reference to my true feelings on ALL illicit drugs, covered in a previous thread months ago.  I'd never condone using drugs, let alone selling them.  However, that doesn't change the fact there is money to made in that area from these debit cards.  If you don't believe that, you are a damn fool, or damn steelers suck ass to "real world economics".[/color]
[i]These people have been accepting and expecting handouts as a condition of their culture. This storm hasn't changed any of that.

Really, all that Katrina has done is ripped off the scab that was New Orleans and let the world see the festering, rotten, dieseased human waste that has been developing unto itself for the last 30 years[/i]

Your on roll now Skippy, who are these people you speak of?  Who are the festering, rotten, dieseased human waste you speak of?  What did they do to you to make you judge them so harsely?  Were did you get the 30 year time period from, your really showing everyone how smart you are Skippy.
[color="red"]I'll admit to talking out of my ass on the EXACT NUMBER, but that is all.  Who are these people?  They have no label - why do you wany me to place a label on them?  Do you want me to say they are black?  White?  Hispanic?  Nope.  They are the lower socioeconomic groups, living inside the city, always making it on the top 5 murder rates in the US, top 10 violent crime rate averages, and LIVING on assistance.  Sure, there are exceptions, but exceptions make the rule.  This is status quo, and has become that way because of the leadership of the City of NO, and their elected government.  I took the 30 number out of heresay - I apologize, and deserve to be raked over the coals for that one.  I've held back alot of 2nd and 3rd hand accounts of what's going on down there, including reports of what's really going on in the domes, because I HATE to not be able to cite my sources when needed.[/color]
[i]Behavior speaks louder than words, and the evacuees, or refugees, or what ever you want to call the displaced former residents of NOLA are showing the world how much the appreciate the assistance everyday. Shooting at aid workers, rapes and murders in the mass shelter, and refusal of meals because they aren't "hot enough".

Ungrateful bastards. I half wish they'd been washed out to sea[/i].

Your full of hate right here, for what reason I don't know.  But your remarks make me want me want to hurt you.  The American citizens who wish were washed out to sea for whatever have done nothing to you but maybe interupt your favorite TV show with their suffering, how has your pityful existance been inconveinced because of them?  You are truly a piece of shit if you feel this way and the fact that you listen to hip-hop music and played basketball with some black guys don't mean that you have extremely flawed and racist points of view.
[color="red"]You are truly mistaken in your evalation of me.  That last sentence, you see how it starts "I half wish..."  Yep, only half.  But do you see why?  I only have a half of bit of contempt for the "baddies" causing all the trouble down there, and I listed my reasons why.  The rest, well, doesn't require a response.  I've taken care of this post.  There's plenty more from me in this thread, if you want to try to make me into a r_ _ _ _ _. [/color]
The funniest part of your post is the last part were you say something about not going on any further because you didn't want to piss anyone of.  That shows that you don't have a clue. 

[right][post="145211"][/post][/right][/quote]

Nope. It shows I was saving a little bit. Just for you.

[quote name='#22' date='Sep 10 2005, 03:38 AM']I simply cannot understand the reason a debit card would be a good idea when most of these people no longer have bank accounts.
It just seems like you are going to have a lot of people in worse shape for these cards.

and most of those folks in the refuge shelters aren't as familiar with this system and how to use it to your advantage as you are, so it is an empty gesture
These people [b]do[/b] need help, I don't think there is any question about that, and for someone to say that the hurricane was good in that it destroyed a lot of these people is treasonous and anti-american.
[right][post="145468"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

These debit cards are simply blank named cards with a Visa or Mastercard logo on them. That will allow the bearer to use them at any location that accepts Visa or Mastercard for any purchase that you would normally use a credit card or cash for. The only thing with these cards is, since they are not named (embossed) they can be bought and sold and used by anyone. The POS operator cannot ask for ID, since most of these people don't have it anyway.

I've said it before - I am all for these people to get hurricane relief. Schools, housing, food supplies, clothing. Just not these instruments.

That's all.

Some people just can't make that connection. Let me make it more clear.

I, me, racist Kool Keith, have already made a $15 cash donation, and 4 garbage bags full of GOOD clothing. Mrs. Kool Keith donated 2 bags of clothing, as she likes to hang on to stuff.

(WHOA, I just realized, there's 2 K's in my username. That's gotta mean something, right?)

Fifteen bucks! Wow. Give till it hurts.

Your original post had less to do with the means by which relief is being offered to displaced folks and more to do with your attitude towards a class of people in general.

Debit cards don't debase people; people debase people. Does that have a familiar ring to you?

[quote name='Kool Keith' date='Sep 10 2005, 03:10 AM']These debit cards are simply blank named cards with a Visa or Mastercard logo on them.  That will allow the bearer to use them at any location that accepts Visa or Mastercard for any purchase that you would normally use a credit card or cash for.  The only thing with these cards is, since they are not named (embossed) they can be bought and sold and used by anyone.  The POS operator cannot ask for ID, since most of these people don't have it anyway. 

I've said it before - I am all for these people to get hurricane relief.  Schools, housing, food supplies, clothing.  Just not these instruments.

That's all.

Some people just can't make that connection.  Let me make it more clear. 

I, me, racist Kool Keith, have already made a $15 cash donation, and 4 garbage bags full of GOOD clothing.  Mrs. Kool Keith donated 2 bags of clothing, as she likes to hang on to stuff.   

(WHOA, I just realized, there's 2 K's in my username.  That's gotta mean something, right?)
[right][post="145472"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[color="blue"][i]'These debit cards are simply blank named cards with a Visa or Mastercard logo on them. That will allow the bearer to use them at any location that accepts Visa or Mastercard for any purchase that you would normally use a credit card or cash for. The only thing with these cards is, since they are not named (embossed) they can be bought and sold and used by anyone. The POS operator cannot ask for ID, since most of these people don't have it anyway."
[/i][/color]

Keith, you and no one else here have any idea what those debit cards will look like or what type of anti-theft / security features in place. All of this is speculation. Its a moot point now anyways.

[color="blue"]
[i]"I, me, racist Kool Keith, have already made a $15 cash donation, and 4 garbage bags full of GOOD clothing. Mrs. Kool Keith donated 2 bags of clothing, as she likes to hang on to stuff." [/i][/color]

That was awfully generous of you Keith. For a self proclaimed "racist", you seem like a big warm hearted softie. ( I swear, I'm not being sarcastic [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angel.gif[/img] )

[i][color="blue"]"(WHOA, I just realized, there's 2 K's in my username. That's gotta mean something, right?)"[/color][/i]

Keith, lets just say.... your first post didn't go ever so well. It offended virtually everybody, I believe you are trying to say ( in your own way) that you are not a racist and the words in your post came out wrong.....right? Keith if you just show a little humility and stop being so defensive. Your words will sound so much sincere and we all can stop the stone throwing.

"Almost everyone I've talked to says, 'We're going to move to Houston.' What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them. "
-Babs Bush

compassionate conservatives, unite!

I knew it all along.
George Carlin called her a "silver doushe bag" last night, for making those comments.
For all those people out there who are bigots and racists,.....I do not wish harm or
violence to you. I want something more sinister.
I can only hope and pray that one day in your life time you'll witness your son or daughter or grandchildren marry and have children with the same kind of people you hate. :)

Archived