Remainder of Divisional Round Games Thread

9 hours ago, saphead said:

What did I fucking tell you people. Neither one of these teams will be mentally or physically prepared to face the Bengal tigers in 6 1/2 short days. WE got this. 

This is setting up perfectly for our Bengals. This is happening. Our hopes & dreams are playing out a full year early and it's glorious. 

I foresee an emotional letdown for the KC next week. 

8 hours ago, saphead said:

The Bengals will be flying so far under the radar this week they could invade Russia. 

Your attitude is fantastic.

Your optimism downright scary.

:gobengals::icon15::gobengals:

10 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Crazy Thought - Zac "Morris" was ahead of his time with that 4th quarter strategy against the Chiefs.

He realized - if Mahomes has the ball last we're going to lose or go into OT.  

People criticized him at the time with how "dumb" it was but 100% the correct call. 

Pffft.  The Bengals defense is better than the trash we saw on the field last night.  Taylor rolled the dice on his strategy instead of his players.  If the refs miss or refuse to call the head contact on 4th and 1 Taylor is a total goat.  Guarantee the Bengals don't get a call like that in the playoffs.

When Patrick Mahomes hit Travis Kelce for a 25-yard gain with three seconds remaining in the fourth quarter to set up the Chiefs’ game-tying field goal on Sunday night, it looked like the kind of well-executed offensive play that comes from years of practice. Instead, it was something Mahomes and Kelce decided on the fly.

Just before that play, the Chiefs called a timeout and then the Bills called another timeout, and during that time, Kelce said he told Mahomes that he knew where there would be an opening in the defense and he’d run there, rather than running the specific route for the play that was called. 

“I told him, ‘I’m probably not going to run the route that’s called, I’m just going to run to the open area,'” Kelce said after the game. “And probably midway through his cadence he was screaming at me at the line of scrimmage, ‘Do it! Do it!’ And I was just like, ‘OK, here we go, boys.'”

Mahomes confirmed that they didn’t do it the way the playbook drew it up, and instead adjusted in the moment.

“The play to Travis, he wasn’t necessarily supposed to do that, but after the timeout we got a look at what the defense was doing, and he said it to me, ‘If they do it again, I’m going to take it up the middle between both the guys guarding me,'” Mahomes said. “He went up the field, I gave him the ball, and he got into field goal range.”

Mahomes and Kelce work well enough together that even if they’re drawing up a play in the dirt, the play is probably going to work.

4 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yeah, it's not that much different that Burrow/Chase's story about how they knew the Chiefs would be in cover 2....

Media likes to make a big deal out of this kind of thing. It's just not. Oooh, McPhereson said something before a kick! Like, what did you expect him to say? I drive to the disc golf course telling myself that today's the day I ace hole 1 every time. Still haven't aced hole 1. Should we get excited and talk about how I "called" it the day I do ace that hole?

Two guys drew up a play! OMFG!!! Like when has that happened ever!!! It's almost like they're not robots programmed by Bienemy! Wha-Whaaaa??? Run to the empty spot in the zone?? Slow down there Einstein while the rest of us get on your level!! You mean, run to where there aren't defenders... Yeah, yeah. Oh, and THEN I throw you the ball! 🤯 Wow, did you go to Harvard or something??

image.thumb.jpeg.9d2e432207c5faf962b15a1bb5369a03.jpeg

Archived