Tears of joy?

28 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Ugly cry after asking Onyx for that 1st playoff win, after processing that it happened the next day.

Also teared up at this video

Yes I shed a few tears. Not sure they are tears of joy though, more just emotional outburst. After the initial go crazy jump up and down moment, then to see all of the fans celebrating, and the long suffering we have been through the emotions just take over.

That stadium was awesome to see all of the fans celebrating like crazy after Playoff P`s interception. Same with this video, I can`t watch it even now without getting emotional and a little teary eyed. We have been through a lot with this team and those who have bled Black & Orange through thick and thin for a lot of years are probably going to shed a few tears. 

I gradually get so wound up during these close games that when they win it's just a relief when it's over.  Took me hours and several whiskeys to chill out Saturday. 

I think if the Bengals won this weekend or in the Super Bowl and it was out of hand at the end I may get misty.  Hope to find out.

18 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I gradually get so wound up during these close games that when they win it's just a relief when it's over.  Took me hours and several whiskeys to chill out Saturday. 

I think if the Bengals won this weekend or in the Super Bowl and it was out of hand at the end I may get misty.  Hope to find out.

I wish mine was gradual, I am wound up from the kickoff. I try to remember it`s a long game but doesn`t help much. And same here when it is over it is just a relief to be able to settle down.

Not tears, but after I stopped cheering after Pratt's INT, there was an odd sensation that I felt, like Holy shit!  they actually did it.  And a feeling of bliss and relief. 

No matter happens from here on out, if they are able to win it all with Burrow at some point, it's going to be hard to top that feeling.  Seeing some of those young people celebrating and I think you have no idea what 30 years of misery feels like.   I'm so glad I was there. 

Some are able to take it in stride and wait for next year.  Some can't handle it and stop being fans.  Others create Sewer Brewer awards. 

Yea I teared up both wins, I will be like a baby if we win the next 2. This whole season has been emotional for me. My side kick while watching games {my dog Bubba} passed away last Feb. Week 1 was extra tough.  The last 19 years he was always by my side watching Bengals games.  He is in Heaven cheering on his Bengals.

RIP Bubba

1 hour ago, Kochman said:

Yea I teared up both wins, I will be like a baby if we win the next 2. This whole season has been emotional for me. My side kick while watching games {my dog Bubba} passed away last Feb. Week 1 was extra tough.  The last 19 years he was always by my side watching Bengals games.  He is in Heaven cheering on his Bengals.

RIP Bubba

Our four-footed friends never really leave us, brother. 
RIP Bubba

I was a Bengals fan long before I ever knew what "Script Ohio" or "The Horseshoe" meant.  But it's as if I've repressed that for the last several decades as following the Bengals after September is more depressing than anything else.  And by coincidence Ohio State started becoming an annual national contender in 1993, one year after I started attending tOSU, and a few seasons after the "glory" years of Boomer and Wyche.  But this is me now...

homer bushes.jpg

5 hours ago, Spotto said:

I've told my kids I'll cry for a day of we reach the Superbowl and a week if we win it.

Secretly I got misty after both playoff wins, but not sure if it's happiness or relief.

What will happen when Carlton wins an AFL title, mate? 😀

8 hours ago, tibor75 said:

I was a Bengals fan long before I ever knew what "Script Ohio" or "The Horseshoe" meant.  But it's as if I've repressed that for the last several decades as following the Bengals after September is more depressing than anything else.  And by coincidence Ohio State started becoming an annual national contender in 1993, one year after I started attending tOSU, and a few seasons after the "glory" years of Boomer and Wyche.  But this is me now...

homer bushes.jpg

You know, you can do both.

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

What will happen when Carlton wins an AFL title, mate? 😀

The Blues were very successful in my first 25 years so I've tasted a lot of success, the last 25 years not so much. Actually.... Its been shite.

Archived