TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE!! Super Bowl Tickets - Season Ticket Member Lottery

13 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

The "fees" for tickets in these secondary markets are $1500-2000 per ticket. Yeah, that's the service charge in addition to the posted ticket price. Hotel rooms are also about $1500/night that weekend

10 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

OK, my tickets are bought. Section 514, row 5. That kinda high up but it's at least middle of the field. Getting tx is a racket. When you see tx for say $6K, that's just the beginning. There's also a $1500-2000 surcharge. So these tickets are actually $17K. Hotels are about $1500/night. 

Hope to see some of you there but if not, I'm sure I won't have problems finding fellow Bengal fans to cheer with. 

No way I'd spend this kinda dough myself. It helps to have friends who don't care about money

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

I'm going to be at the Residence Inn in Marina Del Rey, about ten miles from SoFi. I didn't shop places. My buddy did and that's where he wanted to settle

thats about the highest hotel cost i have seen, JUST looking in marriot account there were 20+ around $400-600/nt, including a 2 floor 2 bedroom residence in for $719 a night. 

i decided to stay down in huntington beach in a 2 bedroom hyatt beach resort on the beach, which was a whopping $650 a night, with taxes and fees $3700 for 4 nights. 

either someone is lying or didnt look too hard for a hotel room.

and fees are 19-21% depending where you bought, so a $6k ticket would be $7200 give or take. if its much more than that, someone is lying to you. 

8 hours ago, lslmustang said:

I'm thinking about getting a single ticket via the Bengals experience as they are about the same price as any ticket site. since can't tailgate... 

BUT my niece has a friend who lives 10 mins from SoFi (I'm guessing driving)... but invited to party there...

Tix or just be near???? dilemmas!!!!

there are 5-10 "super bowl tailgate experiences" aka HUGE tailgate parties with celebs and players, shouldnt be too hard to find a good time in the area still! a few music festival style ones too, just be sure the details state itll be actually showing the game, nfl is being real hose bags about it. wont even let PBS show it. hope you find a cool spot.

and quite frankly people tailgating at the stadium parking lot with no intention of going into the game is bullshit, those are parking passes that could be used by people going in. 

Account holders....

Ticket offer emails from the front office are still going out.

A colleague of mine got one yesterday (Wednesday) morning at 10am, apparently he was selected in the second round after some holders passed on tickets offered them on Monday.  He said he has until noon today to pay for them (his were $1800 each plus $100 or so in BS fees) or they will go back into the lotto and go to someone else.

My guess is that the system works like this:

1 - Names were drawn, they got a 10am Monday email and had until Noon Tuesday to buy.

2 - Some said yes, some said no.

3 - The "no" tickets, which arent known until Tuesday afternoon, go back into the lotto.

4 - Names were re-drawn, and those 2nd rounders got a 10am Wednesday email, having until Noon Thursday to buy.

5 - Some will say yes.  Some will say no.

This kinda implies there might be a third (and presumably final) round, which should hit at 10 Friday.  There may also be a "second-and-a-half" round today at 10am today in case there were any early "yes" holders whose buy fell thru for whatever reason.

Bottom line: DONT GIVE UP!  Go check your email and spam from yesterday, watch it today and tomorrow, especially around 10am or thereafter.  Odds are long but, apparently, there are still ticket offers being made.

(Edited thread title for emphasis.)

• AmishBengalFan changed the title to TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE!! Super Bowl Tickets - Season Ticket Member Lottery

I still keep checking my email constantly just in case.... No news yet for me :(

I emailed my salesperson yesterday about something else and got no response...

I had a technical problem trying to get tix to the event at PBS on Monday and by the time it was fixed, it was sold out :( so reaching out to see if she can help.....

14 hours ago, GoBengals said:

thats about the highest hotel cost i have seen, JUST looking in marriot account there were 20+ around $400-600/nt, including a 2 floor 2 bedroom residence in for $719 a night. 

i decided to stay down in huntington beach in a 2 bedroom hyatt beach resort on the beach, which was a whopping $650 a night, with taxes and fees $3700 for 4 nights. 

either someone is lying or didnt look too hard for a hotel room.

and fees are 19-21% depending where you bought, so a $6k ticket would be $7200 give or take. if its much more than that, someone is lying to you. 

I saw the actual receipts. If you don't believe me, see for yourself:

https://www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi

For a 3 night stay you're looking at about $4K/room

Granted my buddy has expensive tastes. Most people with tens of thousands to throw around do.

As for fees, go to Vividseats.com and pick out a $6K seat. The service fee will be about two grand. You can get this total before you give your credit card number. I oughta know, I just did exactly that. 

Nobody's lying to me

Edit:

Now that I look at a map, Huntington Beach is nearly 40 miles away from the stadium. Marina del Rey is a little under ten. Big difference. It's also much shorter to LAX. Location, location, location

8 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I saw the actual receipts. If you don't believe me, see for yourself:

https://www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi

For a 3 night stay you're looking at about $4K/room

Granted my buddy has expensive tastes. Most people with tens of thousands to throw around do.

As for fees, go to Vividseats.com and pick out a $6K seat. The service fee will be about two grand. You can get this total before you give your credit card number. I oughta know, I just did exactly that. 

Nobody's lying to me

Edit:

Now that I look at a map, Huntington Beach is nearly 40 miles away from the stadium. Marina del Rey is a little under ten. Big difference. It's also much shorter to LAX. Location, location, location

LMAO....

location my ass, you can stay within 1.5 miles of both LAX and sofi at any slew of marriott hotels, for under $500/night......as i said i chose to stay further away to have a better place to stay, a 1-2 time drive isnt the end of the world. and you presented the information as if that was the going rate, which isnt the case.  so you CHOSE to spend triple the going rate and CHOSE to buy from a site with higher fees than others... 

im glad to are stoked and yall are doing exactly what you want, no worries at all, you can clearly understand that in a thread, about people finding tickets and wanting to go, quoting the chosen price of triple hotel room cost and 50% higher fees than most any other site, including nfl on location and ticketmaster, the two sites that handle superbowl tickets at its core, could be confusing or misleading to others, yes?

i wasnt trying to start a whole big thing, just what you stated, seemingly as fact across the board, was way way off from the reality.

have fun! 

13 hours ago, GoBengals said:

LMAO....

location my ass, you can stay within 1.5 miles of both LAX and sofi at any slew of marriott hotels, for under $500/night......as i said i chose to stay further away to have a better place to stay, a 1-2 time drive isnt the end of the world. and you presented the information as if that was the going rate, which isnt the case.  so you CHOSE to spend triple the going rate and CHOSE to buy from a site with higher fees than others... 

im glad to are stoked and yall are doing exactly what you want, no worries at all, you can clearly understand that in a thread, about people finding tickets and wanting to go, quoting the chosen price of triple hotel room cost and 50% higher fees than most any other site, including nfl on location and ticketmaster, the two sites that handle superbowl tickets at its core, could be confusing or misleading to others, yes?

i wasnt trying to start a whole big thing, just what you stated, seemingly as fact across the board, was way way off from the reality.

have fun! 

You brought up the word "lying" and I wanted to set the record straight. I did exactly that. No one was lying. Of course there are all sorts of different prices but you get what you pay for. As I explained, folks that have tens of thousands to spend are not going to stay at the Motel 6. I did not claim to have checked every hotel. I reported on my experience

I checked Ticket Master and their fee on a $6K ticket was about $1300.  The other sites won't give me the fee until after I put in a credit card number so I can't speak to them. Given the quality of the seat, I think my buddy got a fair deal. Ticketmaster and others were charging higher prices for this quality of seat. 

The hotel we're staying at is $300/night  on the same days exactly one week after the Super Bowl. That equates to a four fold increase because of Super Bowl weekend. My guess is that such a premium is typical for the Super Bowl, hence my point. I never claimed that you couldn't find something cheaper. I'm sure you can. Your Mileage May Vary

But let's agree on one thing: Nobody was lying

1 hour ago, AmishBengalFan said:

It's now Friday and it's after 10am.

In case anyone needs to synchronize their calendar or wristwatch.

Yup, no email for me :(

I'll be in LA, just may not make the game as I'm not sure I want to buy one tix and have no one to go with...

37 minutes ago, lslmustang said:

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, they only had 1000 pair of tickets sell...  Total crap by the NFL...

Did the article provide a rationale for the low sales?  Was it that there were only 2K tickets in all, or were there significantly more tickets but sales were low because the prices were so out of reach for most fans?

I could see a little of both being true, but I recall reading somewhere that both teams had a MUCH larger # of tickets allocated for their ticket holders.  Like 18K tickets IIRC.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2022/02/03/super-bowl-lottery-tickets-rare-even-bengals-season-ticket-holders/9315798002/

John Fead Jr. witnessed the Bengals' first two Super Bowls. 

He's also sat at Riverfront Stadium in freezing weather as the Bengals remained mired in last place. 

"I dragged my kids down to those games when you couldn’t give away seats," Fead said. 

So, on Sunday, when Evan McPherson's field goal sank the Kansas City Chiefs, Fead celebrated with friends at Madeira Inn, confident he would be going to his third Super Bowl. 

But Super Bowl tickets aren't as easy to come by or as affordable as they were 32 years ago. 

Fead is one of several Bengals season ticket holders who contacted The Enquirer after finding the NFL's ticket lottery system shrouded in confusion. 

The Bengals have 2,000 tickets they can offer for sale at face value to season ticket holders, Bengals spokesperson Emily Parker said in a statement. A lottery decides which ticket owners get a chance to purchase tickets. The NFL sets the rules for how many tickets teams get and how the lotteries are conducted. 

It's a computer-generated system that gives preference to the more senior ticket owners, Parker said.

John Fead Jr. of Madeira, photographed on Feb. 2, 2022, has been a Bengals fan since he was 11 years old. As a season ticket holder, Fead attended the Super Bowl on the Bengals' first two appearances but is having issues getting tickets for the third.

The lottery is ongoing and some additional tickets could be available if players or "media partners" don't use all their tickets. Parker said the number of tickets the NFL makes available to teams has "declined in recent years due to NFL rules."

She wouldn't elaborate beyond the statement on the rules and how the computer-generated lottery works. 

"This is a fast-moving process," Parker said in the statement. "But real thought and effort have gone into getting as many Bengals fans out to L.A. for the game as possible."

Bought from Paul Brown himself

Fead thought he'd be first in line. After all, he's one of the first 135 Bengals season ticket holders. His father purchased 16 seats from Paul Brown himself in 1968, the Bengals' inaugural season. John Fead Sr., an insurance agent, heard from a client that Bengals tickets were being sold at Brown's office in the Carew Tower. 

His father died in 2002, but he's held onto the season tickets. 

When the Bengals made the Super Bowl in 1982 and 1989, Fead found no problems scoring tickets as a long-time season ticket holder. Tickets for the 1989 Super Bowl cost $110, he said. That's $253 in today's dollars.

"We never thought twice about it," Fead said. "There was no lottery. We just applied for them and got them."

This time, Fead said ticket staff told him on Monday he didn't make the cut in the lottery system.

That didn't sit right with Fead. 

"There should be some benefit to loyal fans who follow the team," Fead said. "It seems people who don't really care who wins the games are the ones that wind up going because it's an event."

Another longtime season ticket owner, Ralph Williams, was also miffed. Williams has also had season tickets since 1968. 

"I’ve been with them through thick and thin," Williams said. "Some years I couldn’t give them away."

A change in fortunes

Then on Wednesday, the Bengals sent both Williams and Fead an email saying they won the lottery. But there was a catch. Two tickets would cost Fead $7,000. 

"It's not worth it," Fead said. "That's so much money."

He had planned to go with a friend, someone who offered to cover the cost of the tickets, hotel and expenses. But $7,000 is too expensive. He'll watch his third Bengals Super Bowl at home. 

Buying tickets on the open market is out of the range for most fans. The cheapest seats on the NFL Ticket Exchange cost $4,800 as of Wednesday afternoon. Some tickets cost $65,000. 

'It was a big letdown' 

Longtime Bengals fan and season ticket holder Bruce Sherman has found the whole Super Bowl ticket confusion a deflating experience. Sherman, a Louisville resident, said he has had Bengals season tickets for 41 years. 

He remembers a lottery system in the 1980s for the Bengals two Super Bowls. He didn't get tickets. But he chalked that up to being a new season ticket subscriber at the time. He thought for sure, now that he's had season tickets for four decades, he would get to live out his lifelong dream of going to a Super Bowl. 

Instead, he'll be watching it from home. 

"I got my hopes up," Sherman said.  "It was a big letdown."

And there's no way he will pay for a ticket on the open market. 

"What working stiff has a chance to go to Super Bowls?" he said. 

He said he hasn't gotten a clear answer from the Bengals on how the Super Bowl tickets were doled out. 

"If there was a lottery done, how about some transparency?" Sherman said. "On record, here’s who witnessed it. I think a lot of people would have respect for the process."

COMMENTS

SUBSCRIBER
7 hours ago

Friend has season tickets since 1968 in Nippert Stadium who also didn’t make the lottery that was supposedly targeting Senior account holders. NFL says the 35% goes to the two teams. Not true. Since 2016 they remove 6000 of seats from the 35% allocation and give them to OnLocation (their ticket resale partner) who they own stake in. Face value lowest price ticket was supposedly $900 and it gets resold by OnLocation for $6000. Those 6000 tickets scalped up to $6000 ea. (asking price last Monday) Is $36 million revenue stolen from long time season-ticket holder’s and fans.
70,000 capacity at SoFi Stadium. 35% allocation is 24,500 tickets (12,250 for each team). Then subtract 6000 given to their on location partner. Leaves 9250 tickets for each team.
That is 13.21% for each team or 26.42% actual allocation. Bengals spokesperson said they had 2k tickets for fans which is 2.85% of the Tickets.
Tell me how at least 4 season ticket holders from 1968 didn’t get allocated 1 of the 1000 pairs of tickets allocated to the most senior season ticket holders? Where did the other 7250 tickets go…? Where is the transparency. Hoping the Enquirer will continue to dig on this story. It’s extremely sad & criminal. Apologies for any misspellings I dictated this on my mobile device

My 1989 tickets cost about what this guy paid. It was the going rate at the time. They were still several times more than the regular season seat costs. 

It’s the going rate now, so even though I get his reluctance to part with that kind of coin—I certainly could not—I’m puzzled as to why he thinks he should get a better price just because he’s been buying since the beginning?

Here is a quite dated article, showing the average increase in SB prices since the beginning. It simply illustrates the prices do go up 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1041324-ranking-the-average-ticket-price-of-every-super-bowl-since-1966.amp.html

And check out what the 1988 AFC Championship Game costs (got this photo of of eBay—my ticket has vanished over the years. My section was 326, so certain mine cost the same)

6E09E154-E042-45C1-8570-9C8E0DD3F49A.png

I've seen the ticketing chart for Sofi.  Cheapest ones have a $950 face and they go up to well over $6K.  That's, to me, without a doubt due to the game being in LA.

Next year is Glendale.  I expect the cheapest will still hover around $1K (since that's been the lowest face price for 3 years now) but I expect the top end to be much lower.  1/3 to 1/4 what Kroenke and Newsome and Hollywood are asking.

We'll all just go next year.  After all, we're the Bengals, we go to the Super Bowl all the time, right?

6 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I've seen the ticketing chart for Sofi.  Cheapest ones have a $950 face and they go up to well over $6K.  That's, to me, without a doubt due to the game being in LA.

Next year is Glendale.  I expect the cheapest will still hover around $1K (since that's been the lowest face price for 3 years now) but I expect the top end to be much lower.  1/3 to 1/4 what Kroenke and Newsome and Hollywood are asking.

We'll all just go next year.  After all, we're the Bengals, we go to the Super Bowl all the time, right?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

got my tickets squared up, 4th row above the team tunnel, bengals sideline, corner endzone.

reached out to nfl on location since they had max 19% fees going anyway... and they waived 100% of the fees on the order. was able to move from planning on second deck to lower level corner endzone. aisle seats towards bengals side. 

I planned on spending $20k each when it was just me and my kid, then wife wanted to go(its the trip starts on her birthday and ends on valentines day and im no fool) so i planned on $15k each, got these all done for under 10k each, so im bringing the homies. I cant wait to never pay this much EVER again in other cities. fucking LA.

Cant wait. WHODEY.

IMG_5057.jpeg

5 hours ago, lslmustang said:

WOW!!! Congrats, still wishing on a tix to materialize!!! LOL

price are dropping daily, tomorrow is supposed to be the cheapest day for tickets according to historical sales.

i dunno if you have any budget at all, if you dont care where you sit and have a budget i can give you my guys info. but youd likely be in the $4-5k range all said and done per ticket..

Archived