TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE!! Super Bowl Tickets - Season Ticket Member Lottery

2 hours ago, jmckbengal said:

Any tailgating or meeting spots for Bengal fans near Sofi on Sunday before the game? 

I'm wondering the same thing. Any Bengal fan hangouts in LA? I've been searching and haven't really found anything. Let us know if you find something. I'd love to yuck it up with Bengal fans this weekend, Sat or Sun

A buddy of mine has 2 Super Bowl tix, 40 yard line box seats 20 rows up. He paid $2,500 each but he didn't realize when he bought them, it was going to be on the same day as his wedding. Prob bc of the extra game this year.   If you’re interested, he’s looking for someone to take his place...It's at Calvary church in San Clemente at 3pm. The bride's name is Nicole, she's 5'4", about 115 lbs, very flexible and a decent cook too. She'll be in the white dress.

3 hours ago, jmckbengal said:

Any tailgating or meeting spots for Bengal fans near Sofi on Sunday before the game? 

yes 3 huge ones...  bengals Jim (find on social media) has a huge tailgate, and bengal trailer, also has a huge one going, then there is an official bengals tailgate party IIRC near the stadium.  the other two are at local bars parking lots IIRC.

44 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I'm wondering the same thing. Any Bengal fan hangouts in LA? I've been searching and haven't really found anything. Let us know if you find something. I'd love to yuck it up with Bengal fans this weekend, Sat or Sun

(copy paste) yes 3 huge ones...  bengals Jim (find on social media) has a huge tailgate, and bengal trailer, also has a huge one going, then there is an official bengals tailgate party IIRC near the stadium.  the other two are at local bars parking lots IIRC.

41 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

A buddy of mine has 2 Super Bowl tix, 40 yard line box seats 20 rows up. He paid $2,500 each but he didn't realize when he bought them, it was going to be on the same day as his wedding. Prob bc of the extra game this year.   If you’re interested, he’s looking for someone to take his place...It's at Calvary church in San Clemente at 3pm. The bride's name is Nicole, she's 5'4", about 115 lbs, very flexible and a decent cook too. She'll be in the white dress.

seen a few times but still funny each time..

my BIL sent this to me and i didnt read it paste the tickets and just responded "those are gone already" .....he got me.

sidenote, i got my superbowl tickets delivered from ticketmaster today.

if you bought from stubhub or nfl on location and a few others youll get a physical commemorative ticket in the mail later... if straight through ticketmaster you get a digital NFT ticket. one of the reasons i bought through NFL on location

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

Was watching the local Cincinnati news the other night and they had a segment from a place called "5 Line Tavern" in LA.  Seemed like a cool place with lots of fans in Bengals jerseys.  Said to be an LA hangout for Bengals fans on game days all season long.  But that's TV so take it with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

yes 3 huge ones...  bengals Jim (find on social media) has a huge tailgate, and bengal trailer, also has a huge one going, then there is an official bengals tailgate party IIRC near the stadium.  the other two are at local bars parking lots IIRC.

(copy paste) yes 3 huge ones...  bengals Jim (find on social media) has a huge tailgate, and bengal trailer, also has a huge one going, then there is an official bengals tailgate party IIRC near the stadium.  the other two are at local bars parking lots IIRC.

seen a few times but still funny each time..

my BIL sent this to me and i didnt read it paste the tickets and just responded "those are gone already" .....he got me.

OK, I'll follow those folks. I don't see anything about stuff happening in LA yet but thanks for the tip

18 hours ago, GoBengals said:

price are dropping daily, tomorrow is supposed to be the cheapest day for tickets according to historical sales.

i dunno if you have any budget at all, if you dont care where you sit and have a budget i can give you my guys info. but youd likely be in the $4-5k range all said and done per ticket..

Would love a contact. The guy I’ve talked to won’t budge very much on fees. 

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

OK, I'll follow those folks. I don't see anything about stuff happening in LA yet but thanks for the tip

i have seen it pop up for LA, lemme find it..

Graeters mentioning both in LA:

bengal jims super party saturday:

also lapham and hoarde doing their show in LA:

I didn't want to share this until the deal was done, but it turns out I got lucky and won tickets through the team.  On Wednesday, when they did their double-secret-probation second-draw to distribute tickets that weren't bought by the noon Tuesday deadline (for those who won the Monday lotto), I got an email telling me that I had won the chance to buy.  The "colleague" that I mentioned in my post on an earlier page.... that was me.  :)

Now we set the wayback machine to 1988.

The Bengals had just won the AFC, were heading to Miami, and I was fortunate enough to get drawn for a pair of tickets to SB XXIII.  I went with my buddy Doug:

ji_1.jpg

Ken (Amish) left, Doug right

At the time, Doug had two little girls... Justyn (4) and Kristyn (1).  Doug passed away about a decade after the game from Pancreatic Cancer, but I've stayed close to his widow Tacie, the girls, and their younger brother Steven.   We're family.

When the Stripes announced they were going to do a lotto this year, I checked with the other households we share our account with.... none of us could go if we won tickets, so I was going to make them available here if there were indeed no takers AND if we won them.  But then Sunday night Kris contacted me.  Her mom mentioned that we might (might) be getting tickets but none of us were planning to go.  She asked if she could have them so she and Justy could go - getting a chance to follow in their Dad's footsteps and honor his memory, while rooting for the Bengals as they have their entire lives.

160850571_10158153252375423_6338968152052540980_n_832ee49d5330020333e57c69e6cbdcffc6369a46.jpg

Kris - middle center, holding up a "#1" sign.  Justy, far right, wearing her Boomer jersey.

Of course I said yes, but when Monday came and went and without an email from the Bengals - well, nobody would be going.  Kris and I had been talking from Sunday thru Tuesday, and it was apparent that we had all been shutout.  Then Wednesday happened.  I called Kris.  Told her that I got tickets.  Told her that SHE got tickets, and that she needed to get hopping to get Justy onboard, get flights figured out, and work all of the details.  :)

The tickets showed up in my app this morning around 11.

SuperBowlTickets.jpg

Yeah baby!  It might be the 500-level but it's Front Row!

I just got off the phone with Kris, TicketBastard has successfully transferred the tickets from my account to hers.  Her flight is booked to CA, Justy has booked her flight from DC to CA, they've got crash space set up with USMC friends at Miramar (both girls married into the military, Kris into the Marines, Justy into the Army)  Turns out Justy knows an ex-Army vet who now works for the Rams, and they're working out some 'perks' related to parking or pregame activities.... which is kinda nice.

I know a lot of folks paid a LOT of money in the secondary market, and that the $3700 I paid for these two tickets is a huge bargain by comparison.  I feel bad for all of them, honest, but I'm hoping they feel happy for these two girls, who will get to relive their fathers' legacy by following in his footsteps to a Bengals Super Bowl

272513009_10158721842930423_8928490782951817588_n_af721f16da0f1a1523ac71cc454bac836be35795.jpg

18 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Good on ya, man.  Good work.  I hope they have a great time and witness a Bengals Super Bowl victory.  

Miramar is a significant drive from LA.  Maybe Go can help???

Lol, thanks but I think Justy's Rams' contact has them crashing with them in Santa Monica on Saturday and possibly Sunday.  They're good.  :)

Incredible good fortune…and so fitting for these young gals. Could not be happier. 

Doug and Amish were seated directly behind my 2 seats in Section 326 in Riverfront. I became rapidly acquainted with them both during that amazing 1988 season. Amish and Doug were already fast friends, of course, and after that season, I had opportunity to spend more and more time with them both outside of Bengal events—even though I lived in Columbus, and they in the Dayton area. Doug was still in those seats even during the Shula era—where his exasperated voice saying “my Airedale can call plays better than Dave Shula” still rings in my ears to this day. 

I made several trips with Amish to visit Doug during his illness. At my last visit—really saying goodbye—I’ll always remember verbally telling him to “Go with God..and remember, in Heaven, the Bengals always win the Super Bowl”. The tragedy of his incredible wife Tacie—and his beautiful children—being left behind, was as sad an experience as I can remember. 

But, God is good, and the family has prospered and grown into full flower. I was so happy to have participated in that group photo—perfectly set in Paul Brown Stadium.

Before each home game we attend just before kickoff, Amish and I raise whatever beverage we have, to the sky…in tribute to Doug. This game coming up is a home game, and even though we won’t be there together, we will still put a toast to the sky for this one. And I just know…Kris and Justy will be doing the same in that stadium. 

Bring it home, ladies. 

8 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Lol, thanks but I'm not going.  

DUHHHH!!!...Sorry Amish...yesterday I obviously just read enough to be dangerous, i.e. that you got tickets...didn't get around to reading the rest about transferring the tickets to the girls.  You're a good man, I hope they have the time of their lives in tribute to their Dad.

15 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i have seen it pop up for LA, lemme find it..

Graeters mentioning both in LA:

bengal jims super party saturday:

also lapham and hoarde doing their show in LA:

Thanks a million. That's just the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I have a dinner reservation in Venice Beach at 6pm but if I can move that back I can definitely do the Bengals Bash at 5. I won't arrive till 7pm on Friday so I'll miss the pep rally but oh well

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

Thanks a million. That's just the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I have a dinner reservation in Venice Beach at 6pm but if I can move that back I can definitely do the Bengals Bash at 5. I won't arrive till 7pm on Friday so I'll miss the pep rally but oh well

right on, should all be cool events. ill be on the beach trying to pretend im not nervous about the game until sunday morning.

37 minutes ago, jmckbengal said:

Last I checked the tickets for Bengal Jim’s tailgate was sold out. 
we have dinner in Malibu on Saturday night. Headed to sofi on Sunday around 10.

staying at the Hyatt place near LAX. Always willing to buy a beer or two to other Bengal fans

That's what I saw too. Oh well. 

Can't promise anything, but how many are looking for tix to Bengal Jim's Tailgate? I have a pretty strong connection with Jimmy and may be able to pull a string or two? Let me know as soon as possible and I'll check it out? Probably can't get a whole lot ( two or 4 if any) but I'm willing to try.

3 hours ago, MOC said:

Can't promise anything, but how many are looking for tix to Bengal Jim's Tailgate? I have a pretty strong connection with Jimmy and may be able to pull a string or two? Let me know as soon as possible and I'll check it out? Probably can't get a whole lot ( two or 4 if any) but I'm willing to try.

I'll take 2. I can Venmo $$

Archived