AFC Championship Gameday Thread - Bengals at Chiefs

32 minutes ago, BENGALS666 said:

Cowherd, once again giving credit to everyone but The Bengals. "Mahomes was off".. "Mixon was untouched - should have been a fumble". Give me a goddamn break. Of course he's got The Rams

I notice a bunch of sites with official posts about this supposed "fumble" controversy... I'm not 100% clear on the rule but it seems to me you could easily argue Mixon "gave himself up" because he rolled over then sat on one knee for a beat like a kickoff returner would do, then dropped the ball.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Hats off to the Oline for this.

Agreed, they did what they needed to do and also Joe admitted that the game plan (and his own mindset) was to read two then get out of the pocket or get rid of the ball, which obviously worked.  What I would like to know is why Carman came in for large chunks, was it performance based or was Adeniji hurting?

Seems a controversy or bad qb play if we win.  Can we not just win like every other team? I guess haters be hating looking for excuse clicks bate. Anyone see burrows int some say the ball was moving? can we not review that .? We should review all the holding calls and hitting our players in back by their oline. Missed face mask. Once our guys figured out they ain’t calling shit we started stretching rules as well and they don’t like it. Oh well. Rams took a lot of cheep shots on 49ers. Von miller a cheap shot artest and cheater but no one in media says it.  These players were just given to la during this year beckem too. Wendell  comes off beach too. whatever.! League set this up to have game in la for team that is St. Louis team. I don’t like how league is taking city names out like raiders or rams. I don’t want to lose bengals now we are just bengals the marketing is obvious.

3 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Seems a controversy or bad qb play if we win.  Can we not just win like every other team? I guess haters be hating looking for excuse clicks bate. Anyone see burrows int some say the ball was moving? can we not review that .? We should review all the holding calls and hitting our players in back by their oline. Missed face mask. Once our guys figured out they ain’t calling shit we started stretching rules as well and they don’t like it. Oh well. Rams took a lot of cheep shots on 49ers. Von miller a cheap shot artest and cheater but no one in media says it.  These players were just given to la during this year beckem too. Wendell  comes off beach too. whatever.! League set this up to have game in la for team that is St. Louis team. I don’t like how league is taking city names out like raiders or rams. I don’t want to lose bengals now we are just bengals the marketing is obvious.

Nobody talks about the coach or assistant knocking the ball out of Burrows hand after he got the first down.  That should’ve been a flag on the bench.  Burrow said something to the D head when he did it. 

4 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Blocking in the back is legal behind the line of scrimmage.

But you left out that TWO Chief defenders were offsides on Joey B’s interception.

I read rule it says you can block in back on blocking zone. I noticed them throwing our guys on grind then jumping on their backs. Then hubbard running In back field 5 yards past line of scrimmage and they would just push them in back onto ground then jump on top of them. I liked it but had never seen a line bully another line in nfl. Kinda like euro step it’s illegal till it’s not. We should get our line to do that because they are in the trail position a lot.

46 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

I read rule it says you can block in back on blocking zone. I noticed them throwing our guys on grind then jumping on their backs. Then hubbard running In back field 5 yards past line of scrimmage and they would just push them in back onto ground then jump on top of them. I liked it but had never seen a line bully another line in nfl. Kinda like euro step it’s illegal till it’s not. We should get our line to do that because they are in the trail position a lot.

Nah, that was an illegal block in the back.  The term is within the line zone and they were no where near that area.  The OLman stopped his attempt of getting back up.   He never turned his back on him.  He impeded his act of attempting in getting back up. 

4 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

I think the refs just decided to let them play the game.

I thought two PI's in the end zone on two consecutive plays.

On the first, Tee had an arm pinned to his side and almost came up with a

one handed catch.  No call.

The next Ja'Marr was interfered with.  No call.  I thought "Uh-oh... here we go"

I thought Drew Sample (yes, Drew Sample) took a helmet to the face/head on one of

his few plays that was not called.

On to The Scrams.

Archived