AFC Championship Gameday Thread - Bengals at Chiefs

7 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

Seems a controversy or bad qb play if we win.  Can we not just win like every other team? I guess haters be hating looking for excuse clicks bate. Anyone see burrows int some say the ball was moving? can we not review that .? We should review all the holding calls and hitting our players in back by their oline. Missed face mask. Once our guys figured out they ain’t calling shit we started stretching rules as well and they don’t like it. Oh well. Rams took a lot of cheep shots on 49ers. Von miller a cheap shot artest and cheater but no one in media says it.  These players were just given to la during this year beckem too. Wendell  comes off beach too. whatever.! League set this up to have game in la for team that is St. Louis team. I don’t like how league is taking city names out like raiders or rams. I don’t want to lose bengals now we are just bengals the marketing is obvious.

I thought the refs did just fine.  Took the Bengals a while to figure out they could get away with stuff.  I'd rather see the players settle it on the field than the refs.

6 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

I read rule it says you can block in back on blocking zone. I noticed them throwing our guys on grind then jumping on their backs. Then hubbard running In back field 5 yards past line of scrimmage and they would just push them in back onto ground then jump on top of them. I liked it but had never seen a line bully another line in nfl. Kinda like euro step it’s illegal till it’s not. We should get our line to do that because they are in the trail position a lot.

Sounds smart to me.  Especially when the opposition is only rushing 3. 

The blocking in the back thing would be a nightmare to call in the backfield.  D linemen are spinning and doing all kinds of stuff.  You have to be able to block them in the back.  When a play breaks down and guys are running all over the place it looks bad, but the rule makes sense. 

Like I said before, the refs did a good job.  They called the minimum and let the players win it on the field.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

A few of them think it was a few said who cares we lost and few agree it was not.

Chiefs Did Joe Mixon fumble on his last run?? - ChiefsPlanet

Thank you for posting that.  The play is over, he gets up and is walking away

and drops the ball and the Chefs make an issue out of THAT?  Give me a break!

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Some rando questions:

1) Was that not a penalty when Bell got the pick and was clotheslined in OT?

2) Why was Brandon Allen out there for the coin toss?

Re: #2, I assumed they wanted to talk/coach/strategize with the players that will be on the field in OT.

Archived