AFC Championship Gameday Thread - Bengals at Chiefs

Overlooked but I think this is pretty cool and a classy thing to say.  JMHO

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/1/31/22911751/patrick-mahomes-kc-chiefs-news-bengals-2022-nfl-playoffs-cincinnati-kc-rams

Patrick Mahomes tells Joe Burrow to “Go win it all”

“Good luck, my brother.”

14 hours ago, tibor75 said:

This is not the same Eli Apple we saw in week 1 and 2.  He looked completely lost.  It's really quite amazing.

From his mom:

https://twitter.com/SurvivinAmerica/status/1488513406172688385?s=20&t=rPoxmeC0l4S22J44JnBpvA

I had no idea about Eli and where he came from so I did some research, and found out he played for OSU, Burrow was red shirted his last year there as they were teammates.  I guess I was not paying attention to the Buckeyes like I should have.  He came out early in the draft, Giants took him in the first round 2016 draft, it did not go well for him there, well, he was playing well, but was disciplined by the team many times due to issues with other players, day game cell phone antics, etc… the other players called him a cancer so he was traded to New Orleans in 2018.  The Giants were a mess anyways during his time there, not 2016, well, 2017 for sure.  He played against us twice both being wins, first ever start was against us in 2016 Giants win 21 - 20 and in 2018 he picked off Dalton in a 51 - 14 score stomp by New Orleans against us.  2019 Saints let him go. He signed with Carolina on one year contract in 2020 and was put on injured reserve and reactivated, played two games and then released.   I know many of us gave him a hard time, but he has really improved under Lou and if his mother tweets about Lou and gives him props on believing in her son and helping him, then I have much respect for Lou in helping him in making him believe in himself to become a better player.  I guess he is not a Cancer after all and I bet those other teams wished they had kept him.  I hope the Bengals do resign him. 

1 minute ago, TigerJ@w said:

I had no idea about Eli and where he came from so I did some research, and found out he played for OSU, Burrow was red shirted his last year there as they were teammates.  I guess I was not paying attention to the Buckeyes like I should have.  He came out early in the draft, Giants took him in the first round 2016 draft, it did not go well for him there, well, he was playing well, but was disciplined by the team many times due to issues with other players, day game cell phone antics, etc… the other players called him a cancer so he was traded to New Orleans in 2018.  The Giants were a mess anyways during his time there, not 2016, well, 2017 for sure.  He played against us twice both being wins, first ever start was against us in 2016 Giants win 21 - 20 and in 2018 he picked off Dalton in a 51 - 14 score stomp by New Orleans against us.  2019 Saints let him go. He signed with Carolina on one year contract in 2020 and was put on injured reserve and reactivated, played two games and then released.   I know many of us gave him a hard time, but he has really improved under Lou and if his mother tweets about Lou and gives him props on believing in her son and helping him, then I have much respect for Lou in helping him in making him believe in himself to become a better player.  I guess he is not a Cancer after all and I bet those other teams wished they had kept him.  I hope the Bengals do resign him. 

A lot of teams like to bring in former high round picks if they are still young and were cut. The thinking is they were drfated high for a reason and maybe things work out better in a different system with diferrent coaches. 

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

A lot of teams like to bring in former high round picks if they are still young and were cut. The thinking is they were drfated high for a reason and maybe things work out better in a different system with diferrent coaches. 

Yea, I was going to mention about a change of scenery and coaches that will definitely make a difference.  Good to know Lou was the one who can do it with players like him. 

1 minute ago, TigerJ@w said:

Yea, I was going to mention about a change of scenery and coaches that will definitely make a difference.  Good to know Lou was the one who can do it with players like him. 

Some of these guys need some adversity to finally grow up, too.  I hope Apple feels like his mother and has some loyalty.  If this coach revived your career you are best to stick with him.  From reading his recent tweets he could slip right back into the abyss if in the wrong situation. 

11 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Some of these guys need some adversity to finally grow up, too.  I hope Apple feels like his mother and has some loyalty.  If this coach revived your career you are best to stick with him.  From reading his recent tweets he could slip right back into the abyss if in the wrong situation. 

That and hopefully Lou is still hear next year. If not we could lose Apple too.

Watched inside the nfl didn’t want to signup but free 7 day . Sucks but I enjoyed it showed jamarr  crying on side line. Clyde Edwards-Helaire Talking to  chase after game. jamarr was crying. Clyde told him your the best receiver in game go get you a ring bring it back home. Chase is really low key team player . It was really cool to see. 
really like helaire too his college teammate. 

23 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Watched inside the nfl didn’t want to signup but free 7 day . Sucks but I enjoyed it showed jamarr  crying on side line. Clyde Edwards-Helaire Talking to  chase after game. jamarr was crying. Clyde told him your the best receiver in game go get you a ring bring it back home. Chase is really low key team player . It was really cool to see. 
really like helaire too his college teammate. 

12 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

I had noticed before, and you can see it in this video, Hendrickson remains on the bench at the end of the game instead of being up and celebrating with the rest of the team.  There may be nothing to it, but he was “reported” as out due to illness today.  :shrug: 

13 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I had noticed before, and you can see it in this video, Hendrickson remains on the bench at the end of the game instead of being up and celebrating with the rest of the team.  There may be nothing to it, but he was “reported” as out due to illness today.  :shrug: 

I re-watched the game last night and he hurt his back on that one play. I was surprised he returned. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

3 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

I re-watched the game last night and he hurt his back on that one play. I was surprised he returned. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

That’s probably it.  Hopefully, he’ll be full go for the SB.

16 minutes ago, BengalBacker said:

i doubt it.  They said reason for absence was “illness.”  They can’t lie if it was a back injury.  

58 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

HAHAHAHA

It's funny because it's true.

Thank you for sucking so badly in 2019 that we could get a real leader.

Andy may come out and tell how Mike Brown tried to bribe him into throwing row games....😎

It wouldnt stick as everyone knows MB hates to come off a dollar...

Archived