Rams Week - Superbowl news/thoughts thread

15 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

C'mon Amish, you know that was funny.  😆

He's Lawshark. He used to post on a board years before this board existed with me and Harry, and TigerJ@w and several other people who post here . He's a good dude.

Sorry.  Don't know him.  Thought I read "landshark", saw he has 8 posts.... assumed another n00b.

I don't fault anyone for only having 8 posts - everybody has to start somewhere and all of us was a n00b at some point - but I really honestly don't know who he is, having only seven prior posts to get to know him by.  You say he's another "returning champion" - okay.  Good enough for me, thanks!  :wave:  

I only have 5.3k.... others who skated and who have come back just this week have nearly twice that.

9 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Sorry.  Don't know him.  Thought I read "landshark", saw he has 8 posts.... assumed another n00b.

I don't fault anyone for only having 8 posts - everybody has to start somewhere and all of us was a n00b at some point - but I really honestly don't know who he is, having only seven prior posts to get to know him by.  You say he's another "returning champion" - okay.  Good enough for me, thanks!  :wave:  

I only have 5.3k.... others who skated and who have come back just this week have nearly twice that.

C'mon dude...if you are going to be throwing shade on folks for very suspect reasons...you gotta be willing to take some jabs at times too...particularly if you miss out on a pretty obvious meme to any Bengal fan who has been paying attention.  Didn't the emoji help soften the message to show it was all in good faith?   Mea culp maxima culpa.  I may be remiss in posting here...but my thousands of posts on our prior board don't seem to synch up here for some reason...Al Gore did NOT do that great a job with these interweb things...and a big part of the reason there were a lot of posts there were  because we had a pretty good group of dudes (and a few ladies like Opie's BengalSis).  You guys have some great refugees from there...BengalBacker, HSH, TJ, MOC, etc...but the death of our board coincided with fairly intense work times and kid times...which cuts into messageboard time (unless you are a bit of a douche and neglect certain important things).  Still repping the Bengals despite lack of posting on your preferred board...with my wife wondering if I was engaging in child abuse of a sort by raising my boys as Bengal fans in Patriots country (Hell no...builds character wearing a Bengals uni to school)...but not gracing our Bengals brethren who love baking pies, driving carriages etc. with my takes on the Bengals in the last few years.  I'll aspire to do better and make you proud. 👌

Lighten Up, Francis | Humor, Lightening, Chill

2 minutes ago, Lawshark13 said:

C'mon dude...if you are going to be throwing shade on folks for very suspect reasons...you gotta be willing to take some jabs at times too.  Didn't the emoji help soften the message to show it was all in good faith?   Mea culp maxima culpa.  I may be remiss in posting here...but my thousands of posts on our prior board don't seem to synch up here for some reason...Al Gore did NOT do that great a job with these interweb things...and a big part of the reason there were a lot of posts there were  because we had a pretty good group of dudes (and a few ladies like Opie's BengalSis).  You guys have some great refugees from there...BengalBacker, HSH, TJ, MOC, etc...but the death of our board coincided with fairly intense work times and kid times...which cuts into messageboard time (unless you are a bit of a douche and neglect certain important things).  Still repping the Bengals despite lack of posting on your preferred board...with my wife wondering if I was engaging in child abuse of a sort by raising my boys as Bengal fans in Patriots country (Hell no...builds character wearing a Bengals uni to school)...but not gracing our Bengals brethren who love baking pies, driving carriages etc. with my takes on the Bengals in the last few years.  I'll aspire to do better and make you proud. 👌

How bout just letting it drop..

Seems your irritated by lack of love here..

You have anything Bengal related to add now?

8 minutes ago, Lawshark13 said:

C'mon dude...if you are going to be throwing shade on folks for very suspect reasons...you gotta be willing to take some jabs at times too...particularly if you miss out on a pretty obvious meme to any Bengal fan who has been paying attention.  Didn't the emoji help soften the message to show it was all in good faith?   Mea culp maxima culpa.  I may be remiss in posting here...but my thousands of posts on our prior board don't seem to synch up here for some reason...Al Gore did NOT do that great a job with these interweb things...and a big part of the reason there were a lot of posts there were  because we had a pretty good group of dudes (and a few ladies like Opie's BengalSis).  You guys have some great refugees from there...BengalBacker, HSH, TJ, MOC, etc...but the death of our board coincided with fairly intense work times and kid times...which cuts into messageboard time (unless you are a bit of a douche and neglect certain important things).  Still repping the Bengals despite lack of posting on your preferred board...with my wife wondering if I was engaging in child abuse of a sort by raising my boys as Bengal fans in Patriots country (Hell no...builds character wearing a Bengals uni to school)...but not gracing our Bengals brethren who love baking pies, driving carriages etc. with my takes on the Bengals in the last few years.  I'll aspire to do better and make you proud. 👌

Glad to have you here.  Keep being you.  Message boards are boring and dull when people try to fall into groupthink.  

13 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Glad to have you here.  Keep being you.  Message boards are boring and dull when people try to fall into groupthink.  

TYVM...life is settling in to where I can have some fun stuff like this...and only letting the mic drop on responding to a throwaway line...it just kinda struck me as funny as hell after seeing the "membot" and "where were YOU!" threads. 🤣  It is fun when there is back and forth...on our old board we filled the bad times for team (a LOT of them) with all kinds of societal and political back and forth that made it pretty fun.  Probably can't do that in this day and age...but damn it was a good time...

41 minutes ago, Lawshark13 said:

C'mon dude...if you are going to be throwing shade on folks for very suspect reasons...you gotta be willing to take some jabs at times ...

Um.... Shade requires intent.  I think.  I'm old, that's what "shade" means, right?

A newly-registered poster makes a comment and I don't know who he is, so I ask.  Someone responds.  I accept their claim that he's an old poster. I even used a waving smiley. 

:wave:

Problem solved, right?

Guess not, since shade has been declared and a Sgt Hulka meme has been invoked. I'm ready to be done if you are. I'll even buy you a beer while we chat about someone's cart being in a ditch.  So, let me know..... Are we done or do we need to fight now?

tumblr_n61zsgUb8s1rr883co1_250.gif

16 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Um.... Shade requires intent.  I think.  I'm old, that's what "shade" means, right?

A newly-registered poster makes a comment and I don't know who he is, so I ask.  Someone responds.  I accept their claim that he's an old poster. I even used a waving smiley. 

:wave:

Problem solved, right?

Guess not, since shade has been declared and a Sgt Hulka meme has been invoked. I'm ready to be done if you are. I'll even buy you a beer while we chat about someone's cart being in a ditch.  So, let me know..... Are we done or do we need to fight now?

tumblr_n61zsgUb8s1rr883co1_250.gif

Dude...all good...and happy to throw back a beer...like I said...simply responding to what struck me as funny in context.  And...happy to spar at times during times of disagreement so long as everyone understands that this interweb stuff is pretty ephemeral...that is what makes this messageboard stuff interesting.

Can't remember when I registered here...it was a while back...HSH or one of the others sent up a flare after our place died...but it was just hard to jump back in.  It was like if you were a regular at Cheers and Sam turned the lights out and all the folks you hung out with virtually scattered...and then showed up at a new bar and a couple of the old regulars showed up occasionally...but it just wasn't Cheers.

Doesn't mean it can't be Cheers...but...

Strike that...apparently I re-registered last month as Lawshark13 as opposed to Lawshark after going to the KC game and getting drunk and couldn't remember my PW for the other account.  🤣  Sweet...I should reset the old account and then I can argue with myself.

The old board let you do pseudonyms...which could make things pretty interesting.  I suspect we might get an appearance from Paul Brown's Ghost if that was allowed here...

1 hour ago, Lawshark13 said:

Good to see you post and hear from you again, LS!  Good times back in the day for sure.  It has been a long time and I was always wondering where most went too.  When I saw some old timers come out of the woods, I made a comment about it and HSH responded, who are you calling old.  😂 I never in my wildest dreams thought the Bengals would ever get back to the SuperBowl being under Mike Brown.  I thought Marvin Lewis would do it, but he just couldn’t get it done.  We could be here forever discussing the past for sure, but I just don’t have that in me anymore.  I said from day one that Zac needed three years to prove himself and he has done that along with Mike Brown opening up his wallet.  I am sure the Bengals will get some more FAs to come here to fix the OL or whatever position needs to be fixed or via the draft.  Get this fixed and look out for this team to continue their winning ways as long as the injury bug does not hit them.  Let’s hope for a first SuperBowl.  Old dedicated fans like us deserve to see this happen in our lifetime. Who Dey! 

Last six Super Bowls with spreads at 4 points or greater (Rams +4 or +4.5 in most books):

2017 PHI over NE (+4.5)
2015 DEN over CAR (+4.5)
2012 BAL over SF (+4.5)
2009 NO over IND (+5)
2008 PIT over ARI (-7)
2007 NYG over NE (+12)

Underdog 5-1 straight up.

Archived