Strange bitter fan response i keep seeing...

I am in a bunch of stupid facebook groups, some for game worn buy/sel//trade some for football trash talk, etc..

one common theme ESPECIALLY from KC and SF fans, is "no ones gonna watch this trash superbowl" and "gonna get the worst ratings in a long time!"

bengals fandome aside, this has got so many catchy sports fan story lines.

1. underdog - bengals predicted to be last in AFCN made it here.

2. Comeback veteran player - Stafford scraps detroit and makes to to the bowl, is he a legend who was held back?

3. two high powered offenses, hope of a shootout.

4. young star talent, Chase, Burrow, Higgins, Mixon.

5. Other star power, OBJ, Kupp was triple crown, Miller was SB MVP, Darnold is a monster best defender in league, Ramsey is a star.

6. "Team of destiny" type thing, goes along with underdog i guess. 

7. burrow trying to be the 3rd joe(or any name) ever to win heisman, NCAA championship and superbowl, in his first full season

am i bias or is this somehow now gonna be watched?

1 minute ago, Jungletiger said:

Take comfort in their tears.  Some people think where they come from is the most important fairyland in the world.  Then reality smacks them in the face because reality doesn't give 1 or 2 flying fuks.

thats certainly the SF fans problem. but KC, cmon man, youre in fucking missouri, worthless space until mighty mouse and kermit the frog had a baby and got drafted.

Missouori - "If you keep driving we have Penn Station"

Just now, snarkster said:

May not be the highest-rated ever, but I believe Burrow intrigues enough people to insure it won't be the lowest by any means.

even if its low, it would have to be VERY low to even try to attribute it to the teams in it, the SB ratings have decreased all but one year for the last 7 years. Cord cutters, younger generations rather be on tik tok that sit and watch a 4 hr game, its a generation an technology issue which is proven by the steady decline.

Just now, GoBengals said:

thats certainly the SF fans problem. but KC, cmon man, youre in fucking missouri, worthless space until mighty mouse and kermit the frog had a baby and got drafted.

Missouori - "If you keep driving we have Penn Station"

Don't get it twisted, they fully believe they have ascended to the levels of Patriots - Brady level.  They also consider themselves more important as a market and fanbase than they are.

Just now, Jungletiger said:

Don't get it twisted, they fully believe they have ascended to the levels of Patriots - Brady level.  They also consider themselves more important as a market and fanbase than they are.

Talking about KC, SF fandom goes with out saying they are entitled.

3 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Burrow and Co. shook the fanbase..

They know they arent the best until they can beat the Bengals now..

Not gonna happen..

I have received text messages from friends I know that are fans of other teams and saying, they will root for the Bengals to win.  These are NFC fans and, AFC fans, and even on Bleacher Report, NFL fans say, they are rooting for the Bengals. I don’t buy into that media propaganda BS!  Fans want different teams in the SuperBowl and not the same ones over and over again.  We shall see what unfolds. 

I was in Dublin for the game and at a huge sports pub. There was a group of Irish fans at the table near us (go figure being in Ireland and all), asked them why they were rooting for the Bengals. They all said the same thing: Burrow. Asked another table, same answer. He has changed the face and perception of the whole franchise, and I think the ratings will be higher than expected because of it. 

On a side note, when they won and I lost my shit, the guy at the first table gave me his Bengals cap… 😂 

F3C61DB5-91EF-4F1C-B7E4-E05056049093.jpeg

5 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

From what I see, America is primed to LOVE these Bengals. I think ratings will be great!

Totally agree.

The Bengals are the Orange and Black Striped Cinderella team.

Came from  nowhere to the Super Bowl.

Against the odds,  underdog rebels with a cause and a chip

on their shoulders the size of a railroad tie with something to

prove and an ending to write.

The NFL New Kids on the Block.

Young, personable and engaging without the arrogance of others.

And... the cool as Hell unis are going to attract some.

I think it will be one of the most watched Super Bowls ever,

It's actually the exact opposite, ratings are the highest they have been since 2015...which is pre-Mahomes and the kneeling/protest which started in 2016.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/2022/02/01/nfl-ratings-rebound-afc-nfc-championship-games-post-highest-viewership-in-years/

If anything thus will be the most watched Superbowl this decade and definitely more watched than when the Chiefs and 49ers were last in the Superbowl. 

8 hours ago, snarkster said:

May not be the highest-rated ever, but I believe Burrow intrigues enough people to insure it won't be the lowest by any means.

And it’s ok because the Bengals have already played in the highest rated Super Bowl ever, XVI

9 hours ago, GoBengals said:

…one common theme ESPECIALLY from KC and SF fans, is "no ones gonna watch this trash superbowl" and "gonna get the worst ratings in a long time!"

Well, we’ll show them.  We’ll all turn on EVERY TV in our houses and have the game on each one.  😎

[Yes, I understand how viewership is measured and that this action would have no effect on ratings.  It’s just a joke…and a weak one at that.  Also, any replies trying to paint me as a racist will be ignored.]

I'm in agreement with most of the comments here that its just sour grapes by KC & SF.  As others have stated, people I know who are fans of other teams are actually excited to see the game...two very likeable teams with some up and coming star power.  Also as has been mentioned elsewhere, it seems lots of folks have tired of the Brady Bowls and other Goliath narratives. 

10 hours ago, Elflocko said:

I was in Dublin for the game and at a huge sports pub. There was a group of Irish fans at the table near us (go figure being in Ireland and all), asked them why they were rooting for the Bengals. They all said the same thing: Burrow. Asked another table, same answer. He has changed the face and perception of the whole franchise, and I think the ratings will be higher than expected because of it. 

On a side note, when they won and I lost my shit, the guy at the first table gave me his Bengals cap… 😂 

F3C61DB5-91EF-4F1C-B7E4-E05056049093.jpeg

Question..

My cousin spent holidays in Ireland..

I asked him if he got his fill of Guinness beer..

He said alot of pubs sell more Budweiser than Guinness now..

What say you?

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Question..

My cousin spent holidays in Ireland..

I asked him if he got his fill of Guinness beer..

He said alot of pubs sell more Budweiser than Guinness now..

What say you?

Complete and utter horseshit. If any American “beer” sells a lot, it’s Coors. You see that all over the place. This was my 4th trip to Dublin, and we rarely make it out of the pubs. I saw my first Budweiser tap on this trip, and only one. And it’s likely the American expats drinking that swill, as the Irish have better taste. 

6 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

It's actually the exact opposite, ratings are the highest they have been since 2015...which is pre-Mahomes and the kneeling/protest which started in 2016.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/2022/02/01/nfl-ratings-rebound-afc-nfc-championship-games-post-highest-viewership-in-years/

If anything thus will be the most watched Superbowl this decade and definitely more watched than when the Chiefs and 49ers were last in the Superbowl. 

I would think the Heisman and National Championship winning QB of only 2 years ago who should be the MVP will be a huge draw.  Pulling for the Bengals is really easy for most fans. 

Add in the feel good story of Stafford who suffered at Detroit for over a decade to the mix.

Plus, aren’t we all ready to move on from these old QBs and teams who suck up so much oxygen during the season?

Don’t forget half of the entertainment industry will be at the game which will draw more of the casual fans so I would expect huge ratings. 

Archived