Strange bitter fan response i keep seeing...

37 minutes ago, Elflocko said:

Complete and utter horseshit. If any American “beer” sells a lot, it’s Coors. You see that all over the place. This was my 4th trip to Dublin, and we rarely make it out of the pubs. I saw my first Budweiser tap on this trip, and only one. And it’s likely the American expats drinking that swill, as the Irish have better taste. 

I remember when I lived in Germany and I gave our German neighbors some Budweiser and Jack Daniels.  Loved the JD but said the Bud tasted like water.  I kept the Bud Lights in the fridge. 

49 minutes ago, Elflocko said:

Complete and utter horseshit. If any American “beer” sells a lot, it’s Coors. You see that all over the place. This was my 4th trip to Dublin, and we rarely make it out of the pubs. I saw my first Budweiser tap on this trip, and only one. And it’s likely the American expats drinking that swill, as the Irish have better taste. 

Been following that "other" football over the past several years. Have had a number of recent English ex-pats I watch matches with who call Budweiser "piss", but confess it's a great drink to offer ladies in the Pubs. Say it "shows a bit of class"--which we share a hearty laugh over.  

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Question..

My cousin spent holidays in Ireland..

I asked him if he got his fill of Guinness beer..

He said alot of pubs sell more Budweiser than Guinness now..

What say you?

Looking at this with a more sober eye, allow me to provide a more sober response: Is Budweiser on tap in pubs in Ireland? Yes, but as stated previously I’ve only seen one in 4 trips there, and it was the most recent. Coors (I’m assuming the light variety as the taps say Coors but it’s the Coors light logo) is much more prevalent and has been over the last 7 years). So is it possible that there are pubs in Ireland that sell more Budweiser than any other beer? It’s certainly possible, but it isn’t a pub I would want to go to. 

12 minutes ago, Elflocko said:

Looking at this with a more sober eye, allow me to provide a more sober response: Is Budweiser on tap in pubs in Ireland? Yes, but as stated previously I’ve only seen one in 4 trips there, and it was the most recent. Coors (I’m assuming the light variety as the taps say Coors but it’s the Coors light logo) is much more prevalent and has been over the last 7 years). So is it possible that there are pubs in Ireland that sell more Budweiser than any other beer? It’s certainly possible, but it isn’t a pub I would want to go to. 

Tks for sharing this.

20 hours ago, tibor75 said:

I'm confused why Bengal fans care about what others say about ratings and so forth.

So what?  

thinking its an interesting and seemingly new thing i havent seen about other teams in the past, like being such a bizzare things to even say. one of them as i think i mentioned was in a game used jersey group, someone posted a bengals jersey, and dude out of no where stated the above about ratings..... thats fucking strange.

im not sure anyone "cares" per se. 

10 hours ago, steggyD said:

Don't forget the halftime show. What a lineup. That's drawing lots of attention from people in my age group.

if the bengals DIDNT make it and i could get in the building for $500-1000 id probably still have gone for the experience and that show.

bengals and the lineup made it a must.

On 2/4/2022 at 1:08 AM, GoBengals said:

I am in a bunch of stupid facebook groups, some for game worn buy/sel//trade some for football trash talk, etc..

one common theme ESPECIALLY from KC and SF fans, is "no ones gonna watch this trash superbowl" and "gonna get the worst ratings in a long time!"

Just tell em that we're looking forward to watching their players in the Pro Bowl.

I’ve seen a bit of that but that’s just bitter, silly fans. You’ve got all of Louisiana basically and tons of SEC fans that’ll be tuning in mainly for Joe and Chase. And I guess Whit and OBJ too. All of Michigan watching and a lot of them cheering for Stafford. You know all the AFCN rival fans, which is a large group, will be tuning in mostly praying for our downfall. I think this SB will surprise a lot with the ratings. Especially if it’s a good game. I’d prefer a Bengals blowout victory, but still

1 hour ago, B.A.B. said:

I’ve seen a bit of that but that’s just bitter, silly fans. You’ve got all of Louisiana basically and tons of SEC fans that’ll be tuning in mainly for Joe and Chase. And I guess Whit and OBJ too. All of Michigan watching and a lot of them cheering for Stafford. You know all the AFCN rival fans, which is a large group, will be tuning in mostly praying for our downfall. I think this SB will surprise a lot with the ratings. Especially if it’s a good game. I’d prefer a Bengals blowout victory, but still

long time ago, but Stafford is Georgia Bulldog as well.

5 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I know folks who are rooting against the Rams due to "they're trying to buy a championship"

oooo interesting.....that hadnt crossed my mind, thats an interesting one, more of a baseball and basketball thing you hear often. not untrue in this case. 

11 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

oooo interesting.....that hadnt crossed my mind, thats an interesting one, more of a baseball and basketball thing you hear often. not untrue in this case. 

5 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I know folks who are rooting against the Rams due to "they're trying to buy a championship"

My neighbor is rooting for the Bengals exactly for this reason.  Of course his family had connections to the Rams at one point and may have some negative feelings, but he said they were trying to buy a championship,

16 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

My neighbor is rooting for the Bengals exactly for this reason.  Of course his family had connections to the Rams at one point and may have some negative feelings, but he said they were trying to buy a championship,

I have gone back and re-read the Ram journeys from LA to Anaheim to St Louis and back to Inglewood. 

Carroll Rosenbloom was a sort-of decent fellow—by NFL standards. But after he departed, beginning with his Evita wife, the organization has become an avaricious, sordid, monster…whose owner would slit his mother’s throat for a few more dollars. 

Yes, you could say I don’t care for them much. 

9 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

The nice thing.... even if it works and they DO succeed in capturing the Lombardi, they won't be back.  They've mortgaged their future, and those cows will come home to roost next year.

Cow_5dda71_488999.jpg

We, on the other hand, have no such "event horizon" staring us in the face.  We're already listed in the Vegas books as the 4th-likeliest team to win the Super Bowl NEXT year.  The Rams won't be in the championship mix after next week - we, in all likelihood, will.

So, yeah, I hope Kroenke's wallet doesn't result in the Rams winning - but I'll be booking a flight to Glendale next February and I hope y'all will join me.  The Rams might be there too, but they'll be in Section 326, Rows 16&17.

On 2/4/2022 at 1:23 AM, snarkster said:

May not be the highest-rated ever, but I believe Burrow intrigues enough people to insure it won't be the lowest by any means.

Yep, Joe Burrow's captured the imagination of sports fans everywhere and they'll all want to see what he does next.

Archived