Strange bitter fan response i keep seeing...

On 2/5/2022 at 4:54 PM, Le Tigre said:

I have gone back and re-read the Ram journeys from LA to Anaheim to St Louis and back to Inglewood. 

Carroll Rosenbloom was a sort-of decent fellow—by NFL standards. But after he departed, beginning with his Evita wife, the organization has become an avaricious, sordid, monster…whose owner would slit his mother’s throat for a few more dollars. 

Yes, you could say I don’t care for them much. 

Georgia Frontiere inherited the team when he died in 1979. So far as I know, she owned it until her death in 2008. Who's Evita?

39 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Georgia Frontier Even inherited the team when he died in 1979. So far as I know, she owned it until her death in 2008. Who's Evita?

Like Miss Georgia. Evita was a showgirl that married someone of great means.

Georgia owned the Rams and Evita was Argentina first lady and leading activist.

I thought they made a biopic about her..

55 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Georgia Frontiere inherited the team when he died in 1979. So far as I know, she owned it until her death in 2008. Who's Evita?

Clapton said it succinctly. Evita Peron, American debutant married to Argentina strongman Juan Peron. 

A play on words. 

This will be one of if not the most watched Super Bowl of all time. The Bengals have the best helmets in the league. For many Americans this will be the first time they have seen a Bengals game. They'll love our helmets. They are lovable af.  Jamar Chase is cool af. It is unbelievable how great Chase has been and how he stays so humble and just seems like a cool af dude not full of himself. 

Burrow

America craves underdogs.  Bengals winning would be comparable to the Cubs winning IMO.......

Stafford lovable af too

I got people I aint seen in a decade or more texting me.  Cowboy, Bronco, Buc fans texting me hyped about the Bengals.  Oh oh oh you know they always been my 2nd team they say.

7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

If the NFL Network this evening is any indication: it’s going to be all-Rams/all-the-time. 

We’ll know Aaron Donald’s 3rd grade science projects by Wednesday 

Sickening slanted stuff by a media that looks to get noticed by their thoughts.

Its a LA thing...

Bengals will have their way come Sunday... 

36 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Thats cause Kay has a crush on JB...

Crush on JB?  I thought she had a crush on Jaime?  Or was it the other way around...so confusing  :)

They were gushing on Joe this morning for sure...but that's the only segment I watched...I assumed they did similar for Donald, Stafford, etc., but I dunno.

22 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

This will be one of if not the most watched Super Bowl of all time. The Bengals have the best helmets in the league. For many Americans this will be the first time they have seen a Bengals game. They'll love our helmets. They are lovable af.  Jamar Chase is cool af. It is unbelievable how great Chase has been and how he stays so humble and just seems like a cool af dude not full of himself. 

Burrow

America craves underdogs.  Bengals winning would be comparable to the Cubs winning IMO.......

Stafford lovable af too

I got people I aint seen in a decade or more texting me.  Cowboy, Bronco, Buc fans texting me hyped about the Bengals.  Oh oh oh you know they always been my 2nd team they say.

That was strong..

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

If the NFL Network this evening is any indication: it’s going to be all-Rams/all-the-time. 

We’ll know Aaron Donald’s 3rd grade science projects by Wednesday 

Nothing like sports personalities  sucking up to the Hollywood types.   

Anybody know if they plan to televise/publish/whatever tonight's Bengals Pep Rally? 

I was under the impression that it would be included in the ESPN2 broadcast this evening but obviously not.  Just pathetic glimpses of our pep rally while they showed a bit more of LA's rally live.  I feel sorry for the players in this media circus...especially guys like Burrow who don't get off on the publicity.  Stupid questions, forced narratives, repetitive themes, and captain obvious stuff.

Sunday can't get here soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

16 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Anybody know if they plan to televise/publish/whatever tonight's Bengals Pep Rally? 

I was under the impression that it would be included in the ESPN2 broadcast this evening but obviously not.  Just pathetic glimpses of our pep rally while they showed a bit more of LA's rally live.  I feel sorry for the players in this media circus...especially guys like Burrow who don't get off on the publicity.  Stupid questions, forced narratives, repetitive themes, and captain obvious stuff.

Burrow knows what a douche the media is..

He toys with them and nothing else.

44 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Nothing like sports personalities  sucking up to the Hollywood types.   

Burrow is quite aware of it..

He'll toy with them.

He's aware if the fame game and he's smart enough not to fall for such bullshit.

Kids very aware of what's going on. 

14 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

They showed a few snippets but according to a friend of mine that was there, it was pretty lame. It only lasted an hour and most of what they showed on ESPN was the best parts of it. So he said we didn't miss much. 

1 hour ago, steggyD said:

A record number of bets have been placed on this year's Super Bowl. I think this year's game is going to break some records.

Online sports betting is still in its infancy.   As more States allow it the record will continue to skyrocket.  Add in the States that will soon allow sports books and the amount will be huge. 

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Burrow is quite aware of it..

He'll toy with them.

He's aware if the fame game and he's smart enough not to fall for such bullshit.

Kids very aware of what's going on. 

I was talking more about the radio and TV  personalities like Cowherd and Gottlieb. 

2 hours ago, steggyD said:

A record number of bets have been placed on this year's Super Bowl. I think this year's game is going to break some records.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/08/super-bowl-predicted-to-have-the-hugest-audience-yet-predicthq.html

Super Bowl predicted to have the hugest audience yet — and record bets, too

On 2/4/2022 at 1:08 AM, GoBengals said:

I am in a bunch of stupid facebook groups, some for game worn buy/sel//trade some for football trash talk, etc..

one common theme ESPECIALLY from KC and SF fans, is "no ones gonna watch this trash superbowl" and "gonna get the worst ratings in a long time!"

https://deadline.com/2022/02/super-bowl-viewership-up-rams-win-bengals-nbc-olympics-1234932994/

"The final numbers are in and Super Bowl LVI was a big winner for more than just the Los Angeles Rams.  NBC and the NFL are likely doing cartwheels in the end zone with Sunday’s championship game delivering a whopping 112.3 million viewers.

"It all adds up to the most watched Super Bowl since the 114.4 million who tuned in to NBC for 2015’s game between the wining New England Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks."

Note: The Chiefs-Niners game (2020) and the Chiefs-Bucs game (2021) were after 2015... both had ratings lower than our game on Sunday.  Lol.

The top local market for the Super Bowl was Cincinnati, which held a 46.1/84 rating. Los Angeles did not crack the top 10, delivering a 36.7/77 rating. Check out the rest of the top 10 below:

1. Cincinnati (46.1/84)

2. Detroit (45.9/79)

3. Pittsburgh (45.6/74)

4. Columbus (45.4/80)

5. Kansas City (44.6/76)

6. Milwaukee (44.0/75)

6. Cleveland (44.0/78)

8. Boston (42.6/74)

9. Philadelphia (42.3/71)

10. Jacksonville (41.3/73)

Go definitely is spot on with his analysis.  

Archived