Confused :)

Cincinnati Riverfront entertainment district right next to PBS.  Relatively new, trendy.  My son watched one of the playoff games down there and it was nuts (in a good way).

https://thebankscincy.com/

DORA is an acronym which basically allows for legally drinking outside which is typically prohibited...assuming you purchased an official DORA cup of course.

8 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

The Banks is hosting a watch party in Cincinnati's DORA district

Can someone please explain what this means?   What exactly is considered the banks? Should i bring a fishin pole?

large.11ECF81D-6455-4C1F-B9A5-C319CB52E35F.jpeg

2 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Cincinnati Riverfront entertainment district right next to PBS.  Relatively new, trendy.  My son watched one of the playoff games down there and it was nuts (in a good way).

https://thebankscincy.com/

DORA is an acronym which basically allows for legally drinking outside which is typically prohibited...assuming you purchased an official DORA cup of course.

Do you mean your son went inside of a bar at The Banks to watch the game or do they have jumbo screens outside on the street too? 

Sorry for the hair brain questions. I'm just trying to iron out the details of my plans for the game so I can send them off to be approved by the general (wife),   Thanks much for the help.

2 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Picture which shows a part of The Banks which includes closed off street providing pedestrian only access (several bars/restaurants/shops):

66a0e26e-ea43-426a-a9e5-9d37d84c5e18-032

I was there pre game for the Raiders game and had a blast. Sunday weather looks good.  Bit chilly with temps in high 20s but I am sure it will be fun.  

34 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Do you mean your son went inside of a bar at The Banks to watch the game or do they have jumbo screens outside on the street too? 

Sorry for the hair brain questions. I'm just trying to iron out the details of my plans for the game so I can send them off to be approved by the general (wife),   Thanks much for the help.

i THINK they put a big projector/stage at the end of the street, and show the game there, butted up against great american ballpark

4 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

i THINK they put a big projector/stage at the end of the street, and show the game there, butted up against great american ballpark

You are correct. There may be more for this kind of event. 

There are screens all over the inside of the Holy Grail—but it is nuts to butts packed.

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

He was outside in a huge crowd until the game started (the home game)...ticket holders obviously thinned the crowd at that point, but he still needed to wait in a line to actually get into a place (1st/2nd quarter).  He couldn't get into the Holy Grail (too crowded/soldout), but got into one of the other places next door.  They do have outdoor screen(s), table tops, porta-potties, etc outside, but that would get "interesting" in the cold IMHO.

This is great news for me!   I had "defensively" booked a room at the AC Hotel - same place I stayed at for the Chiefs' game and that's practically impossible to get into during the season.  The rate was $160.....  cheapest room on Sunday night is now more than twice that and I've seen them ask (and get) $600+ on high-demand days.

I was thinking of canceling, since all my Columbus and Dayton buds are staying put in Columbus and Dayton, and while it may have been, errr, "fun" to sardine myself into the Grail, even with there being thousands of Bengal fans everywhere, not knowing any of them kinda makes is a drag.  But with the DORA opening up, one doesn't need to squeeze themselves into a bar to enjoy the evening.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/events-to-celebrate-bengals-ahead-of-super-bowl/39005137

"Newport On The Levee will host its own watch party. Fans can also catch it on the LED screen at The Banks."

I'm with Go on this one - I think this means they will be setting up Freedom Way at an open watch area with a screen set up at the junction with Joe Nuxhall Way.  I expect Nuxhall will be kept open to vehicles, at least one lane each way, since there's no way for the only adjacent hotel (the AC) to get patrons in otherwise without redirecting them down to 52 along the riverbank.  Guess we'll have to keep an eye on any announcements coming out of the City about details.

Anyway - looks like I'll be keeping my room now and I'll see if any of my girlfriends want to go.  Let me know if any of y'all are gonna head down.

51 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

He was outside in a huge crowd until the game started (the home game)...ticket holders obviously thinned the crowd at that point, but he still needed to wait in a line to actually get into a place (1st/2nd quarter).  He couldn't get into the Holy Grail (too crowded/soldout), but got into one of the other places next door.  They do have outdoor screen(s), table tops, porta-potties, etc outside, but that would get "interesting" in the cold IMHO.

Awesome. 

Hey do you guys think that if the Bengals win that people will be out flipping cars over and stuff?    If you were going to the banks where would you park in order to avoid any shenanigans?

12 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Awesome. 

Hey do you guys think that if the Bengals win that people will be out flipping cars over and stuff?    If you were going to the banks where would you park in order to avoid any shenanigans?

I certainly hope not.  Cincinnati isn’t Detoit!

5 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Awesome. 

Frankly, even if you're unworried about that stuff, I might just park in the County Garage on the KY side of the suspension bridge and just walk over to the Banks from there.  It's an easy walk, parking is like $5 or $10 (versus 4-5x that in downtown) and it's a lot less likely to be involved in shenanigans over there.

Archived