Random 2022 Stuff

12 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

:lol:

Truthfully I wish Brother Bob would sell the team..

He has no interest in building even a remotely decent team..

Team is trying to throw a bandaid bunch together and thats it..

Ive tried to add solid tidbits to their off-season in Reds section here but there hasn't been a damn nugget at all yet..

They look to be a team thatll lose 100 games this season.. 

Real sad..

5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Truthfully I wish Brother Bob would sell the team..

He has no interest in building even a remotely decent team..

Team is trying to throw a bandaid bunch together and thats it..

They look to be a team thatll lose 100 games this season.. 

Real sad..

I hear you. MLB has our farm system #15 so best we can hope for in the future is average. It's sad. 

20 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I hear you. MLB has our farm system #15 so best we can hope for in the future is average. It's sad. 

Worse.  Any good player will leave as soon as they can to get paid.  Small market teams are still screwed in MLB. 

I know all the blah, blah about how salary caps end up hurting players, (a few millons less) but they improve the quality of the product and allow smaller market teams to compete.  As far as I'm concerned the MLBPA is as much responsible for the degradation of baseball as the owners.  In my childhood baseball was by far the top sport in the nation.  Now it's #3 and dropping.  Outside of watching box scores I barely pay attention.  Watching games is brutal. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Worse.  Any good player will leave as soon as they can to get paid.  Small market teams are still screwed in MLB. 

I know all the blah, blah about how salary caps end up hurting players, (a few millons less) but they improve the quality of the product and allow smaller market teams to compete.  As far as I'm concerned the MLBPA is as much responsible for the degradation of baseball as the owners.  In my childhood baseball was by far the top sport in the nation.  Now it's #3 and dropping.  Outside of watching box scores I barely pay attention.  Watching games is brutal. 

You will get no argument from me on that. I have long been an advocate for a salary cap and not this luxury tax bs in baseball. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

You will get no argument from me on that. I have long been an advocate for a salary cap and not this luxury tax bs in baseball. 

The Luxury Tax used to have some effect (comparatively). Don’t ask me to give the full breakdown, but it essentially was actually a little more than a “tax”—it was a de facto “fine”. 

The new “agreement” re-defined the “tax” back to an actual “tax” (even though it is still not governmentally regulated). Owners are no longer gun-shy with this arrangement, so are breaching it without hesitation (see Castellanos with Philadelphia for example). 

On 4/5/2022 at 8:17 PM, Cricket said:

…which is how many people felt about the Bengals last year.  😎

[But you’re right.] 🙁

No kidding,  the equivalent would be trading away Chase and Burrow and expecting to do well.  

I thought they did a nice job in '94, that was when the big shoulder pads were still in use though. It'd be interesting to see that vintage look on a player today. That mockup of Burrow is pretty sick tho.

gettyimages-81875384-612x612.jpg

Archived