Random 2022 Stuff

1 hour ago, Griever said:

I thought they did a nice job in '94, that was when the big shoulder pads were still in use though. It'd be interesting to see that vintage look on a player today. That mockup of Burrow is pretty sick tho.

gettyimages-81875384-612x612.jpg

I was at that game. The one and only post-stripes game they used them. 

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I wonder if the team will do the White Tiger helmet this year for any games ? 

zww2

Any fan that wouldn't want  the. shot of the Prince of the league hanging in their den is missing out. 

We may never see another like this masterful player .

You know it.

12 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I wonder if the team will do the White Tiger helmet this year for any games ? 

zww2

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see an announcement about alternate helmets. The white version of our striped helmet would look so good with our white unis. The downside of course is being called zebras but white tigers are a thing. Not for nothing but I have seriously warmed up to the idea of throwbacks the more mocks I see. I know some people liken them to the Browns but damn it, those are still our heritage.

Screen_Shot_2021_06_24_at_3.31.07_PM.0.jpeg

iidhd2rl0ne81.jpg

td_IFo9GjOOWE3dZTe-MG9QVD24sMKX13ASZdf8oseo.jpg

Anyone know if Burrow is going to keep wearing the brace thing that keeps his legs from twisting at the knee? I used to wear an air splint when I played on my ankle. It was plastic and would keep my ankle from rolling over. One of my ankles would do it all the time for some reason since I screwed it up in PE in 7th grade. It still does, and when playing flag football with my work team I bought myself one.

But does anyone know if he's so comfortable with it like I was with my ankle air cast/brace that he will just continue playing with it?

7 hours ago, Gary said:

Anyone know if Burrow is going to keep wearing the brace thing

Considering he's superstitious and wears one sock inside and out because he always has, maybe he thinks the brace is good luck at this point (took the team to the Super Bowl). 

But I would guess he wears it for another year at least, if not permanently. 

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

He's said he doesn't like the brace. 

I wont be surprised if he takes it off, but I wont be surprised if he keeps it on either.

Ahh that sucks if he does. I LOVE my aircast. It just feels wrong when not wearing it when I play football/softball/baseball, like in a car without a seatbelt. I feel naked without it. I played half of my first season of flag football without one and injured myself and had to stay on the sidelines two weeks while it healed. After it healed and I had the cast it never happened again in 4 more seasons until we had to stop playing because of covid. 

Report: Apple is “likely” landing Sunday Ticket

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/18/report-apple-is-likely-landing-sunday-ticket/

Apple is about to take a, well, something out of the NFL’s rights portfolio.

The tech behemoth reportedly has emerged as the favorite to land the NFL’s Sunday Ticket package, according to Matthew Belloni of PUCK.news, via Sports Business Journal. An unnamed source told Belloni that the deal is actually done, and that it’s being kept under wraps at Apple’s request.

The price could land in the range of $2.5 billion per year. And the deal would bring Apple within the NFL’s broader broadcast-partner tent. Belloni writes that the league “likes spreading its rights around so everyone is invested in its success.” (Some would phrase that a little differently.)

DirecTV holds the Sunday Ticket rights through 2022. We’ve previously heard that the winner of the Sunday Ticket package possibly would be able to sell a sliver of the satellite rights, either to people in areas that lack high-speed Internet access or to bars.

56 minutes ago, Griever said:

Report: Apple is “likely” landing Sunday Ticket

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/18/report-apple-is-likely-landing-sunday-ticket/

Apple is about to take a, well, something out of the NFL’s rights portfolio.

The tech behemoth reportedly has emerged as the favorite to land the NFL’s Sunday Ticket package, according to Matthew Belloni of PUCK.news, via Sports Business Journal. An unnamed source told Belloni that the deal is actually done, and that it’s being kept under wraps at Apple’s request.

The price could land in the range of $2.5 billion per year. And the deal would bring Apple within the NFL’s broader broadcast-partner tent. Belloni writes that the league “likes spreading its rights around so everyone is invested in its success.” (Some would phrase that a little differently.)

DirecTV holds the Sunday Ticket rights through 2022. We’ve previously heard that the winner of the Sunday Ticket package possibly would be able to sell a sliver of the satellite rights, either to people in areas that lack high-speed Internet access or to bars.

Am I the only one that got a third of the way through this before realizing they weren’t talking about Eli Apple?  :shrug: 

It just wasn’t making any sense…

On 4/16/2022 at 8:17 PM, Gary said:

Anyone know if Burrow is going to keep wearing the brace thing that keeps his legs from twisting at the knee? I used to wear an air splint when I played on my ankle. It was plastic and would keep my ankle from rolling over. One of my ankles would do it all the time for some reason since I screwed it up in PE in 7th grade. It still does, and when playing flag football with my work team I bought myself one.

But does anyone know if he's so comfortable with it like I was with my ankle air cast/brace that he will just continue playing with it?

You probably have a torn ligament in your ankle.  I do.  They rarely fix those except for serious athletes.  Joe's knee is fixed structurally.  His need for a brace is for caution and self confidence. 

On 4/20/2022 at 10:26 AM, UncleEarl said:

You probably have a torn ligament in your ankle.  I do.  They rarely fix those except for serious athletes.  Joe's knee is fixed structurally.  His need for a brace is for caution and self confidence. 

Yah I never had surgery. I was just a high school athlete though and it was only baseball (played for Elk Grove High, other sports were just for fun). I got my injury playing basketball during PE in the 7th grade. I landed on a foot and rolled my ankle. It was bad for about a month or so and anytime I would play baseball or football or even basketball my brace would go on.. 

When I played flag football 30 years later I re-injured my ankle without rolling over, but it felt the same so I bought a new air splint/cast thing and took a couple weeks off and since then I was able to play 4 or 5 more seasons before covid hit and we had to end the work football and softball leagues since the place that hosted it shut down. Since then I haven't had problems with it. I probably wouldn't have ever had problems playing only softball. Only when playing flag football did I re-injur my ankle. 

Archived