Random 2022 Stuff

1 minute ago, membengal said:

Rumors are the Saints game will be in London so...that will  increase travel if so.

Damn, that is right. I always hope our away games are in domes towards the end of the year but that would definitely ruin that plan.

BTW:. If you are a Season Ticket holder, the Bengals are currently opening all available seats for upgrades this week and next prior to exposing everything to the crush of new account holders following our Super Bowl run.  If it's anything like 1989, it may be several seasons before demand relaxes enough to make decent upgradable seats available again, so I would encourage you to look at your options now while you have them.

As for our account, we made a minor adjustment to our location in 104, moving forward a few rows, which will hopefully get us away from the StubHub "Fans du Jour" who kept appearing in the seats immediately adjacent to ours, and putting us more squarely into an area with established long-term holders (like us) and where the team has traditionally placed players' family members. I met Mama Apple last year.  :)

Screenshot_20220418-222019.jpg

I expect we'll be in Row 14 for the next decade. GO, you're in 106... which row?

8 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Well... Munich and Cincinnati are "Sister Cities", so maybe we play against Tampa Brady in Deutschland instead and still fill the SuperDuperDome with Stripes, too.

Sister cities ..

Both beer towns at one time.

I miss all those old Nati beers.

8 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

BTW:. If you are a Season Ticket holder, the Bengals are currently opening all available seats for upgrades this week and next prior to exposing everything to the crush of new account holders following our Super Bowl run.  If it's anything like 1989, it may be several seasons before demand relaxes enough to make decent upgradable seats available again, so I would encourage you to look at your options now while you have them.

As for our account, we made a minor adjustment to our location in 104, moving forward a few rows, which will hopefully get us away from the StubHub "Fans du Jour" who kept appearing in the seats immediately adjacent to ours, and putting us more squarely into an area with established long-term holders (like us) and where the team has traditionally placed players' family members. I met Mama Apple last year.  :)

Screenshot_20220418-222019.jpg

I expect we'll be in Row 14 for the next decade. GO, you're in 106... which row?

Please don’t forget another doubleplusgood extra for the move: 

Being more in the middle, reduces the traffic in front of us from those who arrive late in the first quarter, jockey non-stop to the concessions, and have to pee every two minutes. 

12 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Please don’t forget another doubleplusgood extra for the move: 

Being more in the middle, reduces the traffic in front of us from those who arrive late in the first quarter, jockey non-stop to the concessions, and have to pee every two minutes. 

I prefer my end seat because I have to pee every two minutes.

OT Observation... last season I was surprised to see the number of people bringing very young children to the game (ref frequent trips to the restroom and/or concession stand:popcorn:).  I couldn't help but thinking of the big bucks they put out for those seats and the whippersnappers were too young and completely oblivious to what was going on.

Carry on...

20 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I prefer my end seat because I have to pee every two minutes.

OT Observation... last season I was surprised to see the number of people bringing very young children to the game (ref frequent trips to the restroom and/or concession stand:popcorn:).  I couldn't help but thinking of the big bucks they put out for those seats and the whippersnappers were too young and completely oblivious to what was going on.

Carry on...

Noticed that as well. 

End seats are ultimately preferable. It is easier to simply stand into the row and allow traffic to pass. A quarter ways in—where we were prior to move—was always up/down, and tight with bodies trying to squeeze by. PBS is better than Riverfront was that way, but still a challenge. 

And those beverage holders—while a nice feature—are angled such that invariably, the passer-by will knock the beverage to the floor. Another challenge. 

Just the life and times of in-Stadium attendance. 

41 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Back before TC, no big deal. 

And who is that blabbermouth with the “reasons the Bengals may not make the playoffs”? 

I didn’t bother to listen. This type of squawking head will be rampant for the foreseeable future.

Agreed. In mainstream pundits eyes, it appears as though everything the Bengals achieved last year was in fact...overachieving. As if they experienced just enough "luck" to get to the superbowl. And no offense to Buffalo or their QB, but it also appears that the Bills/Allen are already crowned AFC Champions. We'll see.

2 hours ago, Griever said:

That was announced a while ago, the speculation on her hosting an Amazon pre-game is new, I had thought Apple had taken the lead on that?

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

That was announced a while ago, the speculation on her hosting an Amazon pre-game is new, I had thought Apple had taken the lead on that?

Hmmm good question...so it's really confusing with all the streaming services getting into the mix. Amazon will have every TNF game, but Apple is rumored to have a deal for Sunday Ticket in hand? Idk if I have that right but it sounds like maybe Kay will be the face of the pregame/postgame on TNF?

1 minute ago, Griever said:

Hmmm good question...so it's really confusing with all the streaming services getting into the mix. Amazon will have every TNF game, but Apple is rumored to have a deal for Sunday Ticket in hand? Idk if I have that right but it sounds like maybe Kay will be the face of the pregame/postgame on TNF?

No idea myself

Archived