Random 2022 Stuff

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Very sad. He was forgotten as an NFL QB, but the man was an amazing golfer. He set course records at a local country club for amateurs…and still was winning titles when he was late into his ‘60’s. 

RIP.

14 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Very sad. He was forgotten as an NFL QB, but the man was an amazing golfer. He set course records at a local country club for amateurs…and still was winning titles when he was late into his ‘60’s. 

RIP.

Stofa,, Dewey Warren and Sam Wyche were the QBs that year..

They all played some..

Wyche went on to backup Virgil Carter then Greg Cook..

19 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

RIP.

John Stofa actually quarterbacked the Bengals to their firsts win ever.  Opening game of the new franchise against Denver.

The greatness of JB is yet to come.

We saw a glimmer before he was injured.

We saw him comeback from it to lead his team to the Super Bowl..(damn you Aaron Donald!) showing his masterful skills of magic .

Now he has an oline to give him the time to dissect any defensive schemes they throw at him..

Hes smarter than most DCs ..

I think of all the intangibles that go into

a complete package of a leader as a QB and he's beyond that..

Much beyond that..

16 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Wash your mouth out with soap for spoling the great rattler nickname!!

I’m sure that HSH was just adding to the list of iconic NFL nicknames…and in no way was associating “The Rapist” with “The Rattler” or any other player.

We all know who “The Rapist” is.  

10 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

My response was too short. I know the Rapist was not referring to our former star. I was referring to typing the Rapist nickname in the same thread box as the Rattler. 

All good

…sorry that I mistook your post.  🙁

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Jumped 6 teams in 1 season. Next year after 3-4 more playoff wins, will jump about 8 more ...

278551589-503560094609159-5034930586363127576-n

Not gonna lie, when I see graphics like this I'm always glad when they use the Bengal tiger logo lol

Um...wow. I've only been to Paul Brown once like three years ago but jeez. I thought it was fine??? Side note, not sure what prompted the shot at Riverfront but I guess I can chalk that up to Florio being the Bengal-hater that he is.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/27/study-shows-paul-brown-stadium-needs-nearly-500-million-in-upgrades-over-the-next-20-years/

Study shows Paul Brown Stadium needs nearly $500 million in upgrades over the next 20 years

"The Bengals won’t be looking for taxpayer money to replace their home stadium. They eventually could be looking for taxpayer money to upgrade their stadium.

Via the Cincinnati Business Courier, a study has found that Paul Brown Stadium needs $493.7 million in upgrades over the next 20 years. Neither Hamilton County nor the Bengals have endorsed the study, yet. There’s no intention or plan to build a new stadium.

The team’s lease at the stadium runs through 2026. Whether and to what extent the upgrades are made, and whether and to what extent the Bengals pay for the upgrades, is to be determined.

The venue opened in 2000, replacing Riverfront Stadium. It was one of several multi-purpose venues that looked like oversized ashtrays."

25 minutes ago, Griever said:

Um...wow. I've only been to Paul Brown once like three years ago but jeez. I thought it was fine??? Side note, not sure what prompted the shot at Riverfront but I guess I can chalk that up to Florio being the Bengal-hater that he is.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/27/study-shows-paul-brown-stadium-needs-nearly-500-million-in-upgrades-over-the-next-20-years/

Study shows Paul Brown Stadium needs nearly $500 million in upgrades over the next 20 years

"The Bengals won’t be looking for taxpayer money to replace their home stadium. They eventually could be looking for taxpayer money to upgrade their stadium.

Via the Cincinnati Business Courier, a study has found that Paul Brown Stadium needs $493.7 million in upgrades over the next 20 years. Neither Hamilton County nor the Bengals have endorsed the study, yet. There’s no intention or plan to build a new stadium.

The team’s lease at the stadium runs through 2026. Whether and to what extent the upgrades are made, and whether and to what extent the Bengals pay for the upgrades, is to be determined.

The venue opened in 2000, replacing Riverfront Stadium. It was one of several multi-purpose venues that looked like oversized ashtrays."

That’s just to upgrade the TV monitors.

Inflation is a bitch. 🥷

7 hours ago, Griever said:

The seats at Riverfront were at a steeper angle so your view of the field was not obscured when some troglodyte that had never been to a game before three rows down stood up for some nothing reason your view was not obscured.

The rest rooms at PBS are more plentiful than the piss poor ones at Riverfront but there could still be more.

Archived