Random 2022 Stuff

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

that hat is dope, any idea where to find it?

Thought the same thing. I can only seem to find this variation of it, decent price though:

https://www.lids.com/nfl-cincinnati-bengals/cincinnati-bengals-new-era-2022-nfl-draft-39thirty-flex-hat-black/orange/o-2416+t-58930282+p-60717399553+z-9-3155693831?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r1c1:po-4

On 5/23/2022 at 10:17 PM, BlackJesus said:

For those other teams fans that say the Bengals got lucky ...

IMG_20220523_221320.jpg

Anyone discounting what this team did last season is 100% certified hater.  

I will say that most seem to have JB ranked up there with the Brady/Rogers/Mahomes elite level of QB (how could you not?) but that doesn't mean they have to like it.

32 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Anyone discounting what this team did last season is 100% certified hater.  

I will say that most seem to have JB ranked up there with the Brady/Rogers/Mahomes elite level of QB (how could you not?) but that doesn't mean they have to like it.

Romo must have stated it 50 times in the AFC Championship Game that what we are seeing from the Bengals is legitimate and no fluke, that this is who and what they are.

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I also love anything with the original tiger on it ...

IMG_20220525_230342.jpg

Agreed.

If I had unlimited cash I'd make a light jacket with that on the chest and Cincinnati Bengals  Est 1968 under it. Put the original helmet on the left sleeve and see how well it went over.

And I still can't believe they never wear the original unis as throwbacks, it's just a shame.

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Tks for sharing.

With players like Socko Weithe (sp) and Tuffy Dwyer it was a whole team of glass eaters.

BTW, the team was only around a few years.

I think THOSE should be the retro uniforms the Bengals wear a couple times a year

no :ninja:.

I'm passing that along to Pumpkin :wub: when I see her.

I had no idea there was a prior Bengals franchise either, until I was in a downtown Cincinnati bar years ago. I saw a old pennant, with the inscription "Bengals". Next to it, was the tiger head you see on the players' uniforms. I was curious, so poked around a little bit. Came to find out, this team is even mentioned at the Hall of Fame (along with the others in that short-lived league). 

From Wiki:

American Football League (1936)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

American Football League (1936)
Sport American Professional Football
Founded 1935
First Season 1936
Last Season 1937
Claim to Fame 2nd competitor of National Football League
No. of teams 8
Last champions Boston Shamrocks (1936)
Los Angeles Bulldogs (1937)
Disbanded 1937

The American Football League (AFL) was a professional American football league that operated in 1936 and 1937. The AFL operated in direct competition with the more established National Football League (NFL) throughout its existence.[1] While the American media generally ignored its operation (often relegating game coverage to "page filler" status), this second AFL was the first "home" of the Cleveland Rams, which joined the National Football League after one year in the AFL.[1]

Cincinnati Bengals. Not related to the current NFL franchise, the Bengals joined the AFL for the 1937 season. Playing at Crosley Field, the team was a steady draw despite the team having a losing record. When the league folded at the end of the year, the Bengals continued as an independent team for 1938, joined the short-lived minor American Professional Football Association for 1939, and became a charter member of the third AFL in 1940. Hal Pennington was the team's originator; he was also the first head coach and general manager of the Bengals.[7] 

There was a second attempt at getting the alternate league going in 1940. The Bengals were in that league too (along with the long-forgotten league champion Columbus Bullies). It didn't last long--WWII had something to say for that. 

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/2005/01/news-american-football-league-1940-41/

A view from Crosley in the second attempt year

The 1937 Cincinnati Bengals, in dark jerseys, attempted to block the game-tying field goal by the New York Yankees at Crosley Field.

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

With players like Socko Weithe (sp) and Tuffy Dwyer it was a whole team of glass eaters.

BTW, the team was only around a few years.

I think THOSE should be the retro uniforms the Bengals wear a couple times a year

no :ninja:.

I'm passing that along to Pumpkin :wub: when I see her.

Wearing those retros would be awesome imo.

Lets use present day helmets though..😎

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I  felt the same about Sewell..

Im very happy I was wrong as well..

Ditto but there's a lot of 20/20 hindsight involved.  We were all looking at them as equivalent value players more or less, and a franchise QB with a shredded knee was a big part of that equation.

At this point I think it's fair to say Chase is a far better WR than Sewell is an LT. 

Archived