Random 2022 Stuff

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I guess no one wants to say it?  Brady in NE. Only other modern example I can think of, though the McNabb-less Eagles kind of went to hell without him they weren't historically awful before he got there.  Parcells deserve some credit for changing how the Pats operated, like Marvin did here, and ZT as well for fundamentals and not always out-thinking himself.

Both places it's really been the QB setting a new tone. 

So yeah I get a lil heated when we can't keep that guy off the turf.

I do think that's the fairest comparison one could make but they'd still been to a SB with Bledsoe like what, 5 years beforehand?  Some might even argue it was Bledsoe that got them out of "doormat" status in the early 90's. 

Now that I think of it Palmer in '05 might be a fair comparison - which is why I, like you, can't stand to see JB potentially end up like Palmer and get eaten up by poor management (although I think we'd all agree it wasn't incredible leadership /competitiveness on Palmer's part that made the Bengals a contender).  For now we can only be happy things aren't operating anything like the past and it seems they're doing what it takes to protect this gift we've been given.

20 hours ago, Griever said:

Thought this was a cool looking promo

They should play this every time Joe Brrr walks on to the field (and you are welcome for the earworm) :

2 hours ago, gupps said:

They should play this every time Joe Brrr walks on to the field (and you are welcome for the earworm) :

Haha I used to watch this movie when I was kid every Christmas

This may have already been posted here as this news was on 6/2, found this interesting due to the turf implications at PBS.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/06/02/county-commissioners-vote-10m-stadium-upgrades-needed-world-cup-bid/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=wxix

"One of the changes is to rip up the artificial turf and install natural grass. Aluotto said after the games, it would be up the Bengals if they wanted to keep the natural turf or return to the synthetic playing surface."

The World Cup is a big fucking deal. The amount of dough coming in for those matches—in terms of attendance and television—is enormous. No wonder the County gave a quick thumbs up. 

The issue of “synthetic” (field turf) versus real grass, is going to be a major factor in the decision FIFA makes as to host cites. Most of the WC players come from leagues where real grass pitches are not only the norm, but demanded. In order to be in the competition, PBS will have to have real grass. 

If they go that route, the Bengals should imo demand field turf go back down. PBS had grass back in its first few years, and it didn’t work out well. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The World Cup is a big fucking deal. The amount of dough coming in for those matches—in terms of attendance and television—is enormous. No wonder the County gave a quick thumbs up. 

The issue of “synthetic” (field turf) versus real grass, is going to be a major factor in the decision FIFA makes as to host cites. Most of the WC players come from leagues where real grass pitches are not only the norm, but demanded. In order to be in the competition, PBS will have to have real grass. 

If they go that route, the Bengals should imo demand field turf go back down. PBS had grass back in its first few years, and it didn’t work out well. 

I vaguely remember this, that was back when they had that weird tiger stripe pattern but with a green background in the end zones right?

For whatever reason I always think of the Bengals as being an artificial turf team if that makes any sense. Visions of that light green turf at Riverfront with the Bengals helmet at midfield.

gKYaNMS_d.webp

Archived