Random 2022 Stuff

On 6/17/2022 at 11:42 PM, GoBengals said:

they dont really know eachother much, in the mic'd up superbowl thing someone asks joe if he knows OBJ and he says something like "a little he came to LSU games, but thats about it"

Wasn't OBJ passing out cash in the locker room to Burrow and others after the National Championship game?  🤣  Am I right remembering that it got him banned from the LSU locker room or something?

17 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20220619_192712.jpgIMG_20220619_192722.jpgIMG_20220619_192732.jpgIMG_20220619_192740.jpg

I would have done that if hubby wasn't a Browns fan.

Funny story-When we went to our priest for pre-Cana counseling, it was 1989 and our priest had season tickets and had gone to the Super Bowl. Hubby wore his Browns jacket and our priest said and I quote, "I have no use for the Cleveland Browns or their fans."

Hubby never did like him after that. 

5 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

I would have done that if hubby wasn't a Browns fan.

Funny story-When we went to our priest for pre-Cana counseling, it was 1989 and our priest had season tickets and had gone to the Super Bowl. Hubby wore his Browns jacket and our priest said and I quote, "I have no use for the Cleveland Browns or their fans."

Hubby never did like him after that. 

That's hilarious!  On the other hand a pretty crappy thing for a priest to say.  So funny that you have to go to a guy who is celibate and can never marry for marriage advise.  (I had to do it too.  Money grab.)

16 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Wasn't OBJ passing out cash in the locker room to Burrow and others after the National Championship game?  🤣  Am I right remembering that it got him banned from the LSU locker room or something?

I don't remember the locker room banning but yes he was handing out cash on the field the cameras were showing him do it lol

Trae Waynes: In my head, I’m done playing

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/20/trae-waynes-in-my-head-im-done-playing/

Cornerback Trae Waynes has not signed with a team for the 2022 season and it doesn’t sound like that’s going to change.

During an appearance on the Geary & Stein Sports Show, Waynes was asked about his plans for the 2022 season. The 11th overall pick of the 2015 draft didn’t say there was no chance that he’d play again, but he said that he considers himself to be retired.

“I mean it’s open but I’m not really exploring anything to be honest with you,” Waynes said. “Multiple teams have actually called, but in my head I’m done. I’m not officially doing it, I’d say, just because I don’t do that shit. I’m retired, but it’s not like I announced it or anything.”

Waynes was drafted by the Vikings and spent five seasons playing for the team before signing with the Bengals in 2020. He missed that year with a pectoral injury and only played five games last year because of a hamstring injury. He was released by the Bengals earlier this year.

Waynes said he “almost went to Philly” to play for former Vikings assistant and current Eagles defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon after being cut, but didn’t because he felt “ready to be done.” Waynes said he always wanted to walk away on his own terms and that “all the stuff happening with these former players, it kind of makes you nervous” about the life he’d be able to have outside of football if he kept playing.

Waynes had 259 tackles, seven interceptions, a sack, two forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery in 74 regular season games. He also had 12 tackles and an interception in five playoff games with Minnesota.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I don't remember the locker room banning but yes he was handing out cash on the field the cameras were showing him do it lol

I had to find out.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/odell-beckham-jr-lsu-ban/95-9e7a2478-781b-4575-9a89-592ea3ead7c5

Report: Odell Beckham Jr. banned from LSU for 2 years for handing out cash to players

According to Sports Illustrated, Cleveland Browns receiver Odell Beckham Jr. has been banned from LSU's facilities for handing out cash to players in January.

12 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I had to find out.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/odell-beckham-jr-lsu-ban/95-9e7a2478-781b-4575-9a89-592ea3ead7c5

Report: Odell Beckham Jr. banned from LSU for 2 years for handing out cash to players

According to Sports Illustrated, Cleveland Browns receiver Odell Beckham Jr. has been banned from LSU's facilities for handing out cash to players in January.

He is NOT banned from giving out money in MY house…

…just sayin’

😎

Archived