Random 2022 Stuff

1 hour ago, membengal said:

#1 individual performance game for me in Bengals history - ahead of the Corey Dillon record game against the Broncos. The stakes were just so high and Chase just kept making massive plays. 

I remember Dillon's game, and I agree only because if you do it when the game means something it makes it a bigger deal.

The Athletic has an article today on the top 40 under 40 in the NFL - coaches, agents, front office:

https://theathletic.com/3360579/2022/06/28/nfl-under-40-coaches-execs-agents/

Zac Taylor and OC Callahan are both in there as well as:

Other front office roles

Elizabeth Blackburn, Bengals director of strategy and engagement | Age: 29

The Bengals are, at their core, a family business. So it was probably only a matter of time before Blackburn found herself working alongside her parents, Bengals executives Katie and Troy Blackburn, and grandfather, team owner Mike Brown.

But Blackburn didn’t want to take a job with the team until she knew she had the external business and management experience necessary to add new value.

That moment came in early 2020, after nearly six years working in corporate consulting and strategic management (and completing a rotational training program at the NFL office). She returned to Cincinnati right before Joe Burrow arrived as the No. 1 pick.

Since then, Blackburn has contributed to the launch of a Ring of Honor at Paul Brown Stadium and to a uniform redesign. She also helped manage a digital content team that finished in the top of the NFL in engagement rates the past two seasons.

“Timing can be everything, and I knew that the franchise and organization was entering into a pivotal chapter,” Blackburn told The Athletic earlier this month. “I thought I had hopefully done enough to have skills to apply on the business side, and I knew I had the energy and passion to come home and be part of this era of Bengals history.”

Archived