Random 2022 Stuff

So with Joe Goodberry's tweet abou them only being allowed to wear that helmet with a specific uniform, like color rush or throwbacks, are we expecting a whole new special type of uniform to wear them with?

It's awesome to see this but it feels like a bit of a cock tease, show me the whole thing lol

25 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

So with Joe Goodberry's tweet abou them only being allowed to wear that helmet with a specific uniform, like color rush or throwbacks, are we expecting a whole new special type of uniform to wear them with?

It's awesome to see this but it feels like a bit of a cock tease, show me the whole thing lol

I'm intrigued by this as well. Will they bring back that original black and white color rush for use with this helmet?

On 7/13/2022 at 3:42 PM, BengalBuck said:

Something I never thought I would see. Sounds like a potential clusterF.

yea they better ease into it slow or shits gonna be wild. could you imagine fans running on the field to fuck u a play to save their bet? 

On 7/13/2022 at 5:06 PM, BlackJesus said:

Some on twitter are sharing this inverted helmets pic, but I don't think this is the Bengals as Riddell name wouldn't be there ... 

IMG_20220713_181435.jpg

looks like a rack used at a mass autograph signing.

20 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I know that NHL teams are considering putting sports books in their arenas.  Even having them open when there are no games is possible.

now thats something i hadnt considered. thats kind of tacky, lets not do that.

9 hours ago, Griever said:

Looking like you are right Go

Report: Apple the “most likely” winner of Sunday Ticket rights, at possibly $3 billion per year

Posted by Mike Florio on July 14, 2022, 1:31 AM EDT

Sunday Ticket could end up being the biggest ticket in the NFL’s broadcasting rights portfolio.

Dylan Byers of Puck News reports that the price for the out-of-market package could spike to as much as $3 billion per year.

The report also pegs Apple as the “most likely” winner of the Sunday Ticket rights. Other finalists are Disney and Amazon.

Sunday Ticket allows fans to watch out-of-market games, at a cost in the range of $300 per season. CNBC has reported that the NFL’s deals with Fox and CBS prevent the Sunday Ticket package from being sold for considerably less than that amount.

Fans have been craving a shift from satellite-based DirecTV to a streaming product. It’s possible that the winner of the rights will be able to carve out satellite rights for consumers in rural areas that lack high-speed Internet access. The availability of the Sunday Ticket package for bars and restaurants also could be an issue, since they traditionally rely on satellite signals.

yea apple lifted up the couch they were about to throw in a dumpster, shook it, and 3 billion fell out so they figured fuck it lets own the nfl game rights.

9 hours ago, High School Harry said:

*snip*

What's that noise?

Why, it's the sound of my cable being cut.

man ive been saying that, ive had it with football and the sunday ticket app, but nuggets without a lame vpn setup i cant do that way so i do DTV streaming for the nuggets network, i dont do sunday ticket via that tho. cheaper on the student plan. but i would LOVE to cut any type of cable service.

13 hours ago, GoBengals said:

now thats something i hadnt considered. thats kind of tacky, lets not do that.

Unlike the NFL, NHL franchises often struggle to be profitable on an annual basis.  They are looking for every revenue stream they can find. 

My experience at NHL games is that they aren't as rage fueled as the past several NFL games I've attended have been.  I've had fights in my section of the last three NFL games I've attended live.  Frankly, it's why I don't go.  (That and I no longer live  in Cincinnati)  You get the occasional drunk, "wants to fight" fan at a NHL game, but it's not like the NFL in my experience.  I know here in Raleigh they would like to create a sports book/sports bar as part of the arena, but the legislature torpedoed sports betting at the last minute a few weeks ago. 

18 hours ago, GoBengals said:

yea apple lifted up the couch they were about to throw in a dumpster, shook it, and 3 billion fell out so they figured fuck it lets own the nfl game rights.

😆 It's funny because it probably wasn't far from the corporate finance equivalent of that.  Maybe some of the money from when Dark Winds gets #cancelled.

man ive been saying that, ive had it with football and the sunday ticket app, but nuggets without a lame vpn setup i cant do that way so i do DTV streaming for the nuggets network, i dont do sunday ticket via that tho. cheaper on the student plan. but i would LOVE to cut any type of cable service.

Haven't had cable in years and never have too much trouble finding games I want to watch in any sport.  Yarrr, matey.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

😆 It's funny because it probably wasn't far from the corporate finance equivalent of that.  Maybe some of the money from when Dark Winds gets #cancelled.

Haven't had cable in years and never have too much trouble finding games I want to watch in any sport.  Yarrr, matey.

I LOL'ed

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Frankly I'd bet he went straight to a Penn Station first

Actually I read somewhere that he went to First Watch restaurant downtown...he said the waitress/server was too young to remember his name, but suggested that when he was done (tip?) that she'd never forget him.  Chad is a good dude.  I'm guessing he'll be going to PS or McDonald's for dinner though.  :)

20 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Actually I read somewhere that he went to First Watch restaurant downtown...he said the waitress/server was too young to remember his name, but suggested that when he was done (tip?) that she'd never forget him.  Chad is a good dude.  I'm guessing he'll be going to PS or McDonald's for dinner though.  :)

First Watch is a solid choice, lil pricier than a Denny's or IHOP but the food quality overall is far better

7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Former NFL tight ends pulls out gun on law enforcement officers in Ybor City, police say

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/crime/gun-law-enforcement-parking-spot-ybor/67-a4d9837e-9114-4897-ab26-7729a7f34c61

image.thumb.jpeg.506aaee7d6e980f9f1639938065ec782.jpeg

Surprisingly, he was not listed in the article as a Cincinnati Bengal.  Maybe things ARE changing.

Bengals drafted him and he has most of his catches with the Bengals, but he was on the roster or practice squad of half a dozen other teams.  

He does have a past…and it appears he doesn’t learn his lessons well.  From Wikipedia:

B808E12C-216A-4FFC-9264-6D64901D1A04.thumb.jpeg.e4b1c3f9ea052d009153c4e427f7a235.jpeg

Archived