Random 2022 Stuff

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

What's Joe Burrow doing there?  

While Burrow became a legend at LSU as #9, his 'origin story' begins at Ohio State as #10. 

aay

Now yes the Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer was not smart enough to start him (so he left for the Bayou), but that's not Joe's fault.

Meyer was probably too busy at the college bars butt-fingering sorority girls to realize he had a future Hall of Famer on the bench. 

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

What's Joe Burrow doing there?  Sam Hubbard, yes.  Eli Apple, yes. Vonn Bell, yes.  Isaiah Prince, yes. Drue Crimson, yes.  Joe... ummmm... 

even if he hadn't gone there for a short while -- maybe he's a sports fan and thought it would be fun?

10 hours ago, Shebengal said:

He got his undergraduate degree from OSU so he’s an alum.

10 hours ago, spicoli said:

Seriously?

9 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

While Burrow became a legend at LSU as #9, his 'origin story' begins at Ohio State as #10. 

aay

Now yes the Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer was not smart enough to start him (so he left for the Bayou), but that's not Joe's fault.

Meyer was probably too busy at the college bars butt-fingering sorority girls to realize he had a future Hall of Famer on the bench. 

I'm well aware it is where he started out but it is not where he ended up and achieved his college football glory.

He is known for being an LSU Bayou Bengal from Deaf Valley, not a Buckeye.

When you say "Joe Burrow", do you say Bayou Bengal or Buckeye?

Joe Burrow... Purple and Gold or Scarlet and Stone.

4 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

even if he hadn't gone there for a short while -- maybe he's a sports fan and thought it would be fun?

Then he should have been in the stands with all the other fans who were formerly on the team, not on the field.

Yes, I like Joe Burrow, too.  But right now I would bet the ranch and livestock that he has become the Number One

target for every heat seeking cheap shot artist missile in the NFL.  How many teams we play this year have Joey B Knock Out

pools on the sly?  Or not so sly?

Maybe time to give some thought to dialing it down a bit and lowering the profile,

JMHO... and I apologize to all who disagree but visions of Kenny the Exorcist Anderson, Carson Palmer getting Kimoed'

and even Rookie Joe dance in my head.

Don't fuel the fire and feed the animals.

Thank you.  And hope all have a nice day.  Seriously.

4 minutes ago, membengal said:

He literally has a degree from there. Weird limb to climb out on Harry.

Burrow grew up in Ohio a Buckeye fan, played for Ohio State and graduated from Ohio State.  He left because he didn’t want to sit on the bench behind Haskins and never should have.  

He left on good terms, never said a bad thing about the Buckeyes, kept in touch with his former teammates and basically proved Myers wrong, a coach who has shown horrible judgment the last few years. 

Ohio State had every chance to keep Burrow just as they had a chance to keep Quinn Ewers.  Both will turn out to be big mistakes. 

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I'm well aware it is where he started out but it is not where he ended up and achieved his college football glory.

Then he should have been in the stands with all the other fans who were formerly on the team, not on the field.

Yes, I like Joe Burrow, too.  But right now I would bet the ranch and livestock that he has become the Number One

target for every heat seeking cheap shot artist missile in the NFL.  How many teams we play this year have Joey B Knock Out

Maybe time to give some thought to dialing it down a bit and lowering the profile,

JMHO... and I apologize to all who disagree but visions of Kenny the Exorcist Anderson, Carson Palmer getting Kimoed'

Joe Burrow calls himself a Buckeye. Said it in an interview before the super bowl.

https://www.wkrg.com/news/joe-burrow-im-definitely-still-a-buckeye/

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Ohio State had every chance to keep Burrow just as they had a chance to keep Quinn Ewers.  Both will turn out to be big mistakes

Huh? Short of handing him the job over CJ Stroud, I don’t see any way they could’ve kept Ewers. 

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Good lord....

As much as we love our teams these guys know it's a job.  Even in college.  I'm sure Burrow has fond feelings for both places.  Russell Wilson feels the same about NC State and Wisconsin.  None of it was personal.  Just business. 

To be clear, I like LSU more than Ohio State (my college team going back to my childhood was always Nebraska anyway) -- and even I recognize that Burrow can be both a Tiger and Buckeye. 

OSU's loss was LSU's gain. But Burrow did get a bachelor's degree in Columbus. He later got a Master's in Baton Rouge. So he's an alumni of both. 

And it's undeniable that he earned a spot in Louisiana lore forever as "Burreaux", no appearance at the Shoe can take that away. 

Perhaps the most ironic part about this debate (especially for me as a Cornhuskers fan), is that Burrows first choice of where he wanted to play was Nebraska. That was his dream since childhood and also where his father and brothers played.

But Scott Frost shit the bed (what else is new) and didn't want him. What coulda been in Lincoln ... 

IMG_20220904_160502.jpg

A young Joe 

IMG_20220904_160522.jpg

Nebraska may have crapped the bed by not sending an invite to Burrow--even when family ties Him to Lincoln, bw we remember that Zac Taylor--our current Head Coach--was the starting QB there before coming into coaching, so this could a wink of the cosmos knowing how much this relationship is so essential to Bengals success

You ace the Head coach and the QB at the same time, usually turns out to be a good thing.

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

Burrow grew up in Ohio a Buckeye fan, played for Ohio State and graduated from Ohio State.  He left because he didn’t want to sit on the bench behind Haskins and never should have.  

He left on good terms, never said a bad thing about the Buckeyes, kept in touch with his former teammates and basically proved Myers wrong, a coach who has shown horrible judgment the last few years. 

Ohio State had every chance to keep Burrow just as they had a chance to keep Quinn Ewers.  Both will turn out to be big mistakes. 

IIRC, Joe Burrow was second on the depth chart behind JT Barrett before he broke his hand in August. That dropped him behind Dwayne Haskins. 

1 hour ago, DanvilleBengal said:

Nebraska may have crapped the bed by not sending an invite to Burrow--even when family ties Him to Lincoln

Joe's dad and brothers ...

5dc1fba46ad34.image.jpg

IMG_20220904_185411.jpg

I actually read a story that Burrow learned to ride his bike as a child rolling around the Huskers stadium. 

Archived