Random 2022 Stuff

13 minutes ago, Cat said:

From the little bit that I watched, they were killing L.A. with short passes. Boom boom boom one after the other. They are really good at it.

Agree, with pinpoint accuracy as well. Throw in the occasional Allen bomb fifty yards down the field and you have one dangerous team.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Rams minus Whit looked kinda familiar, no?

Wondering if it's that SB hangover we hear about or if they're really trending down.

Everyone's been talking about the wrong team in terms of Super Bowl hangover.

The Rams defense was SO BAD last night.  Especially their secondary.  Jalen Ramsey had a perfect passer rating against him.

10 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

Ramsey seemed disinterested. He let people run right past him. I saw some of that in super bowl but Allen with time, shredded him. 
Overall bills are loaded Allen needs to protect himself little better say they play Stealers. Von miller looked really good too. 

yea one of the podcast dudes was describing the rams defense as one that made the DB's look better with the massive pass rush, if the QB has time they are all pretty human, they perfected being lock down for a few seconds but thats all they ever needed with miller and donald and so on being butal getting to the QB.

seems to be pretty accurate. burrow did the same in the SB, any time at all and it was on.

2 hours ago, GoBengals said:

yea one of the podcast dudes was describing the rams defense as one that made the DB's look better with the massive pass rush, if the QB has time they are all pretty human, they perfected being lock down for a few seconds but thats all they ever needed with miller and donald and so on being butal getting to the QB.

seems to be pretty accurate. burrow did the same in the SB, any time at all and it was on.

You brutally honest here (which I like) so who would you pic to win the AFC championship ?

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You brutally honest here (which I like) so who would you pic to win the AFC championship ?

I have a hard time not thinking its the bengals. but chargers are also a good candidate. BUT i also think our new weapons on defense are perfectly picked to face off against teams like the chargers. Herbert just chucks deep to huge receivers, our guys seemed to get mossed several times, so id expect 3 safety looks against those guys often.

so bengals or chargers. I think bills fall to injuries.

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

I have a hard time not thinking its the bengals. but chargers are also a good candidate. BUT i also think our new weapons on defense are perfectly picked to face off against teams like the chargers. Herbert just chucks deep to huge receivers, our guys seemed to get mossed several times, so id expect 3 safety looks against those guys often.

so bengals or chargers. I think bills fall to injuries.

All three teams (Bills, Bengals, Chargers) have the offense to get to the Super Bowl.  Like last year, it will come down to which team can play defense in the playoffs.  If the Bengals stay healthy I like their chances.

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Like last year, it will come down to which team can play defense in the playoffs.

Also during the season. Seeding will, again, be impactful. 

One should not lose sight of the continuous rule changing favoring offenses. The newest tinkering with “Illegal contact” places even more burdens on defenders. 

I’m not convinced that, mainly due to the erratic officiating following rule changes and/ or modifications, a defense can be quantifiable to stop any team, any time, any game. It will be the definition of a crapshoot. 

Archived