Random 2022 Stuff

35 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Was that Dalton?

Yes.  Dalton finished the year 7th in passing yards.

C5329DC6-7687-44F6-887A-230B47329F31.thumb.jpeg.172044a39ff182f62a88ef3da306dcb1.jpeg

From Bengals’ History:

“2013

Coach Marvin Lewis led the Bengals to their third straight playoff appearance — a franchise first. Cincinnati won its third AFC North Division title under Lewis, posting an 11-5 record and clinching the crown with a 42-14 rout of Minnesota in Game 15. The Bengals went 8-0 at home for the second time in club history (also 1988), and they were among only five NFL clubs to reach the postseason each year from 2011-13. They were in the postseason for the fourth time in five years, among only six teams to qualify four or more times in that span. For the third straight season, however, the playoffs ended all too soon for Cincinnati, as San Diego prevailed 27-10 in a first round game at Paul Brown Stadium. The '13 team played three overtime games, most in a season in franchise history. They won the first OT contest, but lost in OT in consecutive weeks in Games 9 and 10. It was the first time in franchise history for the team to play two straight OT games. The consecutive losses dropped the team's record to 6-4, but Lewis' club closed the season with five wins in the last six games. QB Andy Dalton set franchise records for passing yards (4293) and TD passes in a season (33), and he became one of only five QBs in NFL history to pilot a playoff club in his first three seasons in the league. WR A.J. Green was named to the Pro Bowl for the third time in his three-year career, and he set club records for most 100-yard receiving games in a season (six) and most consecutive 100-yard receiving games (five). Second-year WR Marvin Jones also posted a club mark, becoming the first Bengal with four TD receptions in a game (Oct. 27 vs. N.Y. Jets). Jones accomplished his feat in the franchise's 700th regular-season game. Green (11) and Jones (10) became the first Bengals duo to each hit double figures in TD receptions in a season. Marvin Lewis earned a "coaching-tree" compliment after the season when, in an NFL rarity, each of his coordinators signed as NFL head coaches. Offensive coordinator Jay Gruden went to Washington, and defensive boss Mike Zimmer went to Minnesota. Also in the TV realm, the Bengals in '13 agreed for the second time in five years to be featured during preseason on the all-access" HBO series, "Hard Knocks." The club allowed virtually unfettered access to team activities to crews from NFL Films. Though many NFL clubs have shied from invitations to be a Hard Knocks team, the Bengals won the AFC North title for the second straight time after doing the show, as they also won after doing Hard Knocks in 2009.”

On 9/15/2022 at 2:16 PM, T-Dub said:

Well, it is Mississippi 

This shit goes on ALL the time in big cities like Chicago and New York.  Hell, I had to pay the comptroller of New Orleans  $5k cash once just so she would cut our company an almost $200,000 check we were owed.  Everyone knew the drill. 

He probably has a better chance of being prosecuted in Mississippi.   

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

This shit goes on ALL the time in big cities like Chicago and New York.  Hell, I had to pay the comptroller of New Orleans  $5k cash once just so she would cut our company an almost $200,000 check we were owed.  Everyone knew the drill. 

He probably has a better chance of being prosecuted in Mississippi.   

I hope he gets slammed hard.

Guy's an evil POS...

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

The idiot that threw a bottle at at Haslim was an attorney in Cleveland.

He's been banned forever to Browns games plus fired from the firm he worked for.

Insanity..

He must not have been bringing in much business to get fired. 

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

The idiot that threw a bottle at at Haslim was an attorney in Cleveland.

He's been banned forever to Browns games plus fired from the firm he worked for.

Insanity..

So, the guy got canned from his job for his actions in his private life?!?

And he's an attorney?!?  Which in Cleveland of course means he's an ambulance chaser.  So riddle me this, since ambulance chasers make their money by gaming the system to skim off of settlements targeted at defendants who know its cheaper to settle than to fight in court, how does it work when the attorney is skimming of himself... and when the defendant is a legal firm full of ambulance chasers who also knows to game the system?

Unless there's a personal conduct policy at the firm that the dude signed, the only grounds I could see for him being terminated would be the negative PR impact the firm might suffer from their client base - Browns fans - for their association with him. But since they're all just scummy personal injury attorneys anyway, there's little chance of anyone with two functioning brain cells to rub together wanting anything to do with them in the first place.

Browns-Manziel-Fan[1].gif

Oh... that's right, we're talking CFT fans.  Brain cells are optional.

Never mind.  The dude is toast.

12 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Switch "evil" with "selfish" and you're on target.  The world is full of people that will take advantage of any situation to help themselves even if it hurts others. 

A HOF QB with millions of dollars 

taking millions from underprivileged

kids and families is EVIL to me.

That's the way I see him..

10 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

A HOF QB with millions of dollars 

taking millions from underprivileged

kids and families is EVIL to me.

That's the way I see him..

The world is awash in evil people in that case.  So many, given the opportunity, would do the same.

21 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

The world is awash in evil people in that case.  So many, given the opportunity, would do the same.

Many do the same everyday particularly in government.  Slide that contract over to your friend so you get a little piece of the action.  Stuff like the use of the vacation home in Hilton Head, fishing trips, etc. 

As far as Favre is concerned he did NOT KEEP the money for himself which everyone seems to overlook.  The money went to build a volleyball facility at Southern Miss.  The source of the money is the real issue and if Favre knew exactly where it originated. 

This further strengthens my point that govt types do this shit all the time. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Many do the same everyday particularly in government.  Slide that contract over to your friend so you get a little piece of the action.  Stuff like the use of the vacation home in Hilton Head, fishing trips, etc. 

As far as Favre is concerned he did NOT KEEP the money for himself which everyone seems to overlook.  The money went to build a volleyball facility at Southern Miss.  The source of the money is the real issue and if Favre knew exactly where it originated. 

This further strengthens my point that govt types do this shit all the time. 

A volleyball arena for the school his daughter was playing volleyball at, let's not leave that part out either.

Bottom line like I said at the jump, Brett Farve is the real welfare queen

Archived