Random 2022 Stuff

On 10/25/2022 at 3:37 PM, High School Harry said:

Would like to get Zimmer back here in some capacity.

Sad to see him end up on Skid Row as an assistant to Dion.

I didn't know Zimmer was working with Sanders at Jackson State.  Someone is going to pay Dion a lot of money to coach a big time program soon.  It's amazing what he's done there. 

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I didn't know Zimmer was working with Sanders at Jackson State.  Someone is going to pay Dion a lot of money to coach a big time program soon.  It's amazing what he's done there. 

I didn't either. Just found this bit from an article:

"He’s asked me about it a few times. The pay’s not good," Zimmer said with a grin of the Jackson State job, per Thee Pregame Show. "But I do love Deion and I’d do anything for him."

Zimmer and Sanders worked together on the Cowboys from 1995 to 1999. At that time, Zimmer was the team's defensive backs coach while Sanders was one of the NFL's best cornerbacks.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/mike-zimmer-vikings-deion-sanders-jackson-state/kqq5lthvcjm40fvwbar7juzs

9 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Do you think he would take it? He's already rich, this seems to be more of a personal passion project for him.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Do you think he would take it? He's already rich, this seems to be more of a personal passion project for him.

Maybe.  

Then again, a couple years as a SEC coach would probably be as much as he made in his entire career. 

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Best in the NFL 🧡 (get healthy Uno) IMG_20221028_183832.jpg

Gotta feeling that both Tee and Tyler will both reach 1100yrd receiving this year

Hurst could rack up big numbers as well..

Gonna miss Chase but still have playmakers around JB..

Also...get Marshal in here..

We knew those three early losses would come back to bite us in the ass.

All three were could have/should have been wins and the two in the division really hurt.

Right now the cards seem to be in the Rats favor and we are, unfortunately, chasing them.

Thursday night hurt.

So Wild Card Watch?  Hate that but...

As of this week the three main teams we have to watch are the Jets (5-2), Dolphins (4-3 with Tua back now) and the Chargers.

We hole the tie breaker over the Jets and Miami with W's.

Sunday

Jets vs woeful New England

and

Dolphins vs dead Detroit.

Chargers Bye Week

So for this week, Go New England, Go Detroit, and go whoever is playing Pittsburgh (Iggles).

and Go:gobengals:

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

True but they are 3rd on 3rd down conversions..

Which is more important in a game?

It points to a significant lack of success with what they're calling on first down compared to other teams.  My guess would be too predictable but whatever the reason it's obviously an area where they need to improve.  

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

It points to a significant lack of success with what they're calling on first down compared to other teams.  My guess would be too predictable but whatever the reason it's obviously an area where they need to improve.  

Man...bored after a bye week.  This is some paralysis by analysis stuff.

They suck on first down because they can't run the ball and Taylor obviously does that in the first half of every game.

Archived