Random 2022 Stuff

Couldn't find the "Who Gives a Poop" thread so I'll put this here...

Pair of Former Bengals QBs Selected in XFL Draft

CINCINNATI — Two former Bengals QBs got drafted to XFL teams as the league reboots for a second time since going under in the early-2000s. The St. Louis Battlehawks and Arlington Renegades selected A.J. McCarron and Drew Plitt.

McCarron had the most run in a Bengals uniform, playing for the franchise from 2015-17. The Alabama product started four games, passing for 1,173 yards, six TDs, and three INTs while in Cincy.

He has not played in the NFL since Aug. 21, 2021, when he tore the ACL in his right knee during an Atlanta Falcons preseason game.

"A.J. brings us a championship pedigree," said Battlehawks head coach Anthony Becht. "He has seven years of NFL experience as a starting and backup quarterback. Unfortunately, A.J. battled through several injuries during that time which limited him from playing additional games. I feel like his time is now. A.J. will bring a very high football IQ, great leadership qualities, and invaluable experience to the St. Louis Battlehawks team."

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Man...bored after a bye week.  This is some paralysis by analysis stuff.

They suck on first down because they can't run the ball and Taylor obviously does that in the first half of every game.

Wonder if it's still something like 90% run when JB lines up under center?  Then they do the thing where someone goes in motion to whatever lane the run is designed for, may as well draw the play in the turf for the defense at that point

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Wonder if it's still something like 90% run when JB lines up under center?  Then they do the thing where someone goes in motion to whatever lane the run is designed for, may as well draw the play in the turf for the defense at that point

I like it when the defensive linemen point at where the hole is supposed to be for

Joe Mixon to fall down and go boom.

6 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

Did someone really steal the giant Paycor banner outside the stadium? Does that mean we can call it PBS again?

Just a smaller one out of a parking garage but LOL

https://www.wlwt.com/article/bengals-banner-stolen-from-paycor-stadium-video/41996994#:~:text=-352-5442.-,Cincinnati police are searching for two men seen stealing a,and running away with it.

10 hours ago, BengalBuck said:

Did someone really steal the giant Paycor banner outside the stadium? Does that mean we can call it PBS again?

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Speaking of shoes... here's Ja'Marr's new custom made Nike color rush cleats arriving just in time for Sunday.  What's that mean?  Who knows.  Probably/possibly nothing but ya' never know esp with Minky Dink Fitzwhatever coming back from the grave after having his appendix removed.

Nice thought but don't want to see Ja'Marr come back too early.  However, it would be kinda nice to see Minky Dink come back too early and Hayden Hurst put a hard shoulder into his midsection.

image.thumb.png.09ddcbca2c340948ddd564b8daa71373.png

I believe JB's upcoming mega deal will be somewhat cap friendly as he wants to find ways for thecteam to keep or acquire players that can help him and the team.

Huber and Harris will save about 3mil..cutting La'ell Collins saves 10mil..

13mil may get them a good RT in free agency..

14 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I believe JB's upcoming mega deal will be somewhat cap friendly as he wants to find ways for thecteam to keep or acquire players that can help him and the team.

Huber and Harris will save about 3mil..cutting La'ell Collins saves 10mil..

13mil may get them a good RT in free agency..

Put the $13 Mil toward Hayden Hurst and draft an ORT.

Sell the naming rights to Elizabeth Blackburn's first born child and re-sign Tee.

16 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Sell the naming rights to Elizabeth Blackburn's first born child and re-sign Tee.

Hurst made 3.5 this year, I don't go higher than 6 with him. That puts him right in the same category as Austin Hooper, which is where I think he is at.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

I don’t get the love affair with Hurst.  He’s ok.  Good celes.  He’s not much of a blocker or a downfield threat.  No way worth a big contract. 

46 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I don’t get the love affair with Hurst.  He’s ok.  Good celes.  He’s not much of a blocker or a downfield threat.  No way worth a big contract. 

I agree he's just ok, but with what we have at WR just ok is fine. You can't have superstars at every position, the salary cap dictates that. 

I get the impression that Hurst will stay here at an affordable rate, he said he found a home and the money will take care of itself.  I think as long as they don't insult him, he will stay on a team friendly contract. I'm fine with that.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I agree he's just ok, but with what we have at WR just ok is fine. You can't have superstars at every position, the salary cap dictates that. 

I get the impression that Hurst will stay here at an affordable rate, he said he found a home and the money will take care of itself.  I think as long as they don't insult him, he will stay on a team friendly contract. I'm fine with that.

Same.  They can draft another blocking TE without burning a 2nd round pick.

Hurst is 8th among TE's in receptions, tied for 3rd in broken tackles.  2nd on the team behind Ja'Marr converting 3rd downs & leading the league on 3rd & short.

I think he lacks a 2nd gear, which would explain why his YAC/Con are still below average. We could see him more in the RZ if his blocking improves.

Archived