Random 2022 Stuff

Looking Ahead... (always a bad thing to do)

Next Sunday is Send in the Clowns here

and

Baldingwhore Rats at Bagofdicksburgh.

both with 1:00 kickoffs.

What's the odds one gets flexed, probably us to 4:30 or even Sunday night since (I think) Deundies Whatcum will be playing.  I think.

And, Heaven forbid, do we hold our noses and ummm... look for a Bagofdicks win? (can't bring myself to say "root for")

P.S.  I really hope the Cleveland skunk is OK.  

no :ninja:

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Looking Ahead... (always a bad thing to do)

Next Sunday is Send in the Clowns here

and

Baldingwhore Rats at Bagofdicksburgh.

both with 1:00 kickoffs.

What's the odds one gets flexed, probably us to 4:30 or even Sunday night since (I think) Deundies Whatcum will be playing.  I think.

And, Heaven forbid, do we hold our noses and ummm... look for a Bagofdicks win? (can't bring myself to say "root for")

P.S.  I really hope the Cleveland skunk is OK.  

The Massage Therapist isn’t all that interesting to AverageJoeFan any longer. The NFL has been highly successful in making him disappear—and they will want to keep it that way. 

https://www.fox19.com/2022/12/01/deion-sanders-reportedly-considering-bearcats-coaching-position-per-report/

Deion Sanders reportedly considering Bearcats coaching position, per report

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - “Primetime” could be returning to Cincinnati to fill the vacant head football coach position for the Bearcats.

Deion Sanders, currently the coach for Jackson State, is reportedly leaving the school and has widdled his next destination down to three schools: University of Cincinnati, Colorado, and University of South Florida, according to Tampa Bay-based sports reporter Kevin O’Donnell.

In a tweet, O’Donnell said Sanders “has been telling recruits he will be at a school on Sunday.”

The Bearcats’ head coaching position opened up Sunday when it was announced that Luke Fickell was leaving UC for Wisconsin.

UC Athletic Director John Cunningham says internal and external candidates are being considered to replace the winningest football coach in the program’s history.

While there has not been any public mention from Sanders or UC about a mutual interest, one would think the Hall of Famer has to be in consideration.

Sanders took over the head coaching position at Jackson State in 2020.

During COVID-19 shortened season in year one, his team went 4-3 but made a massive jump in year two.

Would be cool if he did come here and bring Zimmer with him.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.fox19.com/2022/12/01/deion-sanders-reportedly-considering-bearcats-coaching-position-per-report/

Deion Sanders reportedly considering Bearcats coaching position, per report

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - “Primetime” could be returning to Cincinnati to fill the vacant head football coach position for the Bearcats.

Deion Sanders, currently the coach for Jackson State, is reportedly leaving the school and has widdled his next destination down to three schools: University of Cincinnati, Colorado, and University of South Florida, according to Tampa Bay-based sports reporter Kevin O’Donnell.

In a tweet, O’Donnell said Sanders “has been telling recruits he will be at a school on Sunday.”

The Bearcats’ head coaching position opened up Sunday when it was announced that Luke Fickell was leaving UC for Wisconsin.

UC Athletic Director John Cunningham says internal and external candidates are being considered to replace the winningest football coach in the program’s history.

While there has not been any public mention from Sanders or UC about a mutual interest, one would think the Hall of Famer has to be in consideration.

Sanders took over the head coaching position at Jackson State in 2020.

During COVID-19 shortened season in year one, his team went 4-3 but made a massive jump in year two.

Would be cool if he did come here and bring Zimmer with him.

I can only hope that the writer meant "whittled"? I would hate to think he urinated on his next three choices of schools :pissing:

7 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

This is Big..

12 teams..

First 4 get byes..

No more debates on 4th spot..

Great football games..

Read where Big Ten considering realigning divisions.

With S.Cal and UCLA on board in the west I'd imagine the east will get Purdue or Northewestern...

More balanced divisions..

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Win and the fans will come. Who knew? This is why fans saying for decades that tight wallet Mike Brown didn't know football but was a good businessman were dead wrong. A good businessman spends money (on players, scouts, GM, etc) in order to fill the stands. This makes money on parking, tickets, concessions...

3 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Win and the fans will come. Who knew? This is why fans saying for decades that tight wallet Mike Brown didn't know football but was a good businessman were dead wrong. A good businessman spends money (on players, scouts, GM, etc) in order to fill the stands. This makes money on parking, tickets, concessions...

I think they recognize they have a generational QB that changes everything. What will be interesting is when Joe retires if they continue or if they recoil back to their old ways.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Every time I see the term "Angry Runs" I think of White Castles and Pabst Blue Ribbon in high school.

That was your routine? Ours was Milwaukee's Best and Two Pesos/Taco Cabana - right @T-Dub?

4 hours ago, Cat said:

That was your routine? Ours was Milwaukee's Best and Two Pesos/Taco Cabana - right @T-Dub?

I'd forgotten about Two Pesos..   Ate plenty of Cabana in Austin.

2 spots I really miss from down there:  Charlie's Hamburger Joint & that Texas City drive-in with the BBQ burgers and frog legs.

Archived