Random 2022 Stuff

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Serious question.... why would a playoff game between the Bills and Chiefs (ain't gonna happen, anyway... that will be us)

be played on a neutral site?  if its Bills Chiefs, would the Chiefs be the home team and host since they are the higher seed?

If it is us and Buffalo, where will that one be played?

Of course the Super Bowl is in a neutral site but why the AFC Championship game?

50 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Serious question.... why would a playoff game between the Bills and Chiefs (ain't gonna happen, anyway... that will be us)

be played on a neutral site?  if its Bills Chiefs, would the Chiefs be the home team and host since they are the higher seed?

If it is us and Buffalo, where will that one be played?

Of course the Super Bowl is in a neutral site but why the AFC Championship game?

Even if Buffalo had won that game I don't they'd have been the 1 seed?

Whole thing seems like an excuse to move the game into a dome somehow.  If I was a KC fan with the game moved from Arrowhead I'd be pissed. Between this & Harbaww using the last game as an excuse to send in his goon squad I'm not sure the NFL could've done a worse job of handling things. What a shitshow.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Whole thing seems like an excuse to move the game into a dome somehow.  If I was a KC fan with the game moved from Arrowhead I'd be pissed. Between this & Harbaww using the last game as an excuse to send in his goon squad I'm not sure the NFL could've done a worse job of handling things. What a shitshow.

Agree.  Also looks like the NFL is painting us out of the scenario completely.  What if we play Buffalo?  Will they move that.

110% agree with your "goon squad" and "shitshow" comments.

No wonder they didn't show the replays at the stadium.  

I missed most of that stuff until later in the week with twitter videos.

There would have been a riot.

Certainly looked like they were targeting Ja'Marr esp and Tee and Joe.

Not gonna lie, the 49ners are the only team in the playoffs that scare me. There are teams that I think could be a "coin flip" if we win or lose, but Bosa off the edge against Adinji would have me worried. I hope we don't see them, any other NFC team, except maybe Dallas and we wont see Dallas because Precott sucks, I think we win the 49ners would worry me.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Not gonna lie, the 49ners are the only team in the playoffs that scare me. There are teams that I think could be a "coin flip" if we win or lose, but Bosa off the edge against Adinji would have me worried. I hope we don't see them, any other NFC team, except maybe Dallas and we wont see Dallas because Precott sucks, I think we win the 49ners would worry me.

Don’t forget the Iggles. They have a ferocious—and basically unknown—defense. Can be a load on on offense also. 

And, unlike the NFL-approved “neutral site” AFC, they will would be hosting the Californians in the not-so-friendly confines of frozen/snarly Lincoln Financial Field. 

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Agree.  Also looks like the NFL is painting us out of the scenario completely.  What if we play Buffalo?  Will they move that.

110% agree with your "goon squad" and "shitshow" comments.

No wonder they didn't show the replays at the stadium.  

I missed most of that stuff until later in the week with twitter videos.

There would have been a riot.

Certainly looked like they were targeting Ja'Marr esp and Tee and Joe.

7-10 Atlanta somehow gets all the benefits of hosting a conference championship game for the conference they're not even in while the best teams in that conference all get turds on a stick instead for actually earning a playoff berth.

Ridiculous.

I thought it sounded harsh at the time but after seeing the alternative Buffalo really should have forfeited that game. Calling it off was the right move but they shouldn't benefit from it.

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If Buffalo had beaten us, they would've had the #1 seed. They'd have an identical record as the Chiefs and they beat the Chiefs head to head earlier in the year. That's why it's not right to play the game in KC

8 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

If Buffalo had beaten us, they would've had the #1 seed. They'd have an identical record as the Chiefs and they beat the Chiefs head to head earlier in the year. That's why it's not right to play the game in KC

…and if we had beaten Buffalo, we would’ve had the #2!seed.  We would have an identical record as the Bills and we beat the Bills head to head.  That’s why it’s not right to play the Bills-Bengals game in Buffalo (assuming both win this weekend).  

IDENTICAL LOGIC.  Yet only one of these scenarios is addressed by the NFL.  

NFL basically saying, “Fuck you, Cincinnati!”  

We may very likely find ourselves playing against the Ravens AND the referees, as the NFL does their best to keep the injustice of Bengals AT Bills from happening.  😡

Archived