Random 2022 Stuff

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Did Murray ever give a shit? 

Fair point, he didn't care like the greats or even the "good" QBs do, but he at least cared enough to use his raw talent to have run up the stats and the wins before his contract talks.  I'm just wondering if he'll go "full JaMarcus" and end up shat out the bottom of the league.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

So old, I actually saw him play. 

Paul Robinson: Cincinnati Bengals rookie sensation - The Grueling Truth

I get a kick out of seeing those old shoulder pads...not just wide, but so thick/high they make the torsos look out of proportion.  I remember Paul Robinson (kinda anyway), but who's big #63?

14 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

but who's big #63?

Judging by the stripes on the sleeve, would place this between 1968 to 1972. #63 was RG Guy Dennis. Don't remember much about him--but he was a longtime starter for the Bengals during those early years.  Listed as a "massive" 6'2" 255.  

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Judging by the stripes on the sleeve, would place this between 1968 to 1972. #63 was RG Guy Dennis. Don't remember much about him--but he was a longtime starter for the Bengals during those early years.  Listed as a "massive" 6'2" 255.  

That's hilarious...in that pic with those pads he looks as big as that dude from Bond/007 (the "Jaws" character) and Happy Gilmore

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Has MB ever not fullfilled a contract?

Just off the top of my head…Robert Gaethers, Geno Atkins, Kevin Huber…I’m sure I could come up with plenty of others if I really felt like it, but I don’t. 

On 1/28/2023 at 8:14 AM, spicoli said:

Personally, I’d love to see Bijan Robinson still sitting there when we get on the clock at 31. They could let Mixon and his inflated contract walk and Robinson could slide right in that spot without ever missing a beat. Sign me up for some of that. 

Im with you on Robinson. Would be an instant upgrade in every area over Mixon aside from experience (obviously) and durability. And I guess locker room presence and leadership but I think there’s enough leaders to offset the loss in that regard. 

On 1/30/2023 at 4:40 PM, spicoli said:

I believe they will. 

Upgrade the position while paying less than half current salary cap hit. Sounds good to me. 

On 1/30/2023 at 4:55 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He did about Play Station. 

😂 

How can you be that gifted and just not give a shit. To the point where everyone knows about it? To the point that they had to have language in his contract about video games   

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2023 at 11:38 AM, Cat said:

This was a really good podcast - Chad is funny as hell.

If you've ever met the guy he's ridiculously charismatic, kind of surprised he's not endorsing some big brand (McDonald's) or landing acting gigs... But maybe he's not interested IDK.

15 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If you've ever met the guy he's ridiculously charismatic, kind of surprised he's not endorsing some big brand (McDonald's) or landing acting gigs... But maybe he's not interested IDK.

The one chance I had to meet him I just stared at him.

I was speechless.  No kidding and odd for me.

I didn't say a word so scared I would get tongue tied and mess it up.

He just looked at me.

No kidding.

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The one chance I had to meet him I just stared at him.

I was speechless.  No kidding and odd for me.

I didn't say a word so scared I would get tongue tied and mess it up.

He just looked at me.

No kidding.

That's too bad, he was always super approachable when I've seen him. He used to come through the Penn Station in Clifton fairly often.

Archived