Random 2022 Stuff

On 8/7/2022 at 8:54 PM, Le Tigre said:

Haven’t caught up on the CFL this year until this post. Things have shuffled a bit up there. 

Argos will win the East it looks like. And I still can’t get used to seeing the “Redblacks” in place of the Rough Riders. Not sure I will ever get used to “Elks” in Edmonton either. Hoping the Riders can make up some ground, but Winnipeg are lights out. 

Hey - I just got my Roughriders General Meeting announcement in the mail today.  Looks like it's being held in a bar at Mosaic Stadium.

NOTICE is hereby given that the annual general meeting of the Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club Inc. (the "Club") will be held at Harvard Broadcasting's Studio 620 Lounge, Mosaic Stadium, Regina, Saskatchewan, at 6:00 pm, August 23, 2022 for the following purposes:

1. To receive and consider the financial statements of the Club for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2022, and the independent auditors' report on such financial statements.

2. To receive and consent to the Club's Amended and Restated Bylaw No. 1 as amended by the Directors.

3. To receive the proposal put forward by the Directors to amend the Restated Articles of Incorporation for the Club and for the Members to authorize and approve the proposed amendments to the Restated Articles of Incorporation of the Club.

4. To appoint auditors of the Club.

5. To elect directors of the Club.

6. To recognize AmishBengalFan and LeTigre as the most important US-based shareholders of the Club.

7. To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting.

Wish I weren't medically grounded right now, I could borrow a Cessna 172 from my training center, hop over to pick you up, and then embark on a horribly long, uncomfortable, and noisy flight in an underpowered plane, across an international border, to go vote our shares.  Lol. 

I've always wanted to Experience Regina.... it IS the city that rhymes with fun, after all:

PS - I went ahead and voted for all 6 board nominees, although I was sorely tempted to withhold my vote for Terri Harris-Strunk.  Not that she's a girl, mind you, but that as an adult you would think that she would've fixed the broken last name that her indecisive parents saddled her with.  Embracing the hyphen is akin to shirking your responsibility to your children, who will have to deal with if they start dating a hyphenated person too....   and is indicative of someone celebrating themselves rather than thinking of the future, which is the anthesis of someone I want to see on the Board of Directors of a professional football team I own.

But I held off, since she's been on the Board for 6 years, and the Riders have been one of the most financially solvent teams in the CFL during a period when Canadian football has had a really, really tough time making ends meet.  Willing to give her a pass based on performance in spite of her personal failing to just pick a singular last name.

Archived