Random 2022 Stuff

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I run it through my college email which IIRC is valid for 18 months after graduation so because I got my masters in may of last year I met the requirement so I get sunday ticket through DirectTV without having to get the full DirectTV. 

How all that works with YouTube remains to be seen I guess.

I was going to do that with my son's college account - but they never verified anything - I don't think they care. Used my email addy and everything.

From pro footballtalk:

Bengals right tackle La'el Collins had to be carted back to the locker room after injuring his left knee in Saturday’s 22-18 win over the Patriots and he was immediately ruled out for the rest of the game.

That’s often a precursor to word of a season-ending injury, but multiple reports indicate that Collins’ ACL is intact. Collins also spoke to reporters in the locker room and said that he does not believe that he suffered a long-term injury.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/joe-burrow-12-pass-attempts-away-from-dethroning-childhood-idol-drew-brees-in-nfl-record-books-203909396.html

Yahoo Sports

Joe Burrow 12 pass attempts away from dethroning childhood idol Drew Brees in NFL record books

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow is poised to become the NFL’s all-time leader in completion percentage, as long as he makes at least 12 pass attempts on Monday against the Buffalo Bills.

Once Burrow attempts 12 more passes — no matter if they're all incomplete — he'll officially pass his childhood idol Drew Brees for the best completion percentage in NFL history.

Only  three years into his career, Burrow is stacking up the accolades. He’s completed 69% of his passes going into Monday and already has the highest completion percentage in NFL history for any player after his first two seasons. But to be officially recognized in NFL records as the most accurate passer in league history, Burrow needs at least 1,500 attempts. He has 1,488 through Week 16 of the 2022 season.

Brees’ career mark of 67.7% was briefly dethroned as the most accurate passer ever by Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson. But after returning from a league-mandated suspension for alleged sexual misconduct, Watson has completed 57.7% of his passes over his four games in 2022. That has dropped Watson’s career number from 67.8% down to 67.2%.

12 hours ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/joe-burrow-12-pass-attempts-away-from-dethroning-childhood-idol-drew-brees-in-nfl-record-books-203909396.html

Yahoo Sports

Joe Burrow 12 pass attempts away from dethroning childhood idol Drew Brees in NFL record books

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow is poised to become the NFL’s all-time leader in completion percentage, as long as he makes at least 12 pass attempts on Monday against the Buffalo Bills.

Once Burrow attempts 12 more passes — no matter if they're all incomplete — he'll officially pass his childhood idol Drew Brees for the best completion percentage in NFL history.

Only  three years into his career, Burrow is stacking up the accolades. He’s completed 69% of his passes going into Monday and already has the highest completion percentage in NFL history for any player after his first two seasons. But to be officially recognized in NFL records as the most accurate passer in league history, Burrow needs at least 1,500 attempts. He has 1,488 through Week 16 of the 2022 season.

Brees’ career mark of 67.7% was briefly dethroned as the most accurate passer ever by Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson. But after returning from a league-mandated suspension for alleged sexual misconduct, Watson has completed 57.7% of his passes over his four games in 2022. That has dropped Watson’s career number from 67.8% down to 67.2%.

JB doesn't have to complete any of the 12 passes to become the leader..

I expect 9 or 10 though.😎

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Brady has thrown 579 passes this year.

With 3 games and 121 more passes. he will be the 1st QB to throw 700 times in season twice..

He and Stafford are the only qbs to throw 700 times.

Stafford 727 in 2012

Brady.... 719 in 2021 

Here’s a bit of yesteryear, for side-by-side:

image.jpeg.566af1506882196d2ebb5d2334ddccf0.jpeg

NFL Hall of Famer Norm Van Brocklin had 194 pass attempts in 1951. Completed 100 for 1724 yds, in 12 games. 

He still holds the all-time record for pass yardage in a single game: 554 yards in 1951 against the New York Yanks. 27-41-554 5 TD’s. 

Again: no QB in history has held this mark since. 

56 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Here’s a bit of yesteryear, for side-by-side:

image.jpeg.566af1506882196d2ebb5d2334ddccf0.jpeg

NFL Hall of Famer Norm Van Brocklin had 194 pass attempts in 1951. Completed 100 for 1724 yds, in 12 games. 

He still holds the all-time record for pass yardage in a single game: 554 yards in 1951 against the New York Yanks. 27-41-554 5 TD’s. 

Again: no QB in history has held this mark since. 

West Coast offense started the attempts rise and continues.

I posted Brady will have back to back 700 attempts after this year.

Checking alot of sports lines on Bengals-Bills game..

Bills ........1.5 favorite..

Bets are 50-50 with the odds.

Over under 49.5

Bets are 86% over.

Their computers  simulates a shitload of times for a score of.....

23.2-23.1 Bills..

Bottom line is Vegas hasn't a clue

who wins..

I do though..😎

Archived