Jump to content

Random 2022 Stuff


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

West Coast offense started the attempts rise and continues.

I posted Brady will have back to back 700 attempts after this year.

 

 

 

And the saying of WW Hayes holds true—regardless of how many times a ball is thrown:

 

"only three things can happen when you pass (a completion, an incompletion, and an interception) and two of them are bad."

 

 

 

(Should note also that Van Brocklin had 2 INT’s in that record holding game)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Checking alot of sports lines on Bengals-Bills game..

 

Bills ........1.5 favorite..

Bets are 50-50 with the odds.

Over under 49.5

Bets are 86% over.

 

Their computers  simulates a shitload of times for a score of.....

23.2-23.1 Bills..

 

Bottom line is Vegas hasn't a clue

who wins..

I do though..😎

Sports betting becomes legal in Ohio tomorrow (New Years Day).

I am planning to visit Hard Rock Casino.

I will NOT place a bet on the game for the Bengals as much as I would like to

because I am afraid I would jinx them.

Absolutely NO :ninja:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Sports betting becomes legal in Ohio tomorrow (New Years Day).

I am planning to visit Hard Rock Casino.

I will NOT place a bet on the game for the Bengals as much as I would like to

because I am afraid I would jinx them.

Absolutely NO :ninja:


Then do your part by betting FOR Buffalo.  🥷

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

And the saying of WW Hayes holds true—regardless of how many times a ball is thrown:

 

"only three things can happen when you pass (a completion, an incompletion, and an interception) and two of them are bad."

 

 

 

(Should note also that Van Brocklin had 2 INT’s in that record holding game)


As someone that did not grow up in Ohio, I thought that quote was from Schembechler (sp?).  :shrug: 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cricket said:


As someone that did not grow up in Ohio, I thought that quote was from Schembechler (sp?).  :shrug: 

 

 

There were several coaches--even before WW--who had some variation of the statement. Long thought to be the originator of the statement--Darrell Royal of Texas--put it to rest that he didn't come up with it: 

 

“The things I said came from my upbringing in southwest Oklahoma during the Dust Bowl,” Royal said. “I shined shoes in a barbershop. Now, you can hear some stuff in a barbershop. You can pick up some wisdom there. I’m just a model of the people I’ve been around in my life, and Woody was one of those people.”

Royal credits Ohio State’s Hayes, his contemporary and friend, with being the first one to say three things can happen on a pass play and two of them are bad.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

There were several coaches--even before WW--who had some variation of the statement. Long thought to be the originator of the statement--Darrell Royal of Texas--put it to rest that he didn't come up with it: 

 

“The things I said came from my upbringing in southwest Oklahoma during the Dust Bowl,” Royal said. “I shined shoes in a barbershop. Now, you can hear some stuff in a barbershop. You can pick up some wisdom there. I’m just a model of the people I’ve been around in my life, and Woody was one of those people.”

Royal credits Ohio State’s Hayes, his contemporary and friend, with being the first one to say three things can happen on a pass play and two of them are bad.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kind of dumb when you consider you could also say only 3 things can happen if you run the ball - a gain, no gain or a fumble and two are bad( given no gain is as “bad” as an incompletion).

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Kind of dumb when you consider you could also say only 3 things can happen if you run the ball - a gain, no gain or a fumble and two are bad( given no gain is as “bad” as an incompletion).

It’s only dumb, when one considers the eras in which they were spoken. 
 

I was around during the WW years of the late ‘60’s and the ‘70’s. He wasn’t against the passing game, but he did totally believe that the running game drove the offensive bus. He was no different in that mindset than were his contemporaries Bear Bryant, Darrell Royal, Tom Osbourne, Barry Switzer, or even John McKay.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

Depends on the interpretation of “chokes”. TCU is one ferocious team. 


As a non-biased watcher (didn’t care who won), I am curious how that was deemed to NOT be targeting on Michigan’s last play.  Sure looked like textbook targeting to me. :shrug: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Cricket said:


As a non-biased watcher (didn’t care who won), I am curious how that was deemed to NOT be targeting on Michigan’s last play.  Sure looked like textbook targeting to me. :shrug: 


The illegal forward pass should have made it all moot anyhow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

You can’t throw a lateral forward. 


When you’re behind the line of scrimmage, it’s called a forward pass.  Just because the announcer called it a lateral doesn’t make it a lateral.  
 


 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Cricket said:


When you’re behind the line of scrimmage, it’s called a forward pass.  Just because the announcer called it a lateral doesn’t make it a lateral.  
 


 


I didn’t realize he was still behind the LOS when he threw it forward, my bad.

 

Oh and fuck Meatchicken. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2022 at 7:23 AM, Le Tigre said:

And the saying of WW Hayes holds true—regardless of how many times a ball is thrown:

 

"only three things can happen when you pass (a completion, an incompletion, and an interception) and two of them are bad."

 

 

 

(Should note also that Van Brocklin had 2 INT’s in that record holding game)

Ole cloud of dust Hayes..

I would imagine Brady and other great gunslingers in the past 20yrs have thrown less int's in 600 plus passes then QBs. 300 attempts from long past yesteryears..

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You live near DC as I recall. Does this team actually have fans?

 

It does like we did in the 90s. 

 

I was downtown yesterday and saw a guy with a custom commanders jersey that said "Sell The Team"

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...