Random 2022 Stuff

45 minutes ago, Cricket said:

We may very likely find ourselves playing against the Ravens AND the referees, as the NFL does their best to keep the injustice of Bengals AT Bills from happening.  😡

I would expect this if we weren't facing the Ravens. There's no reason they should advance & it would take calling a blatantly lopsided game to make it happen. Now if we goof around and make it close they will absolutely call it in their favor. I also think they'll make a point of calling phantom personal fouls after all the criticism but probably against us. Goodell and his supporters want this to be pro wrestling with a bigger budget.

I think the NFL would be happy to let these games go to Atlanta. If they could play every postseason game in a temperate major city with a dome that'd be even better for their bottom line.

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Don’t forget the Iggles. They have a ferocious—and basically unknown—defense. Can be a load on on offense also. 

And, unlike the NFL-approved “neutral site” AFC, they will would be hosting the Californians in the not-so-friendly confines of frozen/snarly Lincoln Financial Field. 

I agree.  The Eagles aren’t a good matchup for the Bengals.  Hurts is good when he has time, and the Bengals pass rush isn’t so good. 

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

…and if we had beaten Buffalo, we would’ve had the #2!seed.  We would have an identical record as the Bills and we beat the Bills head to head.  That’s why it’s not right to play the Bills-Bengals game in Buffalo (assuming both win this weekend).  

IDENTICAL LOGIC.  Yet only one of these scenarios is addressed by the NFL.  

NFL basically saying, “Fuck your, Cincinnati!”  

We may very likely find ourselves playing against the Ravens AND the referees, as the NFL does their best to keep the injustice of Bengals AT Bills from happening.  😡

54 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Ill ride with Bengals vs Eagles.

Frisco dangerous but Im not counting on Purdy to reach SB.

I'm not sure sf is all that great. They played ten teams with 10 or more losses this season, I know you can only play who is on your schedule, but it makes question how good they really are. And they did lose to the chefs by 3 touchdowns at home. 

52 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

FB_IMG_1673712771255.jpg

I think they are sleeping on the Chargers and expect them to play the Bengals in the AFCCG 

Even if the Bolts get past JAX today (no certain thing), they absolutely are going to die at Arrowhead—or whatever the hell they call that place now. 

The NFL has spoken: they want the rematch of the “dream game” of the last playoffs—BUF/KC that is. And in the splendor of the Mercedes Benz Dome to  display to the nation.  

The Bengals and LAC/JAX are distant thirds in that race. Anything can happen I suppose… it did a year ago…but the NFL didn’t want it then, and they don’t want it now. 

Archived