Random 2022 Stuff

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

Hmmmm...who are these "twins" you are referring to...I'm envisioning something like the Barbie Twins in their prime...but I'm guessing my vision is not correct.  :)

These guys. They are in Section 104 (near the Bengals locker room entrance area). They sit around 8 rows in front of us to the right--closer to the entrance. They are about two rows back and to the right of #1

Identical twins, die-hard football fans look for Bengals win

4 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Except good luck trying to draft a Joe Burrow every 4 years ... to have on a rookie deal. See Cleveland for decades

IMG_20230129_152548.jpg

And Mahomes took a team friendly deal.

If anything it makes the case for QBs who want to win to take deals like Mahomes. 

Brady did this, and kept winning and is going to be hella paid once he leaves.

Best thing these QBs can do if they want to be paid and win, is get their money from local advertisers. 

Joe will make bank from working with Kroger for instance. 

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Except good luck trying to draft a Joe Burrow every 4 years ... to have on a rookie deal. See Cleveland for decades

IMG_20230129_152548.jpg

I'm all for not breaking the bank because you won't be able to pay the rest of the team, but let's not go over board.

Bring on the draft talk baby!

I got dibs on Robinson..

STRENGTHS
Bijan is a complete running back with all the skills and high football IQ to become a franchise back for the team that selects him. He is one of the best pass-blocking running backs I have ever seen coming out in a draft. Bijan is a pure running back with excellent receiving skills to make an athletic catch or a contested catch like a receiver down the field. He is a strong running back who can gain yards by breaking tackles at the line of scrimmage. He shows good vision in the open field and because of his strength is difficult for defensive backs to bring down without help. Because he is so smart reading the blitz his blocking skills to protect his quarterback will bring the deep ball back to a team’s offense. Bijan is everything you look for in a franchise running back, good speed, quick feet, excellent lateral explosion, vision to make players miss, pass-blocking skills, high football IQ, and the ability to catch the ball in any situation. He is as good as Jonathan Tylor and Saquon Barkley when they both came out.

CONCERNS
What do I say when you see the obvious…you don’t nit-pick it to death you just draft the obvious. I will say this, if Bijan does get injured his talent will be hard to replace because he can do everything, run, block, catch the ball and be a workhorse back if that’s what you need. That’s not a reason to not select him early in this draft, it is every reason TO draft him early.

BOTTOM LINE: 1.47
There is a need for Running Backs to be a lot different in this new passing-happy offense of the NFL. Some teams realize it and are starting to use RBs all over their offense instead of just in the backfield. I tried explaining this when Derrick Henry came out. He has talent way beyond just using him as a smash-mouth running back. But, no one listens to me then, low and behold, WR Deebo Samuel, and WR Cordarrelle Patterson both with RB-like bodies, come along and teams start to figure it out and the worm starts to turn. Now teams are looking for bulkier receivers and slimmed-down running backs who have the leg strength to be used in the backfield as well as the high football IQ to run routes and gain yardage after the catch. Add to that a running back who knows how to pick up the blitz and now a team that has been dinking and dunking down the field can start to go vertical with play action and that opens up the playbook to any style of offensive system “during” a game. Multi-talented/Position players are worth their weight in gold because they open up your offense on third and long to any play in your offense game plan and Bijan is just that, a multi-talented/Position player.

9 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I got dibs on Robinson..

STRENGTHS
Bijan is a complete running back with all the skills and high football IQ to become a franchise back for the team that selects him. He is one of the best pass-blocking running backs I have ever seen coming out in a draft. Bijan is a pure running back with excellent receiving skills to make an athletic catch or a contested catch like a receiver down the field. He is a strong running back who can gain yards by breaking tackles at the line of scrimmage. He shows good vision in the open field and because of his strength is difficult for defensive backs to bring down without help. Because he is so smart reading the blitz his blocking skills to protect his quarterback will bring the deep ball back to a team’s offense. Bijan is everything you look for in a franchise running back, good speed, quick feet, excellent lateral explosion, vision to make players miss, pass-blocking skills, high football IQ, and the ability to catch the ball in any situation. He is as good as Jonathan Tylor and Saquon Barkley when they both came out.

CONCERNS
What do I say when you see the obvious…you don’t nit-pick it to death you just draft the obvious. I will say this, if Bijan does get injured his talent will be hard to replace because he can do everything, run, block, catch the ball and be a workhorse back if that’s what you need. That’s not a reason to not select him early in this draft, it is every reason TO draft him early.

There is a need for Running Backs to be a lot different in this new passing-happy offense of the NFL. Some teams realize it and are starting to use RBs all over their offense instead of just in the backfield. I tried explaining this when Derrick Henry came out. He has talent way beyond just using him as a smash-mouth running back. But, no one listens to me then, low and behold, WR Deebo Samuel, and WR Cordarrelle Patterson both with RB-like bodies, come along and teams start to figure it out and the worm starts to turn. Now teams are looking for bulkier receivers and slimmed-down running backs who have the leg strength to be used in the backfield as well as the high football IQ to run routes and gain yardage after the catch. Add to that a running back who knows how to pick up the blitz and now a team that has been dinking and dunking down the field can start to go vertical with play action and that opens up the playbook to any style of offensive system “during” a game. Multi-talented/Position players are worth their weight in gold because they open up your offense on third and long to any play in your offense game plan and Bijan is just that, a multi-talented/Position player.

Yup, no time to sulk.  How do we get better!

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

I got dibs on Robinson..

STRENGTHS

CONCERNS

Pittsburgh likes him as well..

1 minute ago, Jungletiger said:

Just heard, Lou headed to AZ to interview for HC.

Good luck to him if he takes it, yesterday I saw that Murray isn't expected to start the season or maybe for half the season.  Isn't an ACL the "easy" torn knee situation to recover from?  Dude might be the new JaMarcus Russell, he got his money so doesn't give a shit anymore.

43 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Good luck to him if he takes it, yesterday I saw that Murray isn't expected to start the season or maybe for half the season.  Isn't an ACL the "easy" torn knee situation to recover from?  Dude might be the new JaMarcus Russell, he got his money so doesn't give a shit anymore.

Did Murray ever give a shit? 

Archived