Rams Temperature Check

Temperature Check  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do we win the Superbowl on Sunday?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How Confident are you in your answer?

• 90-100%
    • 80-89%
    • 70-79%
    • 60-69%
    • 50-59%
    • Below 50%

I’m just trying to manage my expectations at this point. I mean HOLY SHIT THEY’RE IN THE GODDAMN SUPER BOWL!

But then 40 years of being a fan rears its ugly head. 

But then they have a generational QB in Joe Burrow. 

But then you only have so many opportunities to capture lightening in a bottle, and what if we squander this rare  opportunity? 

Fuck, I’m glad my doctor upped my BP medication. It might prevent me from having a stroke Sunday (or in the wee hours of Monday morning as the case may be…). 

Who Dey! 

Way too many variables.

Refs (as always)

Beating ourselves with dumb stuff and nerves ie jumping offsides *cough*Cartman*cough*, dropped passes and interceptions

(you know who you are) and will the Earth stop rotating on its axis if McFearsome misses one.  Huber is a question mark, too,

with the past few erratic games and we know he is on the way out.

But enough of the Debbie Downer stuff... very winnable if we do not beat ourselves.

But... a no call from me.  I am scared witless I would jinx something.

And I hope Lou Armadillo comes up with an answer to Aaron Donald.

Ja'Marr and Tee can handle Ramsey and he can't cover them both.

6 hours ago, Elflocko said:

I’m just trying to manage my expectations at this point. I mean HOLY SHIT THEY’RE IN THE GODDAMN SUPER BOWL!

But then you only have so many opportunities to capture lightening in a bottle, and what if we squander this rare  opportunity? 

Fuck, I’m glad my doctor upped my BP medication. It might prevent me from having a stroke Sunday (or in the wee hours of Monday morning as the case may be…). 

Who Dey! 

I meant to quote Elflocko but missed somehow 🤪

you summed up my thoughts perfectly!

When we swept Baltimore and Pittsburgh, and when I saw that clip of Burrow telling a couple of guys, "If we can win this, we can win the whole thing", I started really feeling like we were destined this year. Everything since then has just reinforced it.

That being said, I did pick us to win in the poll, but I won't be crushed if we don't. It's been a rough couple of years for everything in life from where I sit, From the pandemic, to the world being on fire with shit, to personal and family health issues, and before this year, the Bengals struggles. These guys have been one of the few escapes, and reasons to smile for me this year. They all seem like a great group of men and they make me proud to be a Bengal fan. I've been a Bengal fan as long as there have been Bengals, and will be until the day I die, but it's nice to be able to say that with admiration instead of ridicule from others.

Win or lose, respect to this team, and WHO DEY!

Mine is dropping as paranoia sets in.

Monday is going to be a rough mammy jammer at work

because I plan to lose sleep either way.

BTW... a number of mostly privately owned businesses in 

greater Cincinnati closing early so staff and employees can

watch the game.  I dare say there would not be a lot of business

Sunday afternoon and evening, anyway. :icon15:

On 2/9/2022 at 1:01 PM, Elflocko said:

Who Dey! 

This.

Definitely more optimistic than cautious...my friends and I have been planning driving out to Cincy for the parade.

Seriously overcast. Until this week, all the talk was how we'd done well to get there. Temper expectations. Had a good run. Got the playoff monkey off the back. Suddenly as we head into the SB everyone is talking about how they're gonna celebrate once we win. Not if, when.

It's probably just my curmudgeonly old English self, but I hate tempting fate like that. Donald and Cooper are legit scary. If Apple is early season Apple, and our OL is the one that played against the Raiders, it'll be SB 24 levels of misery. BUT, if we turn up like the second half against the Chiefs, if Zac stops throwing Mixon into the teeth of the DL, any given Sunday.

One thing is for certain, if we drag the OL from league worst to even barely average, this team is gonna unstoppable. Burrow is legit, Chase is a weapon, and Higgins is underrated. Can't cover everyone...

(Also, anyone who voted they were less than 50% confident of their answer, why didn't you pick the other answer then?)

I can't wait for tomorrow.  Just want the anticipation to end and for the game to start. 

So, there is an idea that it's already a great season - they made it to the Super Bowl when nobody gave them the chance.  That's true.  But it doesn't mean anything.  Just like it doesn't mean anything to say, "Well they are young.  They will get back there again."  you have no idea.  This might be it.  Sure, it's an amazing season, but they have done nothing for 30 years.  Who knows when it will come again?  Sure, I would like to believe that they will spend the money to make this team a consistent contender, but you never know.  The Bills came close in their first super bowl, and got blown out every year after that.  Cards, Falcons, Bengals in 80s had one shot, and then it was gone.  Well Bengals had two shots in the 1980s with drastically different teams but couldn't build on the success. 

All I know is that if they win, it's going to be amazing.  I can't imagine any tibor75 negativity for a year at minimum.  They could go 0-16 next year with Burrow turning into Joey Mayfield and I wouldn't give a shit. 

They said tOSU didn't have a shot against Miami.  They were underdogs against Alabama and Oregon in 2014 and won it.  Hoping for the same tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

I can't wait for tomorrow.  Just want the anticipation to end and for the game to start. 

So, there is an idea that it's already a great season - they made it to the Super Bowl when nobody gave them the chance.  That's true.  But it doesn't mean anything.  Just like it doesn't mean anything to say, "Well they are young.  They will get back there again."  you have no idea.  This might be it.  Sure, it's an amazing season, but they have done nothing for 30 years.  Who knows when it will come again?  Sure, I would like to believe that they will spend the money to make this team a consistent contender, but you never know.  The Bills came close in their first super bowl, and got blown out every year after that.  Cards, Falcons, Bengals in 80s had one shot, and then it was gone.  Well Bengals had two shots in the 1980s with drastically different teams but couldn't build on the success. 

All I know is that if they win, it's going to be amazing.  I can't imagine any tibor75 negativity for a year at minimum.  They could go 0-16 next year with Burrow turning into Joey Mayfield and I wouldn't give a shit. 

They said tOSU didn't have a shot against Miami.  They were underdogs against Alabama and Oregon in 2014 and won it.  Hoping for the same tomorrow.

Bill's never won the Super Bowl because of CSM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyhAJEPEHk4

Archived