Stadium Pregame Rituals?

Guest mongoloido

Guest mongoloido
Not a shit talking topic, but this seems to be the forum where the fans of other teams hang out.

At Paul Brown Stadium, they play a computer animated short right before each game to get the home crowd psyched. It features a tiger on the prowl through a jungle. The tiger winds it's way through a temple which has framed pictures of historic Bengals significance, complete with a classic picture of Paul Brown. Then, the tiger works it's way onto a football field and comes face to face with a row of opposing football players. It paces back and forth, snarls, and then rips the crap out of the opponent's team logo flag. It has music and snarls. Nothing fantastic, but a fun way to start cheering.

I've never been to a pro game at another stadium, but I'd imagine they all do something to get the crowd rev'ed up right before the game. So what does your stadium do?

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='BlacknGold' date='Sep 7 2005, 06:36 PM']Don't need to get Steeler fans into it, they come pumped, but you guys wouldn't know what it's like to have a chance to win, sorry.
[right][post="143927"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

What part of "not a shit talking topic" was too difficult for you to understand? I could have sworn I stated that in vocabulary even an imbecile could decipher. You sir, are indeed a rare breed.

*edit: if any words in this post ar too big for you to get, please feel free to ask what it all means. my five year old niece will help you.*

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Sep 7 2005, 05:52 PM']What part of "not a shit talking topic" was too difficult for you to understand? I could have sworn I stated that in vocabulary even an imbecile could decipher. You sir, are indeed a rare breed.
*edit: if any words in this post ar too big for you to get, please feel free to ask what it all means. my five year old niece will help you.*
[right][post="143940"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

My bad, just makin a point, and you said not a shit-talking topic, doesn't mean I can't make it one. Lighten up. Just having some fun.

[quote name='BlacknGold' date='Sep 7 2005, 05:36 PM']Don't need to get Steeler fans into it, they come pumped, but you guys wouldn't know what it's like to have a chance to win, sorry.
what an asshole, the guy actually tries to talk about your team and say stuff like that??

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Sep 7 2005, 08:15 PM']meh. forgive and forget. the steelers really don't have any pregame activity? is the bengals thing less common than i thought?
[right][post="144019"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

uh thier score board has a huge half naked black man pounding a hammer into steel, with a lisp, and then two huge intimidating ketchup bottles(heinz field, get it?) fake pour ketchup and the scoreboard fills with red cause they are in the "heina red zone) and then the naked black guy comes back and slams a yard merker down as big ben rubs his back on the jumbotron.

we were very incomfortible.

then when thier defense gives up a big play and i say stuff like "what the hell, are we playing the browns today?" they say nothing, until 1.5 hours later, when they did something good, then they turn and say"NO! your NOT playing the browns today!"

and everyone who graduated from high school get s good laugh... so basically the 3 bengals fans...

cleveland has the GE SMITH band (formerly of sat night live) play stupid ass songs, and they play the "its a browns town" HORRIBLE song.. over and over and over...

and the fans bark as the team enteres the field..

no fireworks like pbs though..

the ravens have a huge scene go on, smoke and stuff, chants of "this is our house, gonna protect our house" like the under armour commercial(a baltimore company mind you).. thier is pretty nice really..

tennessee juts runs out through a inflated helmet....

the redskins and ravens both have a BAND.. a maryland thing i guess..

the browns dont have any cheerkeaders, nor do the steelers, because thier are no woman that dont look like men there...

[quote name='BlacknGold' date='Sep 7 2005, 06:36 PM']Don't need to get Steeler fans into it, they come pumped, but you guys wouldn't know what it's like to have a chance to win, sorry.

Seriously man you need to work on your material.

W E A K

Going to several Eagles games, they have a few things they do. They sing a Fly Eagles fly song, and they also chant sucks after every opposing player is announced.

For example they say for the Steelers out of Miami of Ohio Ben Rothshitburger ..... eagles fans go "SUCKS!!!"

They also do some other shit, but those are the two main things.

Also from the Jets game, they do some fireman fan preview thing with those two gay guys on each other shoulders and have that chant J. E. T. S. Jets Jets Jets!!!!

I don't think I hate anything more than that.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Cool JJ' date='Sep 13 2005, 12:42 PM']you have never seen a pregame show untill you go to a bucs game... that pirate ship starts shooting, people go nutz

[img]http://www.buccaneers.com/media/graphics/rjs/350X273_Photos_buc_cove.jpg[/img]
[right][post="148105"][/post][/right][/quote]

That thing is so fucking bad ass! I want to go to a Bucs game just for that reason (and I've been a bit of a Bucs fan since the Wyche days :blush: ).

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Cool JJ' date='Sep 13 2005, 03:33 PM']yeah the intro to their website sets the mood for the week

[url="http://www.buccaneers.com/intro.aspx"]Buccs site[/url]  they have the NFLs best web admin

I've only been to a few games and each one is great
[right][post="148227"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

OLE!

Archived