Super Bowl LVI Game Thread - Rams at Bengals

You just knew a makeup call was coming.  It hurt, but the Bengals did get a free TD and had plenty of chances to score in the second half.  The OL isn't good enough.  Just amazing they got this far behind that trash.

Not crushed because I believe they will be back!

10 minutes ago, saphead said:

You know we had our chances, it should've never came down to an NFL fuck job. I hope we come out next season in 2007 Patriots kill mode. 

Why, do you expect the SB to not come down to the last possession? They literally let everything go until the last 2 min. What changed?

1 minute ago, Spotto said:

It was sad that they kept the flags in the pockets for so long, then brought them out.

If you gonna let shit slide in the first half, refs CANNOT make half time adjustments like we expect the coaches to do.

That's the thing though, they didn't.  They let shit go all *second* half as well, many times on that drive included.

Just now, UncleEarl said:

You knew the makeup call was coming though. 

Eh, for me makeup "calls" have to come soon after the original miss and typically aren't equally egregious *calls* - they're usually a big purposeful "miss" the other direction.  LOTS of shit was let go, especially on that last drive.  If the refs actually "saved" the make-up until the last two minutes, well that's just rigging it.

Just now, HavePityPlease said:

Eh, for me makeup "calls" have to come soon after the original miss and typically aren't equally egregious *calls* - they're usually a big purposeful "miss" the other direction.  LOTS of shit was let go, especially on that last drive.  If the refs actually "saved" the make-up until the last two minutes, well that's just rigging it.

Call it what you want.  If the Bengals had held on LA and the media would be saying their win was illegitimate because of the free TD.  I would have hoped it would come earlier, but it didn't. 

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Call it what you want.  If the Bengals had held on LA and the media would be saying their win was illegitimate because of the free TD.  I would have hoped it would come earlier, but it didn't. 

That is all true, the refs get off scot free this way.  

As others have said, if we have a better OL today we win. 

Just now, B.A.B. said:

Zac Taylor…I just don’t get it. All season long he’s had Perine in on third when the man can barely run, can’t catch, and is not a great blocker. Such stupid fucking decision making. Dumb stubborn shit. I’m so mad man

I mean, I assumed Mixon was hurt - is that not true?  I mean, if not that's just insane.

Just now, B.A.B. said:

Zac Taylor…I just don’t get it. All season long he’s had Perine in on third when the man can barely run, can’t catch, and is not a great blocker. Such stupid fucking decision making. Dumb stubborn shit. I’m so mad man

Taylor is still learning.  Going to Perine late in the game on third and one?  And running right at Donald?  Shit....

Archived