Super Bowl LVI Game Thread - Rams at Bengals

11 minutes ago, Spotto said:

I've been a Zac questioner for ages, but he made it to the SB.

But... I still feel we need better game plan, pay calling.

We do. He’s better than he was when we won 2 games but goddamn that’s not a high bar to clear. Also the guy at the hotel bar gave me a cup of bourbon instead of a double and somehow I’m more at ease with this loss. 

28 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

Don’t forget about the bonehead play by Zac going for it on 4th down at midfield that gave the Rams 7 pts

But if Burrow throws it to either one of Perine or Higgins it’s a first down and then some. Sure though, put it all on Taylor. 

One more thing. We were the “home team” right? Why were they allowed to play Rams home team things in the stadium. Like the make some noise type things and trying to get their crowd amped up? That’s absolute fucking bullshit IMO. 

Besides all that easily the most beautiful stadium I’ve ever been in. Shit was incredible. 

37 minutes ago, B.A.B. said:

One thing that’s being glossed over. Huber was absolutely DREADFUL today. As he’s been most of the playoffs and season. It’s been time to move on. Feel good story but move the fuck on. 

Yeah, they never did say how long any punt was, but the returner was always coming forward to catch it.  

I just  don't think it was their time yet.  Hurts though, it looked for a while like they had it in the bag, and then it was not in the bag.  Epic game.  Emotional roller coaster.  But i can't feel too bad about the loss.  Noted all-around good guy, and former Bengal Andrew Whitworth finally gets a big fat diamond encrusted in ring in what is likely his final season.  And of course there's the fact that the future does look incredibly bright for our team.  The Bengals have plenty of cap room, the team is young, the defense is an abject point of pride, for me at least.   Just a few little tweaks here and there - and we all know where - is all thats required to take, what is to me,  already a perennial contender right over the top. 

22 minutes ago, spicoli said:

But if Burrow throws it to either one of Perine or Higgins it’s a first down and then some. Sure though, put it all on Taylor. 

What?  The point is you punt there and pin them deep.  He didn’t need to go for it there at that time.  That was Idiotic.  Play field position.  

Ouch! Can't sugar coat the fact that the brass ring was right there, and after years of varying degrees of heartache, we still didn't grab it. It really felt like there was a chance this year, it felt different. Very mixed emotions right now. Angry and depressed cause you've got to find a way when a very rare opportunity is there. Super proud of the defense. They were without a doubt the superstars of this team all postseason. Proud of Burrow and the skill players on offense. They were spectacular at times and were trying to overcome the two biggest problems that cost us the Lombardi IMO. Obviously the O line. I mean, come on. 7 sacks today. 11 qb hits. Amazing we got so close with a couple of guys who have no business starting on an NFL o line. The other hurdle was the rhythm of Taylor's play calling. That was a year long problem and certainly, at least in part, a byproduct of trying to juggle his way around that o line. Hard to be too critical. Despite all the problems, this team won games they probably shouldn't have (Titans, Chiefs) and damn near won the Super Bowl. DAMN I wish they would have. Then I wouldn't be sitting here with a headache with all the coulda, shoulda, woulda screaming in my head, and typing this long post that doesn't begin to say what I want it to.  Here's hoping they make the necessary tweaks, and we're back sooner than later to clear that last hurdle. Who Dey

7 hours ago, saphead said:

Completely fucked on the Wilson call. Absolutely fucked

********* Even Collinsworth was baffled by that one.

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

Fuck them. Wait until the last 2 min to start calling penalties. NFL decided they weren’t going to let us win. 

******** Since the entire telecast was I ❤️Los Angeles, you had to know this was coming.  Foreboding foreshadowing.

7 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Eli Apple against Kupp

******** I said something negative about Apple a couple weeks ago and got zinged.  LA coaches sure picked up on him.

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

So you tell me… the refs let every single thing go until the last 2 min of the game. Who you think the NFL wanted to win? 
Absolutely ridiculous. 

*************** so much this 👆🏼

7 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

******** And this 👆🏼

I didn't have a problem going for it on 4th and 1. They have made those some many times before and that would have set the tone. 

I expected to be trailing at halftime and knew they would score on the second half opening drive as they had done before. Was confident when we went up 7.

Once Burrow got hurt I knew we would have a hard time scoring again.

Great season and we got a fantastic taste of the Super Bowl. Winning a ring is the only the satisfaction for the next few years. What's bothering me now is that it's going to be hard to get back there again. So many good teams in the AFC.

Gotta build the Oline. The advantage we have now is that we can attract proven FAs and use picks to get quality in the second through fourth rounds.

23 minutes ago, saphead said:

If you would like to vomit there is video out there of Jamar Chase beating Ramsey down the sideline on the last play of the game, Joe just didn't have time to get it to him. It was a walk off game winner.  

Ugg...

Well, if the team or anyone involved in it thought that OL is an after thought, those dumb thoughts should be gone given the sacks/pressure JB took and the knee injury scare. 

I couldn't sleep. Finally found some at 5:30 am and then back up up in two hours for work lol. I am beat.

What kept me up was the frustration over the officials literally swallowing their whistles and letting the teams be physical between receivers and d-backs ALL GAME until...the end. That is what kept me up. The Ramsey hold on Tee to stop our first red zone attempt? Fine. The Tee facemask grab of Ramsey to throw him off? Fine.

That was how the game was reffed. That was what the standard was. And for THAT CALL to be made when Wilson didn't even fucking hold? In that spot? On a play where the Rams entire line false started? That's what kept me up. For the refs to change what they were doing there was what will always stick with me. 

Archived