Super Bowl LVI Game Thread - Rams at Bengals

25 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I posted the link to this further up (down?) the thread.

One thing to note is Whit is the first to jump but the Center

was getting the ball off late.

No way in Hell were they going to call a penalty on the Peyton Award Winner

from earlier in the game.

Which, BTW, pissed me off royally because no mention of anything and everything

he did in Cincinnati... which was LOTS.

This entire cluster fuck game was a predetermined WWF match only

they didn't tell the Bengals.  Protect the LA Shield.

The offensive line was not good enough to be a champion. We all knew it. Some people pretended like it wasn’t a thing. Without Joe Burrow, this team is picking in the Top 10 again. I beg the head office to realize they’ve got a legitimate chance at having a top tier team and fix this fucking problem. Our QB was sacked 19 times in 3 games. This cannot happen again.

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

That is good, is it MLB that they have to choose a team? I think NHL may do that as well

2 hours ago, membengal said:

they go in as busts, not in uniform. His bio will have both Bengals and Rams. 

Correct. They can choose which--or how many, as in Peyton's case--they wish to represent:

What team is Peyton Manning representing in the Hall of Fame?  

Peyton Manning won't be choosing between the Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos when he's inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame — he'll represent both, and the University of Tennessee, too. 

“I’m honored to represent the Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos as well as the University of Tennessee to join Doug Atkins and Reggie White as the only Tennessee Vols to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and to represent my hometown of New Orleans,” Manning said on a Zoom call with reporters in February.

“That’s the great thing about the Pro Football Hall of Fame. You go in and you take all the schools and teams and people that have been a part of your football life with you. I’m certainly honored to do that.”

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Correct. They can choose which--or how many, as in Peyton's case--they wish to represent:

What team is Peyton Manning representing in the Hall of Fame?  

Peyton Manning won't be choosing between the Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos when he's inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame — he'll represent both, and the University of Tennessee, too. 

“I’m honored to represent the Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos as well as the University of Tennessee to join Doug Atkins and Reggie White as the only Tennessee Vols to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and to represent my hometown of New Orleans,” Manning said on a Zoom call with reporters in February.

“That’s the great thing about the Pro Football Hall of Fame. You go in and you take all the schools and teams and people that have been a part of your football life with you. I’m certainly honored to do that.”

Good to know and lots to to think about for John Ross LOL. 

r2

There is an alternate reality somewhere in the Universe where Burrow has half a second more to throw the ball (because Donald is not allowed to line up off sides) and Burrow makes the greatest throw and play in Super Bowl history for the winning score, and many of us remember it as the greatest moment of our lives. I can see it and hear it even if I close my eyes and picture it.

19 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

You just knew a makeup call was coming.  It hurt, but the Bengals did get a free TD and had plenty of chances to score in the second half.  The OL isn't good enough.  Just amazing they got this far behind that trash.

Not crushed because I believe they will be back!

This is exactly right. Unfortunately, refs miss calls all the time, but it's the better team that overcomes the bad calls and still wins! The Rams were also playing without OBJ (most of the game), Robert Woods, Higbee, Blanton, Mundt & they survived the missed face mask call ...and still found a way to win.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 3.37.54 PM.png

The game is being shown again on NFL Network.  Happened to turn it on just before the two-minute warning…in time to see that the referees missed another infraction of the rules committed by the Rams.  On Aker’s 8-yard run from the 16 to the 8, a teammate pulled him forward for the last two yards.  It’s now okay to push the ball-carrier forward, but you can’t pull him.

34 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Remember fourth down 1st half linebacker knocks it down. P lined up on wrong side so the linebacker is in there to knock ball down. Prime on the other side I still don’t think we get the first. It’s on inside the nfl 

Well, on that play, Aaron Donald lined up offsides.  Should have been a 5-yard penalty and a first down.  

There’s no telling how the game may have gone from that point forward.

Sure would have been nice to have had the game called fairly…instead of whatever bullshit that officiating crew was trying to do.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jungletiger said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10028632-bengals-st-coach-evan-mcpherson-watching-sb-halftime-show-a-real-sore-subject

Bengals ST Coach: Evan McPherson Watching SB Halftime Show 'A Real Sore Subject'

In hindsight yeah ..

Kid's 20yrs old playing in the big game.

Im sure his Front row seat will be forever etched in him..

He got his reprimand and all forgiven.

And he was ice n the big one..

Archived