Thank You!

35 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Nope.  You would have felt great about the team even without it.

I said it makes me feel better , Harry. Not it makes me feel better about the team. As in, I was very glad that this fans showed up and welcomed them back like that. Made me feel good to see that.

Just now, membengal said:

I said it makes me feel better , Harry. Not it makes me feel better about the team. As in, I was very glad that this fans showed up and welcomed them back like that. Made me feel good to see that.

Yep, exactly.  Me, too.

I wasn't there because I get up at 5:00 for work and I work at home.

And crowds creep me out and not because of Covid.

Still, I know darned well we BOTH support them all the way

to our orange and black cores.

:icon15:

I haven't posted in a while b/c we were on a roll and I didn't want to mess up the mojo!  I have to say that I'm SO proud of this team.  I was 8 when we were last in the SB and that's the Bengals game I really remember.  This season, especially the playoff run, brought me so much joy.  Even in the end when things didn't go our way, this team fought till the end.  I love this team.  The SB loss hurt, but I can't say enough how great it was to see them fight even when (on paper) they were overmatched.  Who Dey!!!

Bengals Fans, Thank You From Katie Blackburn

Bengals Fans, Thank You From Katie Blackburn

Feb 15, 2022 at 05:26 PM

Katie Blackburn3

Bengals fans around the world,

Thank you.

2021 started with the tag line "Rule the Jungle" and evolved into "Rule It All". To bring this vision to life, it took extraordinary amounts of hard work, passion and belief by the players, coaches as well as by our staff and each and every one of you.

This year showed how many important elements are necessary to get us to the Super Bowl. I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for getting us there.  

It officially started September 12 as our home opener crowd roared us to a win over the Vikings and the world witnessed a foreshadowing clutch kick by rookie Evan McPherson. The inaugural Ring of Honor ceremony willed our team to a second half comeback that set viewership records for Thursday Night football and was full of special moments. The energy continued as we swept the Steelers in front of a packed house on Thanksgiving weekend. The Christmas crowd against Baltimore helped place our squad in the driver's seat for the Division title. And the New Year's crowd against Kansas City ensured that we took home the AFC North crown.

As the playoffs began, over 65,000 loud, rollicking, and boisterous Cincinnatians celebrated in a most uplifting manner the victory against the Raiders. It seemed like half of those people showed up in Nashville to send us to the AFC title game. When we got to Kansas City, thousands of our fans helped our guys in stripes win the franchise's third Conference crown. And of course we are so thankful for all the unbelievable support shown in so many creative ways as we headed to Super Bowl LVI.

Thank you for showing your stripes.

Thank you for the cheers, the tears, the memories and all of the amazing ways you've documented this journey. 

Thank you for fostering an engaging, inclusive, and overwhelmingly positive online community on Bengals social media channels.  

Thank you for setting attendance and noise level records that make the Jungle synonymous with a home field advantage in the NFL.

This season created a lifetime of memories for me and countless Bengals fans. Our fans across the country and the world got to see Cincinnati at its best. You all made this possible and, for that reason, I gratefully say "thank you".  

Remember the feeling and let it fuel us all to get back.

So savor this season and let's get ready to "Rule 2022".  

Katie Blackburn

16 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I would have liked Katie's letter include an acknowledgement that they realize the O-line needs to be addressed by the front office and that they'll leave no stone unturned to protect their QB

The purpose of the letter was not to call out players or positions on the team that need to be addressed, it was to thank the fans.  

In fact, ownership should never talk about players, coaches or positions to the public…, ever.  There is a reason everyone considers Jerry Jones a clown. 

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

The purpose of the letter was not to call out players or positions on the team that need to be addressed, it was to thank the fans.  

In fact, ownership should never talk about players, coaches or positions to the public…, ever.  There is a reason everyone considers Jerry Jones a clown. 

truth preach GIF

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Unknown.jpeg

:ninja:

On 2/17/2022 at 7:20 AM, SF2 said:

I don't wanna hear her call anyone out. I wanna hear her say that she (ownership) will do their part to keep this ball rolling

38 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I don't wanna hear her call anyone out. I wanna hear her say that she (ownership) will do their part to keep this ball rolling

Agreed. The reality is they tried to improve the line thru FA but Reiff got hurt. We already had the Chase v Sewell debate.  Not sure what else they could do in one off season. 

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

Agreed. The reality is they tried to improve the line thru FA but Reiff got hurt. We already had the Chase v Sewell debate.  Not sure what else they could do in one off season. 

Banking on a mediocre center coming off ACL surgery, a couple outcast guards, and a third round prospect they took in the second round?  Nah.  The front office doesn’t get credit for doing all they can do last summer to fix the O line.  

On 2/18/2022 at 10:33 PM, UncleEarl said:

Banking on a mediocre center coming off ACL surgery, a couple outcast guards, and a third round prospect they took in the second round?  Nah.  The front office doesn’t get credit for doing all they can do last summer to fix the O line.  

They should be held accountable for drafting damaged goods that high in the second round. They should have learned that lesson with Ced O. Particularly a back issue

9 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

They should be held accountable for drafting damaged goods that high in the second round. They should have learned that lesson with Ced O. Particularly a back issue

The team went to the SB, not sure who you want to be held acoountable. Other than OL, the last few drafts have been very good. They do miss at OL a lot. I think by next season we will see how the 3 OL draftees from 2021 are fairing. We should all know better than judge players after year one. 

51 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The team went to the SB, not sure who you want to be held acoountable. Other than OL, the last few drafts have been very good. They do miss at OL a lot. I think by next season we will see how the 3 OL draftees from 2021 are fairing. We should all know better than judge players after year one. 

On the whole the last two drafts have been great. But that doesn't mean the Carman pick was sound. They ought not take damaged goods that high in the draft. It's unnecessarily risky. This is a fact irrespective of how their other picks turned out

9 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

On the whole the last two drafts have been great. But that doesn't mean the Carman pick was sound. They ought not take damaged goods that high in the draft. It's unnecessarily risky. This is a fact irrespective of how their other picks turned out

This.

On the other hand the "holding people accountable" phrase is one that probably should be sent to the management bullshit waste can.  It's a fancy way of saying blame.  I don't think anyone should be blamed, but further steps are needed to make sure Burrow isn't pummeled year after year.  Staying away from players with chronic injuries and those players that don't take training seriously in the first half of the draft should be a principle for any team.

50 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

This.

On the other hand the "holding people accountable" phrase is one that probably should be sent to the management bullshit waste can.  It's a fancy way of saying blame.  I don't think anyone should be blamed, but further steps are needed to make sure Burrow isn't pummeled year after year.  Staying away from players with chronic injuries and those players that don't take training seriously in the first half of the draft should be a principle for any team.

I'm a big one on accountability. Nothing wrong with holding people accountable

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

That was an incredible run. They were one play on either side of the ball away from a Championship. Hopefully they don't approach the offseason with that mindset though. They were also one play away on either side of the ball from losing every playoff game this year, including the first round. They didn't dominate anyone in the playoffs. Win or lose, the beating Burrow is taking is unconscionable. Protect his health, keep the defense intact as much as possible, and I think they could go on a run that doesn't keep us all on the verge of a heart attack, lol. 

Archived