The Good, Bad, and Ugly from the Super Bowl

GOOD

- Bengals run defense was amazing

- Logan Wilson was a beast and looked like a 1980s old-school run stuffing MLB

- Higgins stepped up big and scored 2 TDs

- Secondary got 2 ints

- Great long one-handed catch by Chase

- Halfback pass was a nice play call and creative, need more of that

- Burrow is tough as nails and stood in there while under heavy assault on almost every play

- McPherson continued his perfect post season

- Second half Bengals came out of locker room strong

- Bengals held the lead through most of the 2nd half, held their own and showed they deserved to be there, in fact they deserved to win in my view.

- Gained lots of valuable big game experience that can be used when they return in the coming years. 

- Bengals covered the spread (if you bet on the game)

BAD

- Huber's punts were all short and cost an average of 20 yards in field position

- Couldn’t get Mixon going fully

- Boyd having his only drop of the year at the worst time

- Perine cutting inside to run at Donald on the second to last play for the Bengals (should have cut it outside)

- Needed to find more ways to get Chase the ball

- Eli Apple got exposed on a few plays

- Needed to double cover Kupp and didn’t on that last drive

- Needed to go 4 WR instead of 5 WR and use a blocking back more

UGLY

- Hargraves forgetting he wasn't active or in uniform

- This team has more problems with 3rd / 4th and 1, than they do 3rd and 10. Need better play design. 

- The Bengals guards couldn’t block Aaron Donald, then again, most NFL guards can’t

- The refs fucked the Bengals on the Wilson holding call on 3rd and goal and by not calling the earlier hold on Higgins

It was opposite day. Bengals got to the SB, played best in the first half. Got some lucky breaks. The other team adjusted better and stuck the dagger in right at the end. At least I know how the Raiders, Titans and Chiefs feel.

The ride was fun though, eh. There was a bit just after the half with the Int (but before 'cut his ass immediately' strolled on to the field to cost us half the distance) when I genuinely thought this was our time.

Good:

- we made the SB!

- Joey B handled himself well; he'll do his best and I believe in him to get us back there.

- Lou and the D, thank you!

Bad:

- The refs changing the way they flagged the game in the last 2 mins.

Ugly:

- play calling personnel, why was Mixon not in the game for crucial short yards.  He was playing well.

- the OL pass protect

When Vernon Hargreaves ran onto the field, I shouted out...WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?!? This idiot plays four games for the team and runs out like he's been here his whole life. I honestly didn't even know who it was. What a moron. That goes down as one of the stupidest moves ever. That was the Sewer Brewer right there.

Good: Exposure

The final numbers have landed for the Rams-Bengals Super Bowl. They are massive.

The total audience averaged 112.3 million people, with a total reach of 167 million. Of the average audience, 11.2 million watched on Peacock, accounting for nearly 10 percent of the total audience.

It made Super Bowl LVI the most-watched TV show in five years, since New England’s 28-3 turnaround in Super Bowl LI.

Cincinnati was the top metered market, allowed not by L.A. but by Detroit, where Lions fans were living vicariously through their former starting quarterback, Matthew Stafford. Third on the list was Pittsburgh, followed by Columbus, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Boston, Philly, and Jacksonville. Los Angeles didn’t crack the top 10; not a surprise given that the number is driven by total TVs in the market. In Los Angeles, there are many more total TVs.

The Super Bowl always will generate huge numbers. The biggest numbers come not from the best matchup but the best game. And  it ultimately was a close, exciting game.

2 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

When Vernon Hargreaves ran onto the field, I shouted out...WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?!? This idiot plays four games for the team and runs out like he's been here his whole life. I honestly didn't even know who it was. What a moron. That goes down as one of the most stupidest moves ever. That was the Sewer Brewer right there.

So true.  If the Brewer is done away with maybe the Hargreaves could replace it.  😆🤣

https://www.aol.com/sports/bengals-lost-super-bowl-way-193403153.html 

this article right here says it all.  We are only the third team in SB history to win the turnover battle and lose.  Plus two btw.  We didn’t do well with that stat during the regular season either.  The last time that was done was 42 years ago.  Most of these coincidences were against the Rams in SBs.  How Ironic.  The Bengals never committed a Turnover and that is only the 3rd time that has happened in a SB and lost.  Last time that happened, Titians vs the Rams. 

On 2/14/2022 at 2:15 AM, BlackJesus said:

GOOD

- Bengals run defense was amazing

- Logan Wilson was a beast and looked like a 1980s old-school run stuffing MLB

- Higgins stepped up big and scored 2 TDs

- Secondary got 2 ints

- Great long one-handed catch by Chase

- Halfback pass was a nice play call and creative, need more of that

- Burrow is tough as nails and stood in there while under heavy assault on almost every play

- McPherson continued his perfect post season

- Second half Bengals came out of locker room strong

- Bengals held the lead through most of the 2nd half, held their own and showed they deserved to be there, in fact they deserved to win in my view.

- Gained lots of valuable big game experience that can be used when they return in the coming years. 

- Bengals covered the spread (if you bet on the game)

BAD

- Huber's punts were all short and cost an average of 20 yards in field position

- Couldn’t get Mixon going fully

- Boyd having his only drop of the year at the worst time

- Perine cutting inside to run at Donald on the second to last play for the Bengals (should have cut it outside)

- Needed to find more ways to get Chase the ball

- Eli Apple got exposed on a few plays

- Needed to double cover Kupp and didn’t on that last drive

- Needed to go 4 WR instead of 5 WR and use a blocking back more

UGLY

- Hargraves forgetting he wasn't active or in uniform

- This team has more problems with 3rd / 4th and 1, than they do 3rd and 10. Need better play design. 

- The Bengals guards couldn’t block Aaron Donald, then again, most NFL guards can’t

- The refs fucked the Bengals on the Wilson holding call on 3rd and goal and by not calling the earlier hold on Higgins

huber averaged 43.3 yards per punt, other punter was 43.5 net, which is about the average for the entire nfl. where is this 20 yards of field position coming from?

like 70% of the rest of this is some way associated with the o-line. which makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

Best breakdown of officials in super bowl sucked obviously. I didn’t see some of these 

Best view yet of the false start on the play that Logan Wilson got called for holding.  

I was wondering if this guy would point out this following should-have-been-a-penalty play that apparently NOBODY BUT ME noticed (He didn’t.):

On Akers 8-yard run (last play before 2-minute warning) the WR clearly pulls on Akers, allowing him to get an extra yard or two.  That’s a penalty…you can push, but you can’t pull.  

Instead of 1st-and-goal at the 8, it should have been 2nd-and-8 from the 21.  
45411B40-12CF-4378-87EB-B1AE8B6BBD24.jpeg.429f080622fb1571411ef95379060e6e.jpegDAFB5F24-F6BD-426C-A14C-D29EEA973059.jpeg.fd28b3282f8be6f0224e0ce29a30babb.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Best view yet of the false start on the play that Logan Wilson got called for holding.  

I was wondering if this guy would point out this following should-have-been-a-penalty play that apparently NOBODY BUT ME noticed (He didn’t.):

On Akers 8-yard run (last play before 2-minute warning) the WR clearly pulls on Akers, allowing him to get an extra yard or two.  That’s a penalty…you can push, but you can’t pull.  

Instead of 1st-and-goal at the 8, it should have been 2nd-and-8 from the 21.  
45411B40-12CF-4378-87EB-B1AE8B6BBD24.jpeg.429f080622fb1571411ef95379060e6e.jpegDAFB5F24-F6BD-426C-A14C-D29EEA973059.jpeg.fd28b3282f8be6f0224e0ce29a30babb.jpeg

That play haunts me but..

Higgins penalty should have been called as well..

The crew was bad though..

Im not sure what referee calls coach es can challenge but it should be open to Any call they make..

Theyre ineptitude is changing wins and losses for that to happen..

Archived