Life after the Superbowl - The off season

16 hours ago, Griever said:

Chase is an absolute physical specimen

Definitely. Many of his big plays are because DBs assume they are tackling a typical WR and then those hammer thighs don't budge when they go to tackle him.

I saw that LSU's old coach said that he was also the best RB on the team if they would have played him there (on a team with Edwards-Elaire). 

I wish the combine had players do leg presses (let's say 400 lb) in the same way they have them do 225 lb bench presses, as I think Chase would probably have the highest WR rep score ever. 

On 3/30/2022 at 3:42 AM, BlackJesus said:

Chase lining up against Ocho 

11-d

Those are not normal legs for a WR (which is why he's so powerful after the catch), Chase is built like a RB 

I met Chris Henry at a charity Basketball game against our firefighters..

We sat on some steps outside the gym at halftime..

He had his lil boy with him

We talked for awhile..

Nice man but hw seemed shy to me..

Point of this is his physique..

From the waist up he was very thin..

His legs were muscular especially his calves..

Calves like Chase or bigger..

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

yeah, it's odd the team is starting so late, 2 weeks after the Clowns. 

Well, we will be playing several weeks later at the end of the season so it kinda balances, right?  :)

1 hour ago, Griever said:

You sort of have to take "Strength of Schedule" with a grain of salt. Things change so much year over year in the NFL.

Yes and this year in particular...

Who knows maybe the Jets or Jags will be a tough opponent.

Look how we transformed so quicklly and I know JB and Chase made it easier but alot of teams are gearing up strongly

right now.. 

This is going to be a great season for the NFL...

Not sure how many others here wanted Sewell, but boy am I glad we took Chase. VERY GLAD. I am so glad I was wrong too. I don't think we make the playoffs let alone the Super Bowl without Chase. The guy is amazing, and I have bought a boatload of his rookie cards, along with Burrow's, Tee's, Mixon's and Boyds. I even bought Evan McPherson's cards. He has the highest valued kicker's cards. He's that popular. 

I cannot wait for the new season. It's going to be so hard waiting until Late August. 

Edit: Changed to correct name for Evan McPherson. For some reason I was thinking Ewan McGregor so I called him McGregor lol. 

2 minutes ago, Gary said:

Not sure how many others here wanted Sewell, but boy am I glad we took Chase. VERY GLAD. I am so glad I was wrong too. I don't think we make the playoffs let alone the Super Bowl without Chase. The guy is amazing, and I have bought a boatload of his rookie cards, along with Burrow's, Tee's, Mixon's and Boyds. I even bought McGregor's cards. He has the highest valued kicker's cards. He's that popular. 

I cannot wait for the new season. It's going to be so hard waiting until Late August. 

Keep those cards in mint conditions .

Chase is another Rice Moss legend to be..

Here are some of my cards. Still a TON to get graded, and never mind the Mahomes rookie in there. I accidently put it in there. But these are my current bengal cards. I have a lot of them that are not in cases as well. I only put the ones over $30 value in cases. The rest are in top loaders. 

IMG_3033.jpg

31 minutes ago, Gary said:

Here are some of my cards. Still a TON to get graded, and never mind the Mahomes rookie in there. I accidently put it in there. But these are my current bengal cards. I have a lot of them that are not in cases as well. I only put the ones over $30 value in cases. The rest are in top loaders. 

IMG_3033.jpg

Nice collection you have there snd I noticed all sealed..

Do you have multiplel brands?

When I was younger I collected Topps...Times change though..

3 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Well, we will be playing several weeks later at the end of the season so it kinda balances, right?  :)

Yes..For what they just went thru..

The playoffs are a grind..

You give more than 100% .

They played 4 grueling games.

Extra time off is needed before training camp.

Props to ZT..

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Nice collection you have there snd I noticed all sealed..

Do you have multiplel brands?

When I was younger I collected Topps...Times change though..

Topps is still out there.. But what's weird is that all brands seem to have been bought by "Panini" or whatever, so while they have their own name brand they all fall under Panini as the master brand. 

Remember in the late 80s and very early 90s? They just mass produced everything, and there wasn't anything special about the cards. BUT NOW you have like 20 different variations of each card, so each individual card is worth more. It was a genius plan. I have cards where there were only 4 of that version made. It can be as small of a different as a rainbow reflector instead of mirror reflector. One will be worth $25 and the rarer one that looks just like the $25 card will be like #10 of #50, meaning only 50 of those were made, and can be worth 25 times the $25 card which was semi-mass produced. Never as much as they were in the late 80s and very early 90s though. The cards today that aren't numbered as 10/50 or 10/300 or whatever are still worth way more than the mass produced stuff, so even though that's the card you are likely to get there are still a LOT LESS of them produced than the sets from the 80s 90s. 

It was a genius move in order to limit the numbers of different variations on the same card. 

If you see above on the left hand side, Ja'marr Chase has two blue rated rookie cards and one holo-foil. All three are worth more than just the regular white rated rookie card that looks the same. Also, those Ja'Marr Chase cards are "proof" cards so not a huge amount were made of any of them. The mass produced one was the white normal rated rookie card. About a 10th of the value of the blue and gold ones I have. 

1 hour ago, Gary said:

Topps is still out there.. But what's weird is that all brands seem to have been bought by "Panini" or whatever, so while they have their own name brand they all fall under Panini as the master brand. 

Remember in the late 80s and very early 90s? They just mass produced everything, and there wasn't anything special about the cards. BUT NOW you have like 20 different variations of each card, so each individual card is worth more. It was a genius plan. I have cards where there were only 4 of that version made. It can be as small of a different as a rainbow reflector instead of mirror reflector. One will be worth $25 and the rarer one that looks just like the $25 card will be like #10 of #50, meaning only 50 of those were made, and can be worth 25 times the $25 card which was semi-mass produced. Never as much as they were in the late 80s and very early 90s though. The cards today that aren't numbered as 10/50 or 10/300 or whatever are still worth way more than the mass produced stuff, so even though that's the card you are likely to get there are still a LOT LESS of them produced than the sets from the 80s 90s. 

It was a genius move in order to limit the numbers of different variations on the same card. 

If you see above on the left hand side, Ja'marr Chase has two blue rated rookie cards and one holo-foil. All three are worth more than just the regular white rated rookie card that looks the same. Also, those Ja'Marr Chase cards are "proof" cards so not a huge amount were made of any of them. The mass produced one was the white normal rated rookie card. About a 10th of the value of the blue and gold ones I have. 

As a card enthusiast from  long ago Im more than impressed  by your exceptional knowledge ..

Archived