2022 Free Agency

2 minutes ago, Cat said:

Anyone catch the Bengals Booth podcast this week? They had Baghdad Hob on there - cliff's notes, he said *if* they resign jessie, he will likely be the big FA signing this year. And if they do sign an outside-the-organization guy (for the OL, for example) they won't have enough money for both Ogunjobi and Hill.

So all this thoughtful and interesting analysis you guys are doing, you might as well forget it, because we won't have any money left. :34_rolling_eyes: 

He's so infuriating. Like he goes out of his way to say we won't have any money to spend on FA after we sign our own back. Every season.

Hobson is a joke, but what he says does reflect the thoughts of Bengals management.  Maybe not 100% accurrate, but a lot closer than anyone else..  

I just don't see how they can sign both Ogunjobi and Hill.  Both should get significant raises, and a team looking for a full time player will pay either more than the Bengals should as rotational guys.  I think you pick one and pay them and look for a cheaper rotational guy.  

well he likes his job working at the company store..   the only thing they will have in their favor this year is players will want to come play with Burrow.  if our offer is close to another teams we might win a couple this time  instead of offering more and still losing out.   i believe we will get a couple of vet OL to sign here, Bates (should) get done unless he wants stupid money.  and we'll  get 1 of the 2 DTs back .  if the cut Waynes that should be enough cap to pay for the other DT. 

Bengals will have lots of money to spend on upgrades without compromising the cap for future years. Hobknob should just be ignored in general and especially on anything cap related. Bengals will tag Bates but can afford to extend him, and can afford to re-sign any free agents they want. Additionally, they can afford to add some O-line upgrades.

I'd say we shouldn't re-sign Apple if he wants starter money we should look for an upgrade. I'd prefer Gronk to CJ but we can afford both. We should fix the O-line in free agency and draft a CB or 3 technique in round 1. 

2 hours ago, Cat said:

He's so infuriating. Like he goes out of his way to say we won't have any money to spend on FA after we sign our own back. Every season.

Didn’t work out too good for him the last two years though, did it? 

And lmao at “Baghdad Hob” 😂

19 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Hobson is a joke, but what he says does reflect the thoughts of Bengals management.  Maybe not 100% accurrate, but a lot closer than anyone else..  

I just don't see how they can sign both Ogunjobi and Hill.  Both should get significant raises, and a team looking for a full time player will pay either more than the Bengals should as rotational guys.  I think you pick one and pay them and look for a cheaper rotational guy.  

Hobknob Hobbin' on the Knob again.  Re-sign Apple, cover the draft and the dreaded injury settlements and in his mind we'll have to cut one of the Big 3 receivers just to squeeze under the cap.

22 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

You might get Ogunjobi back cheaper because of his injury.

And because his abilities aren't par with Hills..

Both are good 3tech.rushers .

The difference is tackling..

Hill is better than Ogunjobi..

I believe its a must to sign Hill.

3techs are a hot commodity now..

Keeping our best one in Hill has to happen.

29 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Of the DTs now scheduled for free agency Ogunjobi had the most sacks last year with 7. Hill was second with 6, tied with Suh.  Both will get pretty good offers from other teams. 

Best to give one a good offer, otherwise the Bengals will be outbid before they even start.

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Of the DTs now scheduled for free agency Ogunjobi had the most sacks last year with 7. Hill was second with 6, tied with Suh.  Both will get pretty good offers from other teams. 

It still blows my mind we got Hill for Billy Price. 

27 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Pacman said a "little birdie" told him we're signing Ryan Jenson to a 3 year 39 million contract

That seems awfully specific. Can’t imagine the Bengals organization would ever let something like that leak out….especially with the tampering rules in place. 

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

That seems awfully specific. Can’t imagine the Bengals organization would ever let something like that leak out….especially with the tampering rules in place. 

I have no idea if Pacman has any sources in the front office, he just said that is all.

A lot of teams seem to play fast and loose with the tampering rules

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Pacman said a "little birdie" told him we're signing Ryan Jenson to a 3 year 39 million contract

Are sure Pac-Man wasn’t just waving his little birdie at a cop?

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Yeah but that’s not exactly the Bengals m/o. 

i assume even the bengals tamper, not like they are gonna turn down phone calls from agents, in jensons agent knows he wants to come here, its in his and his clients interest to reach out ahead of time, the part as someone else mentioned, that is interesting is that it leaked, now that could be from the agent, Jensens agent is mike mcartney, who has been around for a long long time in the biz, coaching, scouting, front office, so its possible pacman has a connection there, OR with someone else at the agency.  just my thought, may not be from the bengals at all

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

Agree and 3yr 39mil ..13mil per

Is too high imo..

3yr 30mil 10mil per seems fair ..

Archived